Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 am

Good morning,

We have a pretty good rip-snortin' storm blowing through - rain, hail, thunder/lightening and big wind. In fact, I usually sit on the living room couch to post most mornings, but now I've moved downstairs to the family room at the other end of the house - away from the big rotten maple. One day, that tree of the neighbors WILL come down. It's far outlived it's life expectancy given by the three hazardous tree guys and the two arborists that inspected it. And it will come down right over the living room! And if we survive it, we and one lucky lawyer will get rich! If we don't survive it, our kids have promised us THEY will get rich! Such good kids!

WE had a really nice visit with Sue and Kenn yesterday. I meant to take a picture but forgot. But I've posted pix of Sue and me before so you get the idea - Mutt & Jeff! They were here about 5 hours and we really got caught up on everything. They left in time to hopefully get home before dark - after a ~150 mile drive. We plan to go visit them in a few weeks. And maybe we can plan a camping trip with them when the weather warms up enough to sit out around a campfire.

Did you all notice that Mary Q is starting up a Civil War swap next month? This is really catching interest, mine especially. I couldn't sleep last night so I was up pulling fabrics - and the swap won't even be up and running for 3 or 4 weeks! lol!

I have no real uglies today, it's too nasty to be outside, so I guess I'm going to be forced to sew all day long. Shucky darn! :D I MAY put one load of wash through, but I may not.

BECCA - Your breads sound so interesting and tasty! You are putting me in the mood to bake bread now and to experiment with different recipes. But I probably won't . . :) We are pretty stocked up with store-bought bread for now.

TINA - how are you feeling today? I was wondering if the doc would give you an antbx scrpt - they are reluctant to do that anymore unless really necessary. Hope it works for you!

JANA - your cakes sounds scrumptious, but I'm wondering why you would want a cake pan where the cake sticks to the sides. . . .

Our supper tonite is easy peasy - leftover chicken tetrazzini. I'll toss a new salad and there are still brownies. I meant to send some home with Sue, but forgot so now they are all ours! I think I'll wrap some up for camping fare. We leave March 8 for 8 nights so my mind is already thinking about what sewing and food to take along.

What's on your mind for supper tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 23rd

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:40 am

Good morning!
Today my bouncing baby boy turns 31! We're going to his house for lunch to celebrate!
My hearing isn't quite so loud today but the bass is still turned up more than usual.
I'm really excited about Mary Q's UGRR swap! I'm sew ready!
Glad you all enjoyed your visit each other, I know it had to be fun!
I gotta scoot so I can get ready for us to leave.
I'm not sure what supper is yet.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 am

Mary, I sure hope you don't have to deal with a tree coming down.

Tonight I'm making spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread for DS and DGD. She'll be coming by after work. No other plans for the day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:41 am

Hello everyoneHad a nice loMy post & didn’t hit submit twice Poof

Maryz I think the man is very foolish about that tree It May cost him a lot more for waiting Glad you are covered on all bases
Thank you for your sweet comment about DH He does seem some better today His days are rough
March 8 isn’t far off I froze half of my brownies too
The bread is delicious She has a lot of orders Seems to us she already needs help
She didn’t want to get big until Wren is in school

Tina Glad the med helped I haven’t had any in a few years & Im so glad
Happy Birthday to your baby son Enjoy your day with him He has the baby right

Lori Enjoy your time with DS & DGD Nothing like family time

I missed Church because of C.A. I did make a Ham baked & potato And we have brownies. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am

Good morning

Home from church, changed into my jeans and a comfy shirt. I've got dinner in the crockpot - pot roast. Soon will make brunch.

Mary - I had a non stick, teflon coated angel food cake pan. The cake never gained the height of a typical angel food cake - the sides were too slippery. So I found and bought a old fashioned one like I grew up with. The plain aluminum type, hence the cake sticks to the sides and you run a thin spatula to release it. Angel food cake is a favorite of mine and I even do them from scratch, if I have a dozen extra eggs laying around. I inow I have asked before, but, if any part of the tree is hanging over your property line, aren't you entitled to trim it back to the property line, by law? That trimming may take weight off and when it does fall, it would go the other way. You would't be rich, but still alive.

Tina - so glad the noise is dimming. Happy Birthday to your baby!

Becca - fresh bread, my downfall! And the choices you have!

Lori - one of the shops is the Bernina store in Logan. They always had lots of flannels. The other is on the main Street in Brigham City.

Ethan will be here a bit later. He is still slightly toothless - missing his front teeth. One is in, but three are still hiding. He lost all of those, long before Christmas.

Time to go cook,

Enjoy,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Jana, I've been to the one in Brigham city a few times. They have a nice selection of fabrics. I'll have to check out the one in Logan.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”