Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 4

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:18 am

Good morning!

This week is going fast! Yesterday I packed our trailer freezer and then finished cutting out my UGGR blocks and some March lotto blocks to take for camp sewing. Our weather at the beach will be 50-ish, with intermittant showers/sun/breezy. So we'll have lots of sandy walks on the beach but lots of time spent in the trailer, too, for sewing. Today I need to clean my sewing room. What a mess! Cutting lots of different fabrics for two different projects creates mounds of chaos. I love it! Not sure what I'm going to do today. . . Clean the sewing room for one, I think, and then the house fridge. After that - I'll surprise myself!

JANA - my heart hurts for Ethan. Poor guy! I think he needed to wield that sledge hammer! My nephew and some good friends both lost their dogs this week. But Ethan got double dosed! Good for Michael strapping your cabinet. We strap all our top-heavy furniture pieces to the walls (finding studs first!). Like us, you lived in earthquake country for many years. Nice that you got your delivery guys to position your cabinet. When we were doing our floors last summer, we did a lot of tipping for extra help moving some of the heavy stuff back in! It's no big deal to those young guys, but we were very grateful.

CHICKIE - congratulations on your new Marine! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance for your official good-bye hug which hurt your heart, I"m sure. But he should be home again on leave in about 12 weeks after boot camp. He will owe you double the hugs then! And you can write him. The recruits LOVE mail! And when you write, please tell him how grateful your friend, Mary, is for what he is doing for us all! HOO-RAH!

BECCA - you ALWAYS get lots done! I would be worn out if I worked as hard as you do! I want to know what kind of vitamins you take - and then be sure to not take them!! I don't want to work that hard! lol!

LORI - I loved your shamrock tablerunner! I may have to try to copy that. Sometimes when I make a seasonal table topper or wall hanging I back it with a "neighboring" season so I can just flip it to redecorate. If we have a late lunch we don't eat supper either. Cheese and crackers or apple slices around 6pm if we get hungry . . .

TINA - sorry your day went downhill. Sometimes it happens. But it makes the good days that much brighter by comparison! . . . Or is that too much Pollyanna for you? lol!

IRISH - I'm sure you're busy packing! Is Kathy still on tap to come back on March 17 to help with the move? Your Baby Girl is going to really "smell a rat", as my dad would say.

Tonite's supper here will be tacos. When I told Bill he cheered! lol!

What's going to make your tummy cheer tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 4

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:19 am

Hello everyone cloudy here but no rain Yippee
Yesterday it cleared in afternoon and sun came out I hit the trail to walk

Maryz I don’t take vitamins I used to years ago for a while I have always been blessed with lots of energy CA said I needed to take something to slow me down Lol Lol
I thought I did have a productive day Makes me feel good I just finished cleaning the washer Don’t ever give me another front loader I hate them C.A. wanted it but never again

Chickie I felt for you when I read about DGS I know how that hurts Prayers for his safety & thank him for me It’s a great sacrifice they make
I would love your Audubon meeting
I love birds

Jana Poor Ethan I feel for him That’s a bit much at one time Give him a hug for me Sure that cabinet is a beauty
I have my Great Grandmother’s quilt & the back has disengrated due to brown dye used I haven’t restored it either It’s beautiful work

Tina I’m sorry about your bad day Hope today is super for you

I must get moving for uglies
I’m doing hamburgers Cabbage steaks Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 am

Good morning!
Mary, my sewing room needs straightened up again too, what happens in there! LOL
We love tacos here too!
Becca, you don't like your front loader?! We love ours! I had my first one for 9 years and a lightening storm messed its computer up, so we bought our second one, love them both!
Chickie, sorry you didn't get a hug, send him some cookies as a hug for now ❤ thank him for me too.
Jana, have you taken pics of your cabinet yet..... we need pics 🥰
Yesterday I had the flip side of Mary's weather, we were beautiful in the morning then had showers and big drops in temperature in the afternoon.
I think I'm making enchiladas for supper, I haven't made them for awhile.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:11 am

Good morning!

Beautiful day here. Sunny bright and warming up. Michael went off to his appointment and I am here. Getting a few uglies caught up and then down to sew.

Mary - we do have earthquakes here. In fact last year, we had a small swarm, right near my house. They were centered in Bluffdale, about 2 miles away. We even have a earthquake policy on our house. So do the kids. Those policies are cheap here, not like what we paid in California.

Becca - I love my front loader. I use those Tide Washing Machine packets to clean it and leave the door open so the machine has a chance to dry. Only problem I have had was operator error- me - washed a rubber backed rug and plugged the drain system.

Dinner - there was soup leftover from last night and Michael claimed it. The soup was well loved at the dinner and I was asked for the recipe several times. So we will eat that. I even put some in containers and froze it. I made a big batch!

When Sarah was over yesterday, I even got the seal of approval from her on my cabinet. She said it matched the table perfectly. Sometimes I do good!

Well, need to get goung on something,

Enjoy,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:48 am

Here are two views of my new cabinet - sorry they are on the dark side - Iwas trying to take the picture with the sun shining in the windows. One overlooks my dining table - it has a dark top and antique white legs, they match the cabinet.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:54 am

Good afternoon from a very sunny, fairly warm, SW. Pa....It is supposed to rain, maybe a few snow flakes on Friday but other than that, super nice.....

