Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:37 am

Good morning,

I had a massage appt for this morning - for this exact hour, actually - but I cancelled it. Waahhhh!! Just felt it was one of those non-essential things. But I did go to chiropractor and picked up the pet food at the back door. One bag each, cat & dog. Now everyone is happy! I was working on my UGRR swap blocks when I noticed a ruckus outside. Vicki's DD, Megan, was visiting and Vicki was outside, agitated, harassing Bill who was working on our tractor. Megan was trying to get her back inside, there was tussling, yelling. Eventually Vicki let Megan lead her back inside. Megan left and V immediately returned full force with middle fingers, bells, hose and sprinkler. She set the sprinkler on the tractor, Bill, and Scottie. All this is exactly what is outlined in our anti-harassment order. Judge instructed us to call sheriff whenever she does any of this. So we did. They responded, talked to her, wrote a report. They know her well. Said it wasn't arrestable, but to keep trying! This took up most of our afternoon. Looks like our winter break is over. Sigh. We did text Megan what all went down after she left. Bill has to do more work on the tractor so we'll see what happens today.

TINA - crazy stuff is happening everywhere! It's like people check their brains at the door! You are having some really nice weather!

JANA - hope all is well after your earthquake this morning!!

IRISH - Did you find a pan and dishes for supper dining? lol!

BECCA - your family is right - you really should let the younger folks bring you anything you need. And maybe you should suggest to your clinic that they give shots in the parking lot so you don't have to go get out of the car. It would be awful to transmit this virus to your CA.

CAROL - I saw the Safeway truck out making deliveries yesterday, so that's still an option as well as grocery pick-up. So many places are also offering senior shopping hours. When our fresh stuff is gone we'll start using canned and frozen veggies.

LORI - Happy to hear Your sweet Jack is doing better. He looks like such a happy dog! But then labs do! I saw two goldens while camping and thought of you. Two of my favorite breeds! I bet a lot of shipments will be delayed as well as regular mail. So, while I'll be looking for those blocks, I won't hold it against you if they arrive a bit late. I'm glad we can do shipping labels from home and then drop off the return envelopes in the lobby of the P.O., perhaps on a quiet Sunday morning.

We have just enough pot roast, potatoes, and carrots left over to make hash for tonite. I've got everything but the onions all diced up and ready to go. I'll toss a salad to go with.

It will be fun creating meals from our pantries during all this quarantine time! Right??!!

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 18

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 am

Mary, I sent priority mail so they should arrive on time.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 am

Still rock and roll. Lots damage coming in from SLC. No major damage at my house. A few cracks in the stucco. Major incident that could cause problems. Aaron and troopers are being sent to the scene. Prayers please, it is dangerous.

Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:55 am

We have put our 72 hour emergency kits in the Highlander and are ready just in case of a evacuation.

Dinner - as you could guess - unknown! LOL!

As Sarah has said on FB, you now have felt a earthquake! She even joked about a tsunami on the Great Salt Lake.

Hopefully a more quiet time,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:07 am

Hello everyone cloudy here but sunny this AM I got my walk in Asked Denise if that was ok lol She is so worried over us I told her to stop & relax She & Mark are calling & trying to help all the elderly they know
Our Marty called yesterday and said please stay put Said if we need anything call DGS or DGD We assured him we are ok
They all canceled coming on Weekend He was coming for 2 days but he said it’s not worth the risk of infecting someone He’s very concerned over the twins too He’s their Poppa

On to better things
Maryz I’m sorry about Vicky Too bad she can’t be committed Hope she settles down

Jana Praying for all of your families safety & all involved

Lori My favorite dog is Labs That’s what my Pebbles was very sweet & protective

I did pick up my bread Beth brought it to my car I am calling to ask about shot in
Car Denise had told me to do that
I got some weeds pulled It’s warm again
And I mixed a meat loaf Will do us 2 times so I will freeze one for later
Maryz I agree there may be some creative meals I will miss my fresh items But I have canned & frozen
School buses are delivering meals to those in need Everyone is trying to help others which I’m glad to see
We have leftovers Chicken n rice
C A has plenty of sweets. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi everyone!!
Mary, sorry about Vicky. My sciatic nerve has been really giving me fits lately, I was hoping to be able to get a massage but I don't want to chance it. We have rainy and cool weather today, I had to turn our pellet stove on and it's still running.
Jana, stay safe! Sounds concerning.
Becca, I hope they can give you curb side shots. Stay home and stay safe.
Lori, I mail from home too even when there isn't any crazy viruses going around.
Irish, don't overdue while moving and stay away from people!
I'm thinking either fajitas or stew for supper, depends on how cool it stays.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 pm

UNCLE! Enough already, but you all are my sanity! Another big aftershock.

I can now share the major incident Aaron was on. At the Kennecott Copper Mine Smelter, there was a 12,000 gallon tank of industrial grade of hydrochoric acid, that leaked 8200 gallons into a catch basin. Aaron was sent to close the roads, which he did. Later, he flew the drone he operates into the damaged warehouse to help the fire teams access what the damage was. We were told by Aaron to be prepared to evacuate, if the cloud of chemical shifted and blew to the south, my direction. But the wind blew the cloud out over the lake to the north, away from population. It is now totally contained. They were afraid at one point of chemicals mixing causing a more dangerous situation. Oh my, did I say hoped for quiet during this stay at home time?

We had planned with Sarah, Sandee, Kate and Matt. Sandee has a large motorhome and it was ready to go, as well as my Highlander with meds, blankets, clothes and food. Matt can hook up his fifth wheel quickly as well. We were ready. It is nice to know that we can, if we need too. Sarah had everything in her truck as well, tents, cook stove and their gear.

So glad that we listened and did.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Jana I’m praying for you & all the people to be safe Hugs Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”