Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:12 am

Good morning,

My eyeballs sprang open at 3:00 this morning and that was it. They wouldn't spring back closed again. So now dog, cat,and I are all up. Some of us are barking at the dark, some of us are sitting and staring at our empty food dish, and some of us are chatting y'all up. Yesterday turned into a hodge podge of activities - cleaned the fridge, did 1 load of laundry, packed clothes, sewed just a little, cleaned a bit, cooked a bit, and worked in the yard. It was nice out and Bill was mowing so I went out, too. As long as he had the tractor out we moved some big rocks and one thing led to another and before I knew it I had rakes, clippers, and blower out and was going to town. For about an hour. Vicki came out and stood, rocking back and forth, glaring at us, dressed in her bathrobe. But she stayed home. We knocked off early for the day - about 2pm - with a cold drink out on the deck, under the patio warmer. Spring is definitely on the way here!

Today is only going to 48*, 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. So probably won't work in the yard. I might make a lasagna and freeze it for camping. I might sew. I have my last orphan blocks laid out on the living room floor. And I do have a massage appt at 11:00 so it's going to be a good day!

JANA - Love your cabinet! It was worth the wait, for sure! And love your new dining table. And your view is a daily treat for you, I"m sure!

CHICKIE - Your Marine is going where our Marine went for boot camp. Roy, Lara, and I flew down to his graduation. He was only 18 then. He's 51 now and his two boys are far older than he was then! Time does fly. Anyway, the graduation ceremonies are something to behold and families are invited . . . . . Something to think about.

BECCA - I've never had a front loader but heard a lot of complaints about them from friends and family who have HAD them. Past tense. I'm still loving my 27 yr old top-loading Maytags. Hope they go on forever.

TINA - You're the first person I've heard who likes their front-loader. And then right after you, Jana! lol! Did you make your enchiladas for supper last night?

IRiSH - I would love to go through your cross-stitch stuff - though if it's taking up valuable real estate at your new place, feel free to donate it some place. It's not like I don't have my own stash of stuff! lol!

I was going to make tacos yesterday and had the burger half thawed when Bill said he wanted to eat the last of the leftover soup. So he had that and I had a big salad. Tonite will be the tacos.

What's going on your plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 5th

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:12 am

Hello everyone cloudy here
We were in mid 50s yesterday

Maryz I have never liked the washer C.A. wanted it because it was a water saver which many washers are now I had my 23 year old before this one They aren’t made like that now
Enjoy your massage

Jana Your cabinet is beautiful Looks like ones we used to sale

Irish Glad you are making lots of progress Moving is not an easy job but you have lots of help

I gotHadlees report this morning Her lungs needs to get stronger which is normal in preemies Her Heart is good & for now they will just keep a watch on cyst So a good report

I got lots done yesterday May not be as productive today I have another busy day tomorrow It’s pick up bread day &I have other stops to make Imgetting rosemary sourdough this week DGD said that is her favorite So far mine is the walnut cranberry
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
I’m making chicken tenders & green beans
Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:00 am

Good morning! Mary, there is only one 3:00 on my watch, and it’s definitely not when it’s dark outside!!! My eyeballs are burning just thinking of getting up at that hour—unless, of course, I had a plane to catch!

DGS’s parents are going for graduation, and I may get to go as well. We will see…

Yesterday the hooligans and I walked Ava. In this case, it’s really Ava walking me and dragging me along on her leash as she runs everywhere! We walked all over the big hay meadow, the small hay meadow and around the yard. Before I knew what was happening, she was dragging me through a soggy, muddy area. I had to apologize to her mom, and Ava had a bath last night! When we walk today, I guess we will stick with the road and try to stay cleaner. She sure had a fun time chasing the hooligans, stopping to sniff all the tufts of grass, and generally loving warmer weather. We were overcast all day, and it wasn’t as warm as the day before, but it was still wonderful outside! We should make it to 60 today, and for now the sun is shining!

I finished my two Hazel Hedgehogs last evening, but not without a lot of unsewing and resewing. It was all due to operator error and lack of following directions—doesn’t that sound just like me!!! Today will be thistles.

Becca—so glad Hadlee got a good report. There is so much involved with preemies. Those twins are certainly miracle babies! Oh, your bread always sounds so delicious!!! One of these days I need to try to make some sourdough starter and bake when it gets ripe. I miss my old Maytags! No washers are made like they used to be. Mine are now the water savers, and I don’t think they clean nearly as well—especially grimy work clothes!

Mary—DH tried to suck me into some yard work yesterday, and I did work out there for about an hour clearing dead grass and letting the daffodils air out. They are beginning to bud on the sun-exposed sites. Ah, Spring!!! Hope you get a nap today after rising so early! Enjoy your massage!

Dinner tonight will be something leftover—yay for me! No cooking!!! Meanwhile… Fancy Forest sewing and walking Ava with the Hooligans…

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 am

Well the boys have been walked. I just need to do a little vacuum and get cleaned up for the day.

Maryz, empty bowls are just not acceptable. lol I'm assuming that's a cat bowl. My cats think I should spend my day feeding them at their demand. They are older and more needy than ever.

Chickie, have fun working on the forest. I like Elizabeth Hartman patterns. Lots of pieces, but easy to follow.

Becca, Cranberry Walnut bread is my favorite too. Toasted with butter on it. Yummy.

I think I'm going to make BBQ chicken with some potato side dish. Spaghetti last night was fabulous. I still have some garlic butter and fresh bread left over, so maybe that too. I guess I should add a veggie as well.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:52 am

Good afternoon!

We have class tonight, but we also have soup leftover, so will cime home after class tonight and not go out. It won't be long until it is light late and warm to stay out.

Ethan is out early today from school for the teacher's to turn in grades and Ethan has no school tomorrow. So he will be here shortly.

Working on the last bit of quilting on my December monthly wall hanging. Either I am late, or early for this year! LOL! Still need a sky colored piece of fabric for March, so may punt that one and start April's. I have a ton of cute Easter fabric that is needed for that one. I also have a very pretty piece for May's wall hanging which is flowers. The last one is June's and not at all a pattern I like, rather ugly. So I may just design a summer one myself, using pieces parts from some of my summer Skinnies. Then I am done. So what has Sarah got me into? Another smaller wall hanging that has changeable panels. She started one a few years ago. I have the books with the patterns and now the copier/scanner to enlarge the patterns from the book. So I guess that is next.

Well, termite is here, wanting a after school snack,

Enjoy,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”