Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB- Tues., Mar 17, St Patrick's Day!!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB- Tues., Mar 17, St Patrick's Day!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 am

Good morning and Happy St. Paddy's Day to us all!

I'll be stylin' in all my green finery today - mostly to impress the dog and cat I guess. We were going to our friends for dinner, but that's cancelled. But Bill and Scottie and Foxy and I will make our own party here. :D

Yesterday we got our trailer all cleaned. This afternoon Bill is going to wash the outside and then it will be all folded up ready for our next excursion - whenever that may happen! Today, we'll pick up some dog and cat food that's on sale. The store will bring it out to the car - they cancelled the in-store part of their sale so now we order on line and go pick up. Ditto our animal hospital. They sent out e-mails saying to stay in the car and they will come out to get pets. Luckily, we have no need vet appts right now. All hair, nail salons are closed, restaurants, gyms, clubs. It's getting interesting . . . As of 5pm yesterday we had 904 cases of virus in Western WA. and one case in Eastern WA.

IRISH - this is YOUR day! I know you'll be getting all greened up for the occasion! And how exciting - moving day is just around the corner! And yes, by all means, hire some muscled studs to do the grunt work. Fun for everybody! ;)

JANA - and the stories just keep on coming! Aaron couldn't make this stuff up! lol! We have some new neighbors across the road who are gradually building a raised garden. They are using stock troughs of various sizes and shapes. And in the newest Taste of Home magazine they show an herb garden in various sized aluminum cans. They, of course, painted all the cans up pretty and put them in a cute cart. I love having my own fresh herbs, but since we roofed our deck, nothing grows out there anymore.

BECCA - sorry to hear you have a case of virus in your town. I know no one could be more on top of things by way of prevention than you! Your special day is coming up!

LORI - I was able to visit El's store once, several years ago but she wasn't there at the time. Then we went up into the mountains and camped in a county park in Julian, not far from El's log home. So pretty there - wild turkeys roamed the campground. We were in Julian in 2002 working in a firecamp doing laundry for the firefighters of the "Pine Fire" and we were revisiting "old times".

CHICKIE - glad to hear you got your truck unstuck! And that you have twin calfies!!

TINA - Three weeks vacation for you! Whoo Hoo!!

We have leftover pot roast, potatoes, and carrots so Bill can decide if he wants a warm-up tonite or if he's ready to have it turned into hash. I'm good either way. I'll add a side salad because we have greens we have to eat up.

What will you be eating up tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB- Tues., Mar 17, St Patrick's Day!!

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 am

Good morning! Happy St Patty's day to you all!!!!💚🍀
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday, well I did but not till bedtime and then I remembered I needed to throw fabric in the dryer so I read and went and put the fabric in the dryer and cleaned the kitchen and got ready for bed. I spent some time outside yesterday watering the trees and lilac bushes in the front yard. We had a perfect Spring day 75° no wind and blue skies for as far as you could see! I think today will be a repeat but temp is going to be 70.
Mary, I think all grocery stores should go to pick up only for awhile, they could control the hoarding that way for sure! We saw a video on Facebook yesterday from our Walmart, they got a huge pallet thing in off TP and were taking it through the double doors into the store and the stocker got mobbed and people were taking cases of it! 2 days ago a stocker got hurt from people grabbing things he had to stock.
Irish, yes for sure hire muscle to move, double win win 😉
Jana, your stories of Aaron are so good, 😂🤣 I bet he goes home with a smile on his face and can't help but chuckle.
Chickie, yay baby cow twins! So cute!
Becca, stay home away from everyone for sure. I keep hoping we don't get anyone here in town or Cruces with it.
Lori, how fun to get to go see El in action.
Today I'll be watering in the back yard, doing a couple loads of laundry because I didn't get to them yesterday, working on my lotto blocks... hoping to get them finished up today and just doing a little keep up of the house.
Supper tonight will be tacos I think.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 am

Good morning!

