Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Thursday, March 12, 2020

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
FarmChick

Supper Club - Thursday, March 12, 2020

Post by FarmChick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:57 am

Good overcast morning! We should have sun about the time for Ava walking and near 70 degrees today. Yesterday I worked on bibs and have 4 finished that just need snaps. I’ll work on burp cloths today. I also started the crocheted baby afghan for #3. It’s my same stitch—the only one I know. The first was all white, second white with stripes of a variegated blue-green-white, and this one is stripes in three solids—white, yellow and gray.

Yesterday afternoon, DH called me that he needed help. Of course, before he got out what he needed I was seeing chain saw blood and gore. Turns out he had been tossing brush, and some got caught in his glasses frames and threw his glasses somewhere. He was afraid to move as a couple of months he rolled over them when he dropped them in his shop. So, Mrs. MaGoo to the rescue… I put on my boots and walked out to where he was working. After a few minutes, I spotted and retrieved them. While I was out, the hooligans and I walked around the pastures for awhile to see if we had any new calves. We didn’t spot any. There are 5 new ones so far.

Jana—sometimes you just have to walk away and come back later… much later in some cases… to a project. So sorry about the music cancellations, but better safe than sorry. When all this is over, she will have a much more receptive response!

Becca—glad you got your walk in! I walked yesterday in my big black rubber boots after the rain.

Lori—how was quilting class? Are you teaching?

Tina—I really need to get some yard work done, but it will have to wait until my sewing is caught up. Kansas has some cases of CV, but I don’t know how many. I love your BOM!!!

Dinner tonight… I think there is enough for pizza for DH and the last piece of liver for me. There will be salad. No one starves here.

Bon appétit!

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - Thursday, March 12, 2020

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:56 am

Good morning!
Chickie, glad it wasn't anything with blood or gore. Sounds like a nice walk. I haven't put snaps on since I was in high school.... maybe Jr High, wonder if I still know how?
Tonight is Dad's night to eat so I'm thinking something with chicken, just need to figure it out.
We're supposed to have rain this afternoon, it says it will last all night. We're very overcast so it's a possibility.
I need to get some groceries for us and Dad, I'll probably just use the app.
I'm trying to figure out fabrics for the March lotto blocks.
Preston wants to go outside so we'll do that in a little bit unless it starts raining early.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

Hello everyone light rain here I got my groceries and med run before the rain started Yippee

Chickie So glad Johnny to the rescue was successful I have lots of that Will not get my walk in today Have lots of uglies waiting

Tina Good you are getting out in yard Too wet here & now that it’s warmer we have rain I love being outside

Jana I think it was wise to cancel concerts Best to avoid big crowds

Lori Hope you enjoyed your class

DS Alex called last night There will be 11 on Sunday but he didn’t want me to cook im still
Making treats for kids & guess we go out which I’m very hesitant because of C.A. We are being so careful & he stays home unless it’s Dr or Lab I just sanitized all the doorknobs keys & handles on commodes & we are very careful to always wash our hands We had a neighbor come yesterday so I did it all after he left
Better safe than sorry
I have lots of uglies staring me in the face
I have pintos leftovers Will add a potato I have kale Enjoy your dinner Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 am

Good morning!

Such a beautiful sunny day outside. A tad cold, but bright and beautiful.

Hiding in the Batt Cave working on projects. I have a great stash and lots of UFO's to keep me busy.

Dinner - fish sticks and a salad will be dinner here.

Awaiting the govenor to make announcements on the virus. There is a good chance he will close the schools. We will do home schooling for Ethan if that happens.

Oh, Sarah just called, must go,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:59 am

Chickie, tragedy averted. Good thing you were there to help out. Glasses are quite expensive.

Tina, I'm going to pull my fabrics for the March lotto today too.

Becca, I pretty much clean that way all the time.

Jana, what a shame about Sarah concert. I hope once all the hysteria calms down she can put it on. I bet

I like my little house project, however, the pattern was a disaster and the teacher not a big help. Not everyone writes a great pattern like Eleanor. As were making it she was finding corrections on cutting and assembly. I had precut everything and had to improvise. I will make it again, because it's really cute and could be done in so many different fabric themes.

Well I think dinner is going to be Orange Chicken with rice.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy, sunny day here in SW. Pa...We are to get into the 60s today and it's absolutely wonderful....I just have that thought in the back of my head that come Tuesday and St. Paddy's Day, we'll get snow...Of course that's the day, Kathy is flying in which means another trip to the airport..By now, you'd think Ruby could just go by herself.....
And speaking of St. Paddy's Day, the parade in Pittsburgh has been cancelled and most of the bars and pubs are going to start having limited hours and people....A lot of our colleges in the area have cancelled classes and now, we're waiting to see about the schools in the area....

Was thinking about Mary and hoping she's enjoying her trip...I'm not familiar with the area but have seen snow in the PNW....I keep thinking, it's no wonder we do have strange sicknesses, with the crazy weather we've had....

I'm still packing and hoping to see the end of that tunnel soon....The new house is really taking shape...Curtains going up and stuff in the kitchen cabinets...Most of the appliances are in place, just need the big stuff...Do need to get a new dryer, the house is all electric and I now have a gas one.....The kids are really teasing me about learning to cook on electric and I usually come back with, "Who said I was going to cook?".....

But, this whole adventure has been interesting, in a fun way... Just looking out the window, the biggest, fattest ground hog just poked his head out of the bushes....This is one of the sights I'm going to miss...
Yesterday, my sister called, was very excited and told me her big news...She had just sold a rental...She's been wanting to get rid of it and someone made a cash offer and her closing is next week...She then told me to get settled in the new house because we're going to travel....She even has a cat sitter lined up for my Baby Girl.....
As for my dinner, it might be what ever falls from the freezer or I just might take a trip to the new house and Ruby might find something along the way.....

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating..............

Eagle Update: So far, all eggs are being incubated and looking good...In the Ft. Myers nest, another week or so and we'll be on PIP watch...Up there, it's going to be a little longer.....The eagles throughout the country have really made a come back....The nests are flourishing with little bobble heads with clown feet......

Return to “Chit Chat”