Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning!

We were nearly 60* yesterday! I was outside for a while in a tee shirt. Nice! We moved a rhodie, planted a lacy leaf Japanese maple, some bulbs, and then I fed all the rhodies and other woody things - lilacs, forsythia, Oregon grape, huckleberry, and salal. Then some friends stopped by so it became happy hour! :D Today is chiropractor, a short grocery run, pick up the mail, then a bit of sewing, some uglies, and some cooking. I want to precook some chicken breasts to make chicken tetrazzini for tomorrow. Sue and Kenn are coming for the day! Looking forard to that!

With the weather improving Vicki has been a bit more active. The other day when I drove in our yard, I saw her standing in front of her garage, waggling two fingers at me. Guess which fingers. And if she sees us outside, she bangs on her windows at us and waves those fingers again! We just smile and wave back - with ALL of our fingers!

Looks like we are ALL readers! I would love to have more time for reading but that would mean less time for quilting. Its a conundrum.

JANA - The cars are not my job, Mon! When Bill set such rigid rules about how and where we wash them, they became HIS job. And that works for me. :D So I don't complain about driving around in a dirty car. But I will tell him that Jana likes Gorilla Car Care stuff. And if he doesn't know about it, he will research it.

TINA - your yard must be a park by now! Hope you get some good weather so you can go sit out and enjoy it! And yes, I did post a photo of my Country charm or quilt. Thanks for asking. 😚

BECCA - sorry about the long lines and closed offices. Frustrating because it means another trip. Didn't you say once that it was about 8 miles to town?

CHICKIE - One thing I'm glad - Mike and Autumn are still reading every minute they get. Of course, Autumn's job IS books, and Mike is writing them now. He just wrote a short story to be included in an anthology of mysteries for sale to raise funds for Australia's wildlife recovery after the fires.

Because our friends came by yesterday afternoon and we noshed on crackers & cheese and grapes (both in solid and liquid form. :D ) we weren't hungry come supper time so we ended up having peanut butter toast about 7pm. Bill cooked. Tonite will be that white pizza.

How about you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 21

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:00 am

Good morning!

Nanook of the North, aka Michael, just came back in from the cold. He took the trash cans to the street. He also dumped the odds and ends that get missed. He hates that! Wants everything out and nothing left behind!

Mary - I love rhodies. Wish they would grow here. Too dry and hot.

Not much here. A bit of light maintenance uglies, then I will sew. I need to put fabrics back away, they are getting deep around my cutting area. I do have a Skinnie traced, ready for audition of fabric for St Patrick's day. I also have a bunch of Skinnies patterns out for Spring ones to make as well.

Dinner - chicken, gravy and stuffing, all in one pan, baked in the oven. A veggie and cranberry sauce too.

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:42 am

Hello everyone sunny here so our snow will start melting Looks like Road is clear but I’m waiting until after lunch to go to town

Maryz Yes it’s 8 miles & I will have to go back on Monday for shots because it’s already been over 4 weeks and you can only go so long or you start over again
Sure wish my car washer was able to do it Mark did it for us when he was here He’s a jewel

Jana I’m Like Michael I want to get everything out or it’s another week to wait

Got my laundry done & will finish up my kitchen cleaning
We have chicken pie leftovers Will add baked sweet potato Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:03 am

Good morning! We were 14 degrees when I finally got up this morning. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night with a stuffy head, and I slept in this morning—well, 20 minutes late, but it throws off my schedule.

Yesterday I cut out three dog blocks for my Dogs in Sweaters quilt. Each block has over 60 pieces! Today I will start putting them together. DGDIL said the shower will be in April!!! Yikes!!! She isn’t due until first week of August, but they wanted to do it when DGD can be here from Michigan before she returns to work. So… as El says, “Pedal to the metal…” (Like driving my Grandpa’s old pickup truck!)

Becca—it’s almost 15 miles to town for me, so I put off trips as long as possible. I’ll go for coffee tomorrow and hit the store, too.

Mary—have a good visit with Sue and Kenn! Say hi and give Sue a hug from me! Ah, Vicki is just giving you a good luck sign! Maybe you should wave your doll back to her. It’s such a sad disease.

Jana—I bet your St. Paddy’s Day skinnie will be really cute! Your house will be so festive!

Dinner here—I’m thinking chili. It sounds good to me on such a chilly day! The hooligans and I will be walking Choc today, and I’m sure I’ll appreciate a warm supper. Also, it’s easy since I’ll be sewing.

Bon appétit!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 am

Good morning! We're on the road already.
Mary, your quilt is soooooooo beautiful!
Becca, we live about 7 miles from town and I only go in when I have to.
Jana, I do the same with trash, I want it all gone LOL
Chickie, brrrrr I don't think we were that cold. You'll get out all finished in time for the baby shower, I have faith in you.
I'm not sure about supper here, depends when we get back.
I'm having trouble with my left ear, everything seems amplified ugh. I put cotton in it and it muffles sound for me, it helps a little. It doesn't help when I talk though and it sounds like I'm yelling and the base is turned up all the way, very weird.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 pm

I went to the Dr when we came back to town, getting prescriptions right now. I'm not feeling very great. Glad it's the weekend, I need a couple days off.
Night.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”