We did our corned beef dinner the other day, do tonight will be a chicken something.

Oh yes, my Aaron has lots of chuckles and smiles. He wonders how so many stupid people last out there. Common sense is missing off the shelves too, as well as everything else!

I did order online, milk and eggs from my local grocery store. No openings to pick up until Saturday morning.

Mary - Sarah found her kitties food at our IFA farm store the other day. She was happy to find it.

Tina - how wonderful to be that warm! And three weeks off. Bet it will be like here, the kids are always coming over.

Irish - sit back and be the queen bee in charge, just watch all the busy bees do all the work.

Becca - hope that is the only case in your area - stay safe!

Chickie - missed it, twin calves?

Lori - hope that puppy is doing better with his seizures - my Aunt's poodle seizures settled down with time.

Time to scoot, feed Michael and then go play,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 am

Hello everyone rainy & fog here I checked weather app & it shows rain for us every day in March

Maryz Denise called yesterday She doesn’t want us to leave the house for anything I told her I must get my shot or start over & you sure don’t want that I will go to Beths to get my bread
Yes I know your Big day is coming up too
Jana At least Aaron’s job keeps him entertained Glad he can laugh it off
Tina Glad you were able to get out That always makes me feel better
Irish That’s great to have strong men Hope it all goes smooth for you Sure you will enjoy your new Home
Chickie I’m sure your babies are so cute You will be spoiling them
Lori Do hope the seizures stop That’s scary
I got everything cleaned again & sanitized
If Denise & Mark & Marty & his girlfriend come they can bring anything we need
But we could live a long time on what I have here freezer is full of meat& fruits
I have chicken tenders thawing I will sautée it & cook rice Have a Happy St Paddy’s day to all. Becca

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:01 am

Hello everyone rainy & fog here I checked weather app & it shows rain for us every day in March

Maryz Denise called yesterday She doesn’t want us to leave the house for anything I told her I must get my shot or start over & you sure don’t want that I will go to Beths to get my bread
Yes I know your Big day is coming up too
Jana At least Aaron’s job keeps him entertained Glad he can laugh it off
Tina Glad you were able to get out That always makes me feel better
Irish That’s great to have strong men Hope it all goes smooth for you Sure you will enjoy your new Home
Chickie I’m sure your babies are so cute You will be spoiling them
Lori Do hope the seizures stop That’s scary
I got everything cleaned again & sanitized
If Denise & Mark & Marty & his girlfriend come they can bring anything we need
But we could live a long time on what I have here freezer is full of meat& fruits
I have chicken tenders thawing I will sautée it & cook rice Have a Happy St Paddy’s day to all. Becca
Sorry this posted twice

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:02 am

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

We has been rainy here for the past several days but today seems clear. I hope to get out for a walk. I need to go to grocery store for carrots and celery. I want to make soup. The funny thing is I put carrots and green peppers into the shopping cart on Sunday but I don’t have them and didn’t get charged for them. I wonder where they went? Lol

Tonight we may have soup, but I think it very well may be turkey pot pies.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 am

Jack is doing well. He hasn't had another one since last week. Thanks for thinking about by cute Jack Bug. He is a precious one. It's beautiful this morning. It rained last night and is clear and cool. The mountains are covered in white. I will be heading the the post office in a bit to mail off my chickies to Maryz.

Tina, I get side tracked all the time too. I'll come on here and read the posts, then get distracted and forget to post myself.

Mary, I'm only 54 percent Irish, so only half of me celebrates today. lol Your state has been hit hard with the virus. We've been shutting down since last week. Not much open here. I get my pet supplies shipped from Chewy, so that one thing I don't have to worry about. However, they did send me a notice that they are delayed in a shipment because of a large amount of orders. We have a backup supply, so our furry ones won't starve. Even though you would think we never feed Miss Molly by the way she acts about food.

Dinner tonight will be chicken something. Maybe tacos.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”