Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:29 am

Good morning,

We are having a week of sunny weather with temps from 47-53 degrees! I can dig it! In fact, I may do just that - get outside and do some digging in the dirt! But probably that will be tomorrow.

Yesterday was mostly a sewing day. I have one orphan quilt almost together, 3 more to go. I will still have a ton of various sized HST's, squares, and strips left. I have GOT to quit leaving them alone in a dark closet. They multiply!

This morning is an appt with our financial guy. After we see him, it's back to the elder care attorney. We are reorganizing all our financial stuff, creating a trust, re-doing our wills, adding durable power of attorney(s), health care directives, living wills, etc. All the things that will make life easier for our family, even though we have no intention of ever utilizing these documents!! But so boring! I'd rather be home sewing.

JANA - I think you just went through all this stuff, didn't you? I know it will be a relief once we have everything in place. Bill does our taxes. I used to do them in my past life, but so happy to turn it over to him when we got married! So scary icy there! Glad to hear it's warming up. It would be eerie to see '15' empty of cars. Seems we always are there in rush hour, dark, and rain - pulling our trailer. Arghh! Hope your roof is OK.

LORI - Don't be surprised if, when you arrive home again, you find a big box of blocks, parts, pieces, squares, strips, waiting on your doorstep! lol! Glad to hear UT will be kind to you, weather-wise. Did you say how long you're going to be gone? Did you make your tamale's or buy them? Here, the only ones you can buy are in a can. I have a Mexican friend who makes them about once a year.

TINA - glad Missy is OK. Thank you for your kind words on my red/white/black log cabin star quilt. It was a real challenge to make, I can tell you! It's very good of you to take your dad to church and give up almost your entire day. Do you go every Sunday?

BECKY - hope your FIL is OK.

BECCA - I admit I like that basketball moves fast, but it's still basketball. My mom, who graduated in 1934, earned a letter playing basket ball. She was "jumping center", she said. I don't even know what that is! Mom was 4'10" tall. I prefer baseball, but it's so slow moving that I get bored and drift off to something else. Though if Bill enjoyed watching, I'd be more into it. Maybe it would be better on the radio while I do other stuff.

Supper tonite will be grilled chicken, I think. And rice, salad, and maybe some broccoli.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 18

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:09 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes, we just did all the wills, trusts, power of attorneys and medical. Our attorney is very good. He served, helped, Matt, when Matt was a Bishop. Also helped us with FIL lawyer stuff. Glad it is done. The kids know where things are as well.

Aaron flew the drone over the house. All is well! If you park where we did on Sunday at the church, you can see the oddity, move over a space or two, you don't. What we were seeing were the attic vents on the roof, all in a line. Been here 8 years and never saw them like that from the church, but, all is well and the roof is fine. The neighbor's house, on the south side of ours, has lost shingles in spots, that needed to be replaced. That house was finished just a month or so before ours. Hence the worry.

Did Aaron's taxes, made boo boo and the IRS rejected the e-file, so need to go downstairs and find out why. Hopefully something easy. The kids are heading to St George to visit Kate's mom for a couple of days.

Need a milk and egg run to Costco. Something may jump into the basket for dinner. Something easy I hope! Or I will make green chili chicken enchiladas.

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with rain probable
Yesterday my BFF & I went on trails & enjoyed the sunny weather in 60s She gave me a bunch of books to read mixture of history & religious & biography

Maryz Baseball puts me to sleep it’s so slow If your Mom was that short that’s very unusual Center is usually tall because they have to jump for the ball I loved playing
I’m sure your quilt is beautiful We have quilting next week at Church & I’m taking some things I found & a baby quilt top

Tina That’s a long way to go to Church Too bad he can’t find one closer You are a very special DD

Jana Sure hope the ice is all
Melted & the roof is an easy fix Our DS Alex who had the damage in his yard & place also has 3 leaks but so far none can get to him yet It’s not coming into his house only the attic but that rots the wood

Lori Enjoy your visit with DS And hope the weather is good for you

Becky Hope things are settling down for you
We have pintos left Will add baked sweet potato Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 am

Good morning! Yesterday was barely 50, but it drizzled all day until about 5:00 when the sun came out—just in time for the temperatures to drop. We are only going to get to the 40s today. I walked in the drizzle yesterday to see Choc. The Hooligans made me! They had fun; I had to watch my balance as the dirt road was slick! Today should be dry-ish, but much cooler.

I’ve been missing—making a girlie quilt for my first great grandbaby along with 4 girlie bibs. I finished yesterday afternoon—all but the snaps on the bibs! I need to finish crocheting the baby afghan for #2 (to be a grandson), then all will be ready for the baby shower on the 21 of March. I’ll be starting on everything for #3! There is a real population explosion in that generation this year!

Mary—we did all the trusts, etc., right after we were married. As you say, don’t plan on ever using the documents, but they are there—just in case. You are so fast with your quilts!!! Scraps definitely multiply! Just like dirty dishes and laundry—aaak!

Jana—hope all is good with your roof! DH is getting a new one put on one of the rentals. It will be steel like the other one and our house. I remember driving to work on ice and the helpless feeling when the car went opposite of where I was headed. That was funny about the roof vents on the church. Sometimes things look different in the angle of the sun, too.

Irish—great news for you! Enjoy your new home when you return! One floor is definitely nice! We made all big doors for accessibility when we built here.

When we played basketball in school, it was “girls rules” and half courts. After my DD was born, I joined a group of moms who played, and we did full court “men’s rules”. Whew!!! We played other teams of women from other small towns.

I have loved baseball since I was a little kid. I sneaked off from brownie day camp in Golden Gate Park to go watch from the hill above the field the San Francisco Seals (farm club) play at Keezar stadium. I used to fall asleep with the ear bud to my transistor radio playing the Kansas City Athletics before they moved to Oakland. I dreamed of being a big league pitcher.

My sister just texted me that there is someone on the loose in our area. He wrecked a car he had stolen and is now on foot. Never a dull moment