Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:42 am

Good morning!

Well, I see I was posting before coffee again yesterday and this morning I found Supper Club over in the Sew-in. So who was in charge of keeping their eye on me yesterday?? :? You fell down on your job!

I finally got back to my sewing room this weekend and finished my orphan Christmas quilt top. I may have enough parts and pieces left for one more top. I'll lay them all out this morning to see. I still have a lot of strips, too, so I can augment to bring it up to size. Size for these quilt tops is running roughly about 70" x 55". They will be donated to police or to the local nursing home when they are finished. My plan is to piece the backs from leftover backings, too. And that should empty out a whole shelf in my fabric closet. :D

I also plan to get out in the trailer, turn on the fridge, and then take inventory of what's out there, food-wise. We keep some non-perishables in the trailer all the time - it's our 'emergency kit'. Plus, I took a big bag of things out a few weeks ago for the camping trip that ended up getting cancelled last month. But of course, I've forgotten what all is there, so lists must be made. Then plans for what else to pack, and what to make to take with - i.e., chili, casserole, lasagna, etc. Will be a fun week!

TINA - yes, I missed that left turn at Albuquerque yesterday! lol! Believe it or not, I double check for that kind of thing, too. But I guess not on Sundays. lol! Glad you got so much done in your sewing room and your yard yesterday. I'm familiar with some of NM winds. They can be brutal! Glad your machine started to behave. Sometimes they just need a time out.

JANA - you will have some special things in that cabinet! Roy's mother was born without hip sockets. She struggled her whole life yet did the things most folks do only, as they say, "backward and in heels". It's amazing to see what people can do when confronted with adversity. And I say Yay for Chicken alfredo!! Though, egg salad is my favorite sandwich . . . What to choose, what to choose . . .?

Our supper tonite might be more of that soup. With milk and sour cream, we are getting it down. Slowly. If not, something will fall out of the freezer, hopefully not on my toe. The blessings of having a freezer on the bottom - not so many bruised toes! What's YOUR plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 2nd

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:11 am

Good morning!

Very nippy here - about 21, but we will be warmer later. No more snow for a week or so.

Mary - good to make lists. I always need a list. Sarah does much pre cooking for their camping trips too. So much easier.

A few uglies and a quick run for a few fresh groceries. Not much else.

Dinner - unknown at the moment. Something will fall out of the freezer.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:22 am

Hello everyone the rain made it here but it’s more just showers

Maryz Did you turn wrong yesterday ? I think everyone understands Camping requires planning ahead Lists are important Your quilts will be so appreciated & loved I think they bring comfort

Jana Glad you are getting the cabinet this week And what great treasures it will hold

Tina Glad you were able to get yard work done That’s not an easy job I’m almost dreading Spring but Denise & Mark will help

I have some banned salad Also sautéed kale & fries for C.A.
The floors are calling to me plus Laundry to be folded Have a great day Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:26 am

Good morning!
Mary, sounds like you have all your bases covered for keeping you busy during your camping trip no matter the weather, high five!
Jana, I'm really looking forward to seeing your cabinet too.
Becca, I'm joining you in uglies day, I have a lot to do. I thought I was just having Preston today but Easton didn't sleep for some reason last night so he was too tired to go to school. Holly said she may just work a half day today and come get them.
I need to get quite a few things at Walmart, I might use the pick up order thing to save me an hour and I won't have to be around sick people. We'll see.
Supper..... hmmmm...... maybe pork chops......
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:29 am

Good afternoon from a slightly warmer but dreary, SW. Pa.....Once again, trying to catch up with all of you and not doing a very good job of it, lol.....And once again, this is going to be a quickie but had to share my news.....

I had my closing on my new house last Thursday, Friday we started showings on my old house and the 2nd person here made a full offer.....We closed the showings yesterday and last night I signed all the papers and now just waiting for the inspector....The closing is to be on April 8, baring any unforeseen problems.....Terry and I loaded both cars on Sunday and yesterday day, my sister, her daughter and my Kevin did some packing and today, I'm about to load the car and take off again....I am so excited, have never been though this before and it's strange.......Every night, I tell Jim how much I miss him and how he should be here but it's OK....I know he's the one behind it all and pushing me forward.....

And with that, I gotta get moving, (in more ways than 1)......I'm hoping, one of these days, things will get back to normal, if that's possible.......
Miss you all......

Not sure about dinner...

You all have a great rest of the day...... :D :D :D

Return to “Chit Chat”