Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 am

Good morning!

We're in for another pretty nice week here - temps 48-58, sun and part sun. No complaints! I might get outside and do some raking - everything I just raked last week. If I'd known then that we were having a windstorm on Sunday, I'd have waited. Dang! I also need to dig some iris up and deliver them to my chiropractor's office. I have WAAY too many!

Yesterday I ended up at the Goodwill and found so many bargains! I think the best treasure was a brand new cast iron skillet. I've been wanting one for a long time. Also, a brand new 2-qt crockpot, a brand new front door mat, and a brand new Seattle version of Monopoly for my nephew next Christmas ($3). A pair of nearly new Clark ankle boots that were probably about $225 new. My cart was overflowing! Mondays are always bargain day. But I still found time to do a little sewing. I have lots of orphans laid out on my living room floor and the cat LOVES these new "toys"! He and I have been having a bit of a tussle. :lol:

JANA - Glad you found the tax error. What's happening in your Batt Cave this week? I am still on orphan detail, working on the third one. Foxy's help has set me back a little. lol! I may have enough for a fourth one and that doesn't count the Christmas one still waiting!

TINA - I bet your little Matthew puts quite a sparkle in your eyes! Was he 2 or 3 yrs old? Is he thinking about a little brother or sister one day?

BECCA - so glad you got those shots! Do you take your own machine to church quilting? I'm trying to picture what goes on . .

CHICKIE - You've really had some interesting weather! You sound like us two weeks ago! Hopefully we are sending you some sunshine soon! Ava's little quilt is so cute! And so is "her" idea!

LORI - I know you are flying home from UT today. That was a short visit!

BECKY - how is your FIL doing? Is everyone back on the healthy track at your house?

IRISH - I'm betting you are home and mired in packing boxes! Would love to be there to help!

Supper tonite? Hmmmm . . . . Maybe grilled pork chops, broccoli, salad. Will discuss this with DH when he wakes up. Or we might have breakfast for supper. yum!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 25

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:37 am

Good morning everyone sun is trying to peek out We are almost 50
Maryz Picture long tables set up with women working at each quilt No machine is there all machine work is done at home Only tying is done at Church All hemming at home Yesterday 4 big trash bags were loaded for nursing Homes
You are the jackpot winner at thrift shops I’m convinced you have better ones
WhenI went to QOV we used machines & sewed blocks together & put bindings on at the Church

Chickie I thought your idea about Ava was a winner Sure that will be a surprise You are the Most!!!!!

Becky Hope all’s well at your place &DFIL is better

Irish Thinking of you & all your boxes

My clothes are drying so I better get a move on
It’s burger day with roasted asparagus & potatoes n onions roasted Becca

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:55 am

Good morning ladies,
I have been in and out here lately, apparently just reading though!
Staying plenty busy, trying to help JR with his folks, but they are getting sneakier by the day. My FIL is home, but there seems to be tests several times a week, sometimes, something gets cleared up to have something else pop up, I am thinking this will be ongoing for quite some time.
Kids are all well now, well, with the exception of Ericka, but she will be an ongoing issue for a bit. In theory, she understands what she has to do, executing it is another matter.....and when she gets irritated at us, she goes to her dad's for a few days. Ha....
Today, our oldest grand is 26! Where does the time go? We are also under a winter weather advisory, no thanks to Miss Chickie, I believe! Hoping that it doesn't amount to much, we have so much rain and flooding around here. Did I mention that I think I am done with winter?
Sounds like everyone is busy as usual. Good finds at Goodwill Mary! I have had 4 crockpots all quit working in the past year, a couple of them were decades old. JR's cousin told me not to buy any until we come down there, apparently, her mother was hoarding tons of them. I did buy a 2 quart one, just because I use them often....
Tonight for dinner, I put some ham and beans from the freezer into the big crockpot, will have fried potatoes and cornbread with that. DGS decided that he would rather have his birthday dinner at the weekend. Now that the older three are working, it is much harder to arrange a get together for dinner.
Just have to run to town in a bit for some errands, and get some money and a card together so that I am ready when they are! And hoping that the weather stays decent. Have a great day. Becky

