Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:57 am

Good morning!

Today is my oldest brother's birthday. I just missed being born on his 16th birthday. He's 85 today and still the smartest, wittiest, and most youthful of our bunch! Happy Birthday, Gene!

Yesterday was a calm day here, unless you count an impromptu Costco run at suppertime exciting. And these days, it can be! We were able to pick up most of what we wanted. And there were no more people there than usual. In fact, less. Probably because it was 6pm. Today we're going to Tacoma to sign our new wills. But now Bill says he wants to make a change but he never called the attorney so this appt may be all for naught. I don't mind the change, but I DO mind that he's waiting until our signing appt to tell the attorney when he's had 3 weeks to call and talk to him! Grrr!! In sewing news, I'm all about my UGRR swap blocks. I'm finding them fun!

IRISH - no, I hadn't heard that Kathy cancelled her trip. Probably a smart move on her part. But I'm sure she really wants to be with you right now. But she's really helping a lot even from a distance. She's such a blessing to you! Tomorrow is your big day! And Baby Girl's! Cats love new things to explore. Thought of you yesterday morning on my morning walk - a bald eagle soared right over our heads and landed in a tree about 40 feet up. We've seen him (or her?) before, perched in the top of another tree in the same area.

TINA - our bank lobbies are closed but drive-up windows are still open. But I think most folks do their banking on-line these days. I don't but Bill does. The exercise is for my Right hip, which is the bad one. And it's not specifically for sciatica but perhaps it will help you anyway.

LORI - Glad your grand-dogs are OK, but I bet they were a bit freaked. Animals sense things we humans don't and I'm not sure that's such a blessing for them! I also hope your parents got all they needed in their delivery. Have fun with your cutter. How are those cutters for waste?

JANA - I hope YOUR excitement is all settled down now. LOVE Ethan's prayer! I'm guessing he has a pretty good grasp of the situation. Better than a lot of adults! Have fun in your Batt Cave. I could go for some CHicken cordon bleu . . . .

BECCA - glad you were able to get a "car shot". I'm sure they didn't want unnecessary walk-ins any more than patients wanted to walk in!

Supper tonite? Gosh, I haven't even thought about it yet. I do have a container of beans and ham in the freezer. Maybe that . . . Or spaghetti and meatballs.

When you're cleaning, don't forget to wash towels and pillowcases frequently and to wipe down your sewing machines, rulers, cutters, mats, scissors, irons, etc!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 20th

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here got. Walk in because it is already 72 Got some yard work done yesterday & bathrooms cleaning
Will finish today And will do more in yard

Maryz I even clean the mail & mailbox Denise called yesterday to tell
Me to do it I told I had been for days She is checking every day
Glad you are restocked

Jana Ethans prayer was perfect for the time we are living in Children sense much more than we know

Tina Hope the hip & leg is better And you didn’t have to reclean

Lori What field of work did you do

Irish Glad Kathy isn’t coming Mine cancelled for this weekend Thinking of you in the big move Glad you have lots of help
We have leftover meatloaf I’ll add black eyed peas C.A. wants them I have greens for me. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 am

Becca, I was a police dispatcher/911 operator 28 years. 72 sounds lovely. It's been about 55 when I take my walks @0830.

Mary, I got caught up on laundry yesterday. Got some sewing done too. I'm a bit stressed about this virus, so sewing takes my mind off it.

Baked potatoes with leftover chilli for dinner tonight.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 am

Good morning!

Just got home from the grocery store. They have oldies hour, 3 times a week, from 7 to 8 am. We were there as the doors opened. Got most on my list, no tp, clorox wipes or eggs. First trip out in two weeks. Then when we got home, started the decontamination process. Put everything on my laundry room counter, wiped down each and everything, then put away. Michael wiped all the surfaces in the car, etc. Then we stripped off clothes, they went in the washer and then we showered. Trying hard not to get this virus! Aaron does the same with his clothes, when he comes home from duty, before he goes in his house.

The ground is still quiet here. But it is snowing. Yesterday we got a inch of rain. Spring is finicky! It was my oldest brother's birthday yesterday. He turned 82. I don't have contact, but keep track of him through Sandee. Long story of why. He is not doing well.

Humm, dinner - I think I will make a big batch of tortilla soup with some of the fresh veggies I just got. Freezing some for another day.

Mary - can't wait to sit out on my deck. So nice to have light later as well.

Becca - drive thru shots, the new thing!

Lori - hope you have lots of fabric with the state shutdown. BART is doing much of their engineering work at home - they have already sent work to Michael to do. Hope your sister is well too.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 am

Good morning! The bottom dropped out of the thermometer in the night! We are 30 degrees cooler than yesterday’s 70+! I’m definitely staying in!!!

I keep getting interrupted in trying to get here to post. I did take advantage of walking in the pasture and checking for calves with our nicer weather. We are up to 9 or 10 calves now. I love watching all of them! Did I tell you we have a set of identical twins—black with white faces and black circles around their eyes. They are always together—Pete and Re-pete!

I’m quilting on the Fancy Forest quilt. Seems like it is taking a long time. I’m doing stitch in ditch on most of it and will add a little free motion. Next will be Dogs in Sweaters. I have to figure out what to do in the expanse of white on that one!

Our internet is super slow here now. I think it is overload from everyone working from home and all the students home and using it either for social communicating or maybe studying. Ha! We also live in a dead zone for internet and phones, so our services are not always reliable and this puts a strain on them. I will be lucky if this posts!

Dinner—tortilla soup! I made a big pot of it yesterday, so will be eating on it for awhile and staying in.

Stay safe, All! The virus is getting much closer to our area now from contaminated people visiting from other areas. The baby shower tomorrow was cancelled to keep risk down to everyone invited.

Bon appétit!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Guess everyone is sewing and enjoying being home. We went out this morning to accountant to sign tax forms. While we were driving there the President made the announcement about changing the deadline. We didn't hear it anyway. The tax forms were ready for our signatures, we took our own pens and Clorox wipes. We stayed a safe distance away too.

Last night the raccoons rolled around the roof over our bedroom. They kept us awake for a while. It is definitely spring!! lol

Tonight, because it is Lent and we are Catholic, we had fish, mashed potatoes and green beans. The potatoes are the last we have. We found them last Sunday, but only purchased enough for this week.

Stay safe!

Return to “Chit Chat”