Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:11 am

Good morning!

I was up at 0430. The owls were back in the front woods. Scottie just can't abide owls and has to make a very big and noisy deal of it. I don't know how Bill can sleep through it! Foxy and I had to get up finally.

Speaking of Foxy, he and I finished the third ding dang orphan quilt yesterday. I'll get out the Christmas leftovers sometime today and get started on that one. And I'll post photos at some point. This morning we're going to be making a big Costco run, plus grocery store, and the dog/cat food store. We haven't really stocked up for a long time, but just been 'maintaining'. So today our list is long. Wish I had Jana's helpers here! I'm so glad Bill loves to go to Costco.

CHICKIE - sorry about all the rain. Sounds like our January here - wettest on record with 28 days of measurable rain. I'm really enjoying having some drier weather! You will love doing Fancy Forest! It's a fun quilt.

TINA - oooh, a new baby to contemplate! If I were planning a baby now, and lived in a hot climate, I sure would plan those last months to be in cooler weather! I saw you were having deep shelf problems. I had a suggestion that I put in this morning's sew-in. I think it would be a good alternative to new, smaller shelves.

BECCA - I think I got it now. And I think you explained this to me once before. My bad memory! Sounds like a fun time for you all, as well as being productive. Hope all is well at your ophthalmology appt today. Poor little Hadlee having to go back on oxygen. Praying for good news for her.

BECKY - My dad kept me hopping his last few years. Seems like there were 2 or 3 dr appts a week, sometimes 2 a day! Plus I did his other errands, paid his bills, cleaned his house, and even did some yard work for him. And I have to say, I wish I had it all back again - at least for a few days! It's hard to get families together anymore. I haven't had my whole family of just 10 of us together for more than 15 years. :cry:

My neighbor, Lori, that I walk with every morning invited me to go to Port Orchard with her today to the thrift shops there. I'm proud to say I turned her down. I didn't tell you I also got 2 pr of pants, 2 flannel shirts, and 11 other tops the other day. All new or like new. I think I'm good for a while. lol! But I do love the "hunt".

As for supper tonite, we'll see - with a big shopping trip today it could be anything. Or it may end up just being poached eggs on toast.

If you have any other good and simple ideas, I'm open!

FarmChick

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 26

Post by FarmChick » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:52 am

Good morning! We are overcast and NOT raining! It was raining when we went to bed, but hopefully we didn’t get too much more. If it would have kept raining through the night, we would be sleet, ice or snow covered. So glad that didn’t happen! We may get out of the 30s today, and it should be dry walking Ava in a few hours. There is a stiff north wind, so I’ll bundle up!

I never made it to my sewing room yesterday. We went to town to get our taxes but hit a glitch. DH had received some more tax statements yesterday and Saturday, so “redo from start” or at least from middle! And, it already isn’t good news and getting worse for amounts owed. Maybe I should order fabric today before I get shut down. We ate a late lunch in town, and when we came home, I crocheted on the #2 baby afghan.

Mary—I love your orphan quilts! I’m going to love Fancy Forest, I’m sure… except for all the pickin’ and grinnin’ I’ll be doing when I mess up. That grinnin’ might be grimacing. WHAT!!! You turned down a thrift shop run!!! No!!! You never know what treasure you might have missed. It’s fun to go look whether you buy or not… and there might be that GEM!

Becca—best wishes for Hadlee!

Becky—like Mary, my MIL kept me hopping for the first several years we were married. I felt like a soccer mom to a 90 year-old with all her activities and doctor appointments. Until she moved in with us, I was making runs to town to take her places 6 out of 7 days a week. Usually I would stop and see Mom and spend time with her until it was time to go pick up MIL.

Tina—did you find time to finish all your baby shower projects? They will be much used and loved!

Jana—hope you are sending good weather our way! We do have a good forecast for March to come in like a lamb…

I need to make dinner, as I think all the leftovers are gone. I’m thinking maybe a pot of tortilla soup in the crock pot… open cans and dump! I also have salad makin’s, and I can have chopped avocado on mine! I might make some chocolate no-bake oatmeal cookies. I've been craving them, and anything with oatmeal in it HAS to be healthy... right! I like them with coconut, too.

Bon appétit!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 am

Good morning!
Mary, sorry the owls woke you up, we have some here too that can get kinda noisy but my dogs don't mind them thankfully.
I'll have to think about your idea for my deep shelves and of course Frankie will decide what actually gets done 😂🤣
Chickie, glad your rain stopped for a little bit. It's cold here too, still in the 30's brrrr! We're hoping for no wind at least. This Fall and Winter sure have been cold!
I still need to do the bibs. I was too tired last night after having to run to town after taking supper to Dad. When we got home I made our supper and then cleaned the kitchen and it was already after 8 so I put my feet up. This morning I've been paying bills and getting the checkbook balanced.
I'm not sure about supper yet, I get tired of cooking so many meals each day and I'm at the blah stage right now. 🤷‍♀️
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:38 am

Hello everyone sunny here but gusty winds Temp dropped while I was walking 7 degrees We are too turn cold again for 4 days

Maryz my Eyes are the best in many years I was very grateful But I thought my vision was excellent
Yes Our little Hadlee needs prayers again Marty is coming tomorrow for 2 days & I will hear the latest I just pray she doesn’t need surgery
Oh I don’t like owls either I’m like Scottie
I have been concerned about Sharona for some time Have asked several times but no response If I had a number I would call
I only have her address

Tina I’m sure you get worn out cooking Mine here is sure not like it used to be C.A. doesn’t want anything so it makes it hard
Hope you get your shelves fixed

Chickie If I had your cold temps & wind too I would not get to walk Sure what ever you make is good
Sometimes you feel you meet yourself running back & forth What a great DDIL you were

I have meatloaf in freezer Plan to add roasted potatoes That’s one thing he will eat Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:17 am

Good morning, for a few more minutes!

I've been busy with laundry, phone calls, and dishes. Most done. Dinner is leftovers, so I can sew longer. I have the perfect sky piece, that appears to be less than called for, but I will try and cut very carefully all the pieces for my March wall hanging.

Mary - love to hear all birds chirping or hooting in the night. Except one, a peacock. They scream and it sounds like a kitty being hurt. Not pleasant. But all the peacocks that were here in the neighborhood are now gone. Now for my noisy horses, that is a whole different matter!

Chickie - sending my beautiful weather east. A bit of wind, but not bad. I sm soooo not looking forward to doing our taxes. Started and Michael didn't understand what I needed, thought he knew better, so I put them away until he is ready to do it my way.

Tina - there are so many days when I am tired of cooking too. I have made bibs with using small terrycloth towels and put t-shirt ribbing to make a neck opening, that slips over their head and keeps them clean. I have appliqued on them, as well as using my embroidery machine.

Becca - understand the temp drop. Between my house and Aaron's house, about 2 miles, the temps drop by about 7 degrees. We are higher up the mountain. It gets cold!

Well, since I started, the phone has rung 5 times! Uggh!

Off to change laundry, one load to go!

Enjoy,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”