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 am

Good morning!
Mary, I think you must have the best Goodwill in the US! Lucky you! What color iris do you have? I have all colors and try to add to them every year! I even brought some home from my Great Grandma's house in Virginia in June of 2017 when I went on that trip with Dad, they have multiplied nicely this winter! I also brought Day Lilies that grow wild there along the side of the roads everywhere! They are doing good too!
Matthew is 2, his mommy is deciding if she wants to get pregnant this year or next.
Becca, sounds like you have good seeing days at your church! Glad you made your deadline for your shots!
Becky, when parents get older and start needing all the medical it can be overwhelming, hugs to you it's a difficult road and can be a touchy subject.
Well I've enlisted Chickie's guidance with making receiving blankets, burp clothes and bibs, I have a shower to go to Saturday if the weather is good.
I think we're having leftover spaghetti for supper.
Tina

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:55 am

Good morning! I need the sun!!! And, it’s flowing liquid again now. I need to go walk dogs, but it looks like I may drive. It’s too cool to be wet and walking.

Mary—you really got a bunch of neat stuff!!! I haven’t been shopping in awhile, but last time I was quite disappointed. We just hit Goodwill and not the Doggy Bag or Salvation Army. I like the latter two best. Kitties love all phases of quilting! Looking forward to seeing your “orphans”!

Becky—I really didn’t send the wet to you. I’m so tired of this! Helping with parents takes a lot of effort! I cook my ham and beans in the oven. I used to put them in on 250 degrees before I went to work and come home to dinner. It’s definitely hard to get the family together for dinner!

Becca—your sewing group sounds like they are getting a lot done!

Tina—you are doing a beautiful job on the baby shower gifts!!! I have a few irises and a few daylilies. My lilies came from roadsides as well. They grow the best.

Yesterday when I walked Choc, I came home with more mending from DS3. I finished it after I finished the little quilt top. I think I will start pulling fabrics for the Fancy Forest quilt and wait and quilt both quilts at the same time. We go see the accountant today and find out what the tax damage is for this year.

Laissez les bons temps rouler! In honor of Shrove Tuesday, I made pancakes for brunch.

Dinner tonight—I think I have enough chili. I’m really not interested in cooking. I might make some chili nachos for something a little different.

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:12 am

Good morning

A very beautiful day here. Bright, blue sky and sunshine! Albeit, a tad cold. But, no snow or rain for a week or so. I am good with that!

Irises are my favorite! I had a bunch of irises from my in-laws house in Cache Valley. My MIL had got then from starts from a friend, who won blue ribbons at the state fair. They were gorgeous! But they are at my California house and I have no access to the house here as it was sold years ago. Sad face! So I am slowly adding irises here. I even snuck the Utah irises in through the Bug Station at the border. Everyone knew how to bypass that Bug Station in those days. Now, California got smart and moved that station farther east, so that isn't possible anymore. See, I am naughty little sneak! LOL!

Dinner - saw a yummy recipe for banned PNW ocean fruit, so we will try it with a pilaf.

Mary - you score the best deals! Awhile back you mentioned that if you ever traded in your Camry, the Highlander was a possibility. You may want to think of a RAV4. It is slightly smaller. We have the Highlander so I can haul around the grands. Just one of those crazy things I remember in the middle of the night. My brain is weird! LOL! But, y'all already knew that!

Tina - making baby things is lots of fun. And the possibilty of another grandbaby is wonderful. I think my kids are done, maybe a remote possibility of one more.

Becky - my oldest grand is now 23. Still wonder how he got that old.

Becca - sounds like a normal time for you. Always busy!

Working on the hand embroidery on some blocks. I have saved up a ton of my allowance, so I will decide on a new project. Even though many times I heat up the credit card, I do save up my spend on anything I want money too.

Moved all my cookbooks yesterday and now need to adjust the shelves on the big bookcase, as some are to tall to fit. The wrought iron old bookcase, will be repurposed into shelves to hold baskets and stuff in the middle guest bedroom. So I am ready for my new cabinet, which will be here next week.

Do something fun!

Enjoy,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”