Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB. Sat March 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB. Sat March 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 am

Good morning

I have cell service this morning! We have had a very nice trip so far. We left our friends and moved Campground‘s on Thursday and sat in our trailer all day Friday while it rained. The afternoon cleared enough for a walk of a couple miles. Tomorrow we are moving again to another Campground for 1 night so we can visit Bill’s sister and see her new house. Home on Monday morning.

I finished sewing what I could on UGRR swap blocks and I made three blocks for March lotto. Good thing at the last minute I threw in a bag of triangles and white strips that I found in my sewing room. It’s enough to make a summer porch quilt so that’s what I’ve been working on while stuck in trailer during bad weather

We have gotten some news along the way. We see Washington has more than 500 cases of coronavirus. Most of them are within 50 miles of our house. When we go home, we will kind of hunker down and wait it out. We do have a few appointments we have to go to but otherwise, our pantry should carry us through as long as necessary. All schools and libraries are closed and all church services cancelled.

I see Irish is almost half moved, Chickie is working hard on baby things, Becca is gearing up for a happy birthday, Tina is working in the yard, Jana is on Skinnies again, And Lori is, as always, loving her fur babies. I also see that several of you have been enjoying the “fruita de mara” and worse! 🤮. Better you than me! But come Tuesday morning will be back in the saddle and you can just tuck your little fishies back in the freezer then.

Looks to be a dryer day here so we will be getting out and doing some walking, bundled to our noses. But first, we’re Going to drive into the little towns of Grayland and Westport this morning. Shops will still be closed for the season but it’s always fun to just drive around and see what’s new. We walk out on the piers, look at the fishing boats, stroll around.

Supper tonight will be leftover lasagna. It’s too cold to sit outside so in the evenings we have been inside, binge watching big bang theory videos. We miss that show.

See you Tuesday morning!!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB. Sat March 14

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 am

Good morning!

Mary - glad to see you! Since we need to stay away from people, what better scenery to see than to be camping! Trees are not contagious, unless you have hay fever!

We are still fine here. Praying our Becky doesn't get the virus from a patient where she works. Sandee, her sister is doorbell ditching food she can eat. Becky, like Sandee is gluten intolerant.

Kate went to the grocery store, as they needed a loaf of bread. The shelf was empty and Kate called Aaron and asked what to do? She was worried. Aaron told her, no problem, I know how to make bread. Made me smile and be very grateful I taught my children to do so many things. And take a few worries from me. Aaron got both my mom's white bread and my MIL's whole wheat bread recipes. He also has my old KitchenAid mixer.

I probably will be shoveling dirt for the next few days. Sarah is having a ton, no pun, delivered for her raised garden boxes. We have given up on growing in Herriman ground dirt. We have tried many ways to enrich the soil, but no success. So we are going to the raised box method. Many, many years ago, my FIL studied this method, so we learned and have great success in the past. I wil drag my chair over, load the cart and they will drag it around to the back yard. Our tractor is too big to fit between her house and fence, so the slower way will be used.

Saw a new soup recipe for a meatball tortellini soup. I have everything needed here in the pantry, so that will be dinner tonight. See, I am behaving - NOT! Still love my "cat food". LOL

Schools are on what they are calling, soft close, for the next two weeks. They will still supply lunches, food for students who need it. And give kids a place to be, if their parents work. Otherwise, all school work will be online. Sarah has set up a place in her office for Ethan to work. Crenda will handle the reading skills for all the grands, and Sarah will do the math skills. Matt is fluent in Spanish, so he will keep the kids up on that. His kids are in a spanish immersion school program. They do half their day in the english language and the other half in spanish. Sandee is here to help as well. We will work to keep them up to speed during this interruption. Ethan just got his last grades this week and he is al A's.

Well, kitchen needs straightening and a wipe down. Then I can head down to sew. I have the April wall hanging done, ready to quilt. I have a favorite piece to start the May wall hanging. And then, there are always my Skinnies!

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:00 am

Hi everyone!
Mary, glad you have internet service again. That was a good thing to grab those Summer's Porch pre cut pieces.
Jana, my kids are like yours, they know how to make breads and lots from littles and ingredients they have on hand. Who would've thought that would become a thing if the past, glad we taught our kids. Sounds like yours have the at home classes covered.
Here they are just giving them a break, nothing online or anything. It would be so easy for them to do online to keep them going..... maybe not everyone has internet here though so that might be why I guess.
We only have 1 Walmart, 1 Dollar General, 1 Family Dollar, 1 Dollar Tree and our locally owned grocery store. I think there's at least 24k in our county, there's not enough food here, people aren't getting supplies because I'd some taking more than they need. It's pretty sad. I have extras that I'll be sharing with Dad and Holly and the kids if any of them need stuff. But like Kevin said yesterday, I've always had a few weeks of groceries in the cabinet. He keeps some extras too and is glad I taught him to.
Supper tonight is forbidden food, Dads eating over.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:29 am

Hello everyone cloudy here but I got to walk tomorrow it’s supposed to rain I was hoping for clearing so kids can be out They love going out
It’s getting crazy here too Some people panic buy & clean out shelves
We have enough for a long time only milk & you can do with out that
Jana It is good to teach kids how to do everything I know mine can all cook & clean
Tina the Schools here aren’t having online that I know of
So far it’s for 2 wk closure

Maryz Good to hear you are cozy & getting your sewing in even if you are camping Great to have activity for a rainy day

I got all
My goodies for kids ready & house clean
Denise DSIL & Marty & girl friend will be here next weekend
They are bringing food so C.A. won’t have to go out
I made a pot of potato kale soup yesterday
It was quite tasty C.A. liked it He’s not a soup fan like me
Happy eating Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”