Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:05 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was a lovely 57* here with sunshine! I made good use of it, too! Scottie and I went for our morning walk - about 1-1/2 mi yesterday - and then we dove right into cleaning garage, wood bin, garage fridge, raking storm blowdown from last weekend, and some sword ferns. I was bushed! Took a 1/2 soak in Epson salts and then met our 2 DGSs for dinner. What a nice evening we had with them! It was a busy day and my Fitbit registered 18,000+ steps! (that's 6 miles for me) Yay, me! Today will be chiro, few errands, some sewing, washing sheets & towels, uglies, maybe a bit more yard work(and maybe not! :) ), and Mexican Happy Hour with 2 other couples.

I've been working on my ding dang Christmas Orphan Quilt. It's coming along but these other chores have really gotten in my way.

IRISH - welcome home!! You were missed, girlfriend! Glad you got some relaxing S&S (Sand & Sunshine) before your big move. And isn't this exciting! A new home to make all your own! And you're already moving in! I expect you'll be eating a lot of canned soup in the next few weeks. But don't forget the blessings of delivery pizza! lol! Plus, more baby eagles! We watched Alaska PD the other night and the officers had to catch an injured eagle by the roadside. A first for those officers! Of course, I thought of you!

BECCA - that's a lot of eye surgery! So grateful you still have great eyes because of all you love to do! Sending love, hugs, and prayers with little Hadlee today for her dr appt!

CHICKIE - Love the visual of your walking get-up in cold wind! Do you have "overpants" is all I can think to call them - but made from windbreaker material? I have a windbreaker I keep in the trailer and it REALLY cuts the cold. Your road trip to Edna was a lot of fun, I know! I can picture the drive, and the run through town to the shop. I need to get back there again one of these years. Bill says he can cook and helps me in the kitchen sometimes. But I've never known him to actually plan and cook a meal though he says in his past life he did all the cooking. But after sampling a few of his offerings, I have reserved the title of Head Cook for Life for myself!

JANA - I hope Stu can get the transfer he wants. Does he live far from you? Hope your cabinet comes soon. I love the idea of displaying your Featherweight on top of it!

TINA - that's great that your dad can cook if he needs to. At least you know he won't starve if you can't get to him with supper! 21*! Brrrr! But in about 5 months you'll be thinking fondly of that low temp!

Well, no cooking again tonite for me! Yippee Skippee! Meeting friends at the Mexican restaurant and I will probably have a chopped Mexican salad while Bill usually has the steak tacos. We eat in the bar so we can get Happy Hour prices. We have a favorite round pub-height booth we always sit at but it's getting harder and harder to climb up into it! :lol: But it's the only one big enough to hold all of us. This is why we go so early - 3:30 - hoping to get that booth.

What's the news on YOUR supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 28th

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:50 am

Good morning!

Oh, it is not my Featherweight to be displayed. It is a full size, very heavy Singer sewing machine. Probably made around 1880. It weighs a ton! And the curio cabinet is in Utah. The tracking shows it arrived in West Valley and that company will call me to arrange delivery here to my house. They will bring it in the house, just in my entrance way. We have some nifty little sliders, you put under, on the feet and they help glide furniture easily over the floor. So we will move it to it's new home.

Pulled out some small odds and ends of projects and worked on finishing them. A bit of quilting and lots of binding. Sarah made a bunch of placemats and they migrated their way to my house for me to finish.

We have a huge hiccup in our deck/door project. We will need a structrural engineer drawing and signature to widen the deck. It is more than 48 inches from the ground level and building codes requires that engineering stamp. Michael is a electrical engineer, so his field of expertise doesn't qualify. Michael or Daniel can do the drawings, but the structrual needs to see and sign the plans. UGGH!

Dinner - well, I will try that risotto. If it fails, there is drive and get a hamburger! Oh, forgot, there is cereal 8n the house. LOL!

Mary - our garage is needing a bit of tidying up too. All the salted sand gets driven in on the tires, so needs some sweeping out to the street.

Well, time to get started with my day.

Enjoy,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning! Sunshine!!! We should make 50 today! And, we go get the next installment of bad news for the taxes this afternoon. I’m working on the Fancy Forest and completed two of the little fox blocks yesterday. They are so cute!

You had a busy day, Mary! Sounds like a great evening with your DGSs, and now happy hour out tonight! Life is good! I do have an old pair of wind pants from somewhere (probably left in a rental unit when we had athletes living in one), and I pull them on over my jeans when it’s really cold. They are windbreaker nylon lined with flannel.

When the hooligans and I went to Edna, we stopped at the cemetery on the way home. They had Mom’s slab and stone set. It’s really pretty in a rose marble or granite with a spray of violets etched between the dates. Mom loved her violets! For the lives of us, my sister and I cannot grow them like Mom did!

Tina—sorry you have sick kids today! Do be careful!

Becca—glad you have such great eyesight! I’m sure eventually I’ll need cataract surgery. Meanwhile, I have contacts, readers, trifocals… and lots of them!!!

Welcome back, Irish! Things are really moving on your home(s) front!!! I’m sure you will be happy to get settled soon! I think you should get your sister to cook for you so you don’t mess up your kitchen for house showing… just sayin’!

Jana--that's frustrating that you need a structural engineer when Michael could do it. With all the decks that have been collapsing on the news reports, I guess you can understand. In town, now rental owners cannot make their own repairs--only a licensed contractor. Of course, the city manager's husband is one of the licensed contractors--coincidence??? The regulations for the owners are really discouraging anyone owning rentals.

Dinner tonight—I have lots of the tortilla soup left. Thankfully, DH really likes it. He may get tired of it, so I might fix something in between to keep him from getting bored.

Headed for sewing room… Bon appétit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 am

Hello everyone sunny here for an hour now it’s snowing
Maryz Hadlees appt is Monday Thanks for your thoughts And glad you enjoyed DGSs
You did have a productive day Enjoy your company today

Chickie I would need all your clothes to stay warm The wind really bothers my sinuses so I try to avoid it
I’m sure all your baby items are adorable
And Avas outfit sounds cute too

Jana It all works so the pockets can get filled Ridiculous When someone else could do as well or better Good for you finishing all those projects
Sure your cabinet will be pretty filled with your work

Irish I’m excited for you with so
Much happening so fast Surebtou will have good help And hope the viewings goes good & fruitful

I have cowboy beans simmering CA has lots of goodies Marty brought He choose cherry pie today
Marty s visiting us afternoon He does after he finish’s his work Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”