Mary, I knew you were going away but it kind of snuck up....Boy, there's something special about walking on those sandy beaches.....And I'm sure, if it rains, you'll enjoy just sitting inside and sewing....In my packing, I've decided, when you and Mr. Bill come this way this fall, you need to go through my fabric and cross stitch stuff and lighten my load.....I thought I had gotten the sewing/bedroom cleaned out only to find those under the bed bins, full of fabric...I have a feeling, my shed at the new house will be filling up quickly....If I know exactly where I'm putting stuff, it goes in the house, others goes in the shed...
I have a feeling Baby Girl is already "smelling that rat"...She has to inspect ever box and when I pulled out the luggage, she crawled under the bed....And Kathy will be back on the 17th, not sure if Tim will be able to get away....This week, they're in Hawaii.....

Chickie, Congrats on that new Marine, that's wonderful and I know how you're feeling...But, that 1st time they come home and/or you see them in that uniform, just makes your heart melt...Please thank him for me and the cookie suggestion sounds really good....

Becca, I agree with Mary and you being a human whirlwind.....I also agree about the vitamins...I take D and thought I'd try a multi but after a couple of days, my stomach was really giving me fits and that had to have been it...Stopped taking them and it's been fine......Thank goodness that storm didn't come to visit...So sad, just unbelievable.....

Jana, looking forward to seeing the picture of your new quilt chest....Feel bad for Ethan and sure hope one of the new ones, becomes his best friend...One of my DGDs had exotic chickens when she was little and a couple of them would perch on her shoulders...She'd be walking through the yard with these funny looking chickens sitting up there.....I think it's so sad when any youngsters looses a pet......

Well, my break is over and there are lots of boxes that still need to be filled...Spending the day at the old house and then tomorrow, they will be doing the inspection and I'm going to bingo with my sister and then over to the house..
From what we've heard, the new owner is a single gal and much to my neighbor's dismay, no kids...She was hoping for a couple to play with her girls...

As for dinner, it might be a poached egg and toast...I've taken most of my pots and pans to the new house, along with almost all the dishes...In a way, I'm almost camping but inside.....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating............. :)

Oh my, Jana! It's absolutely gorgeous, I love it!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:55 am

Good morning! We are overcast here. I think it is still supposed to be somewhat warm. Yesterday the sun called to me, and after I started cutting Hazel Hedgehog, I surrendered and rode to the back of the farm with DH, then walked home. It was a great walk, coming back through the woods and then the pastures. As I was coming through the pastures, I came across cow #18 and noticed she was casting a very dark, big shadow. Her shadow was a new calf—brand new, as she was still cleaning it.

My Marine made it to San Diego. He called his mom a little after midnight. She said it was a “scripted” call, and it didn’t say much. It was his first time to fly. Of course I miss not getting to see him off, but I know he will do well. He’s 21, and it’s time to release the apron strings. Of course, I’ll send him notes when we get an address next week.

Mary—your camping trip sounds much like a sewing retreat! I could go for that! Love the idea of the long walks on sandy beaches—it’s been too long for me since I got to do that! Well, West Coast beaches—we did beaches on the Gulf side of Florida a few years ago. Still, the Pacific calls—literally pulls me.

Jana—so sorry about the dog, too! We had a coyote chase Odie right up on the front porch not long after we first got him. That was scary! Thankfully Odie got away, and we haven’t had any more coyotes on the porch! They do come near the house, as I see their prints and scat in the lane. Did you get that cabinet all filled with your beautiful quilts? P.S. Your cabinet is beautiful!!! Love your view, too! WOW!!!

Becca—Hope you get a break! It does make you feel good to accomplish so much! I have a top load washer with no agitator. I’m really not crazy about it. My DD has a front load. We had a good meeting last night—birds of Alaska and the glaciers there. Mom was instrumental in starting this Audubon chapter. I love cabbage—all ways! I need your energy! I got the sluggard gene.

Lori-I love your runner, too! The colors are beautiful, and your work is always so nice.

Tina—hope you have a super day today! I’m pretty sure he can’t have cookies in boot camp. When he gets into his school, you bet I’ll be sending him lots of cookies for him and to share.

As usual, I got distracted, and it’s now afternoon. DH came home for brunch, then I went into my sewing room and screwed up one of the Hazel Hedgehogs. I had already cut off the HSTs, and I carefully picked out my seam and cut some more pieces. Then the hooligans and I went to walk Ava. We had such a good time. We walked all over the hay meadows, then after we took Ava back, we walked the pasture. #18 and her calf looked good!

Irish—love your packing and moving stories! I’m sure Baby Girl is going to love her new home! I’ve moved several cats several times, and they took to their new homes and outdoors like they had always been there. Don’t forget, if you run out of food that Ruby always knows the way to provisions!

Thank you all for your encouraging comments about my Marine. I’ll miss his mop of hair when I see his pic, but I already know he is going to fit that uniform beautifully!

Dinner tonight… Chinese. We stopped and got take out last night before the meeting. And, we had our picnic in the arboretum. We have lots of dinner left for several meals. DH had buffet to go, and I ordered from the menu. Mine came in a LARGE container that was full!

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Jana, love the new cabinet.

I'd stay and chat, but I need to get dinner started. I'm making Spaghetti and meatballs with herbs from my garden. And of course garlic bread.

Have a lovely evening
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”