Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Feb 29th - Leap Day!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Feb 29th - Leap Day!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was another day full of odds and ends, appts and errands, uglies and laundry. Whew! But we made it to our happy hour date! Never late for that! We were out with two couples. Can get a bit edgy because one of the other ladies had a tendency to monopolize the conversation, know more about every subject than anyone else, and interrupts everyone constantly and loudly. We still love her but we tend to not see this couple quite as often as we see everyone else in our circle. Last night was the night. :|

Today, not much on our to-do list. So I think I'll be able to get back to my sewing room after 3 days of just going in to turn on the light for Foxy, who's food dish and cat perch are in there. He likes light and company when he dines.

JANA - I don't suppose Michael any structural engineer buddies that he can just go have breakfast with and have him sign off and then proceed as he wants? Bill built our 12x16 foot deck off our dining room and it's a full story off the ground. He stores hoses, planters, and summer furniture underneath it. So if we have restrictions like you do, we apparently don't know about them or else they weren't in place when he built the deck in 1992. (He does inspect it every year and it's still strong and steady!)

CHICKIE - I hope your taxes weren't too bad and now they are DONE! I think ours are in the process. Mr. Bill is doing them and keeps getting distracted. When he sits at the computer he will spend hours on his forums, looking at websites, listening to news, researching odds and ends. He's a computer junkie. And never gets to the taxes. lol!

BECCA - Bill's mom used to make cowboy beans. I think she had several kinds of beans, a touch of vinegar in her sauce, and hamburger in them. Is that anything like yours?

I think I"m going to make some kind of chicken soup for tonite. Maybe that chicken tortilla? I believe after all the shopping we've done this week I have the ingredients for just about anything!

How about you?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Feb 29th - Leap Day!

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 am

Good morning!
Mary I say you deserve a few days in a row of uninterrupted sewing!
My nephews wife that lives in Cruces is like that, she's not even 30 and has done everything or knows about everything and everybody else doesn't know anything, it's hard to be around her for a lot of us.
Today is the baby shower, I just need to put it in a bag, forgot a card but will pick one up on the way.
I went to our LQS yesterday looking for CW fabrics but she says she couldn't give them away so she doesn't stock them anymore. But I did find a too cute baby flannel that I couldn't pass up and a baby cotton, so I didn't leave empty handed 😊😊
Tonight I'm hoping supper is eating out, we'll see.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:43 am

Good morning!

A decent hour now! I do not like phone calls in the middle of the night! But, I am getting use to them. Better me awake, than the two little girls. The call out for Aaron was a fatality. Wrong way driver on Parley's Summit. Head on into a slow moving semi. Truck driver is OK. What the media doesn't know, is that the fatality had open containers of liquor and marijuana in the vehicle. We know the whole story. Most wrong way drivers are DUI's. Aaron will be up on that call for a few more hours, as the troopers detail the accident site.

Mary - no, Michael's buddies were all EE's too. But Daniel works with several, but, there is always that big but, we need one that can put a Utah stamp on the drawings. One of Daniel's good friend's, who Daniel worked for, lives here in Cache Valley. Daniel keeps contact with this friend, who is a licensed architect, with his own firm. There are ways - Daniel will find them!

Tina - no fun not finding fabric when you want it. But beware, baby fabric is addicting! I have a whole stash of flannel for receiving blankets.

Dinner - the risotto came out very well. I will change it slightly and not as much lemon. Ethan liked it too. He is a good trooper to try new things. If he didn't like it, I had a backup plan of scrambled eggs and bacon for him. I under cooked the rice a tad, so will adjust that too. Dunner tinight is leftovers, we will see how risotto reheats.

Time to find something to get into trouble with,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:53 am

Hello everyone Sunny here &
Snow melted

Maryz My cowboy beans have no vinegar I use only1 kind of bean but you can use 2 or 3 depending on amount of meat you use
I wanted a small portion Last time Imadea bigger pot because Denise &Mark we’re here I usedBBQ sauce Honey mustard & tomato sauce & onion & peppers We like them
Thank you TINA & MARYZ & who ever made
Cindygs DHs quilt It was beautiful & perfect for a man

Tina Hope you get to eat out It’s tough being around someone that monopolizes the conversation

Jana Sure hope Aaron & Katie stay safe
Sure those little girls are fun The permit policy is only an extra way to Get fundsalot of time I realize there is a need for a safe deck There are a lot of standards here in building code you have to follow Marty builds them here & in GA
I may watch a game if one is on Too cold to walk

I have leftovers & I’ll add some kielbasa sausage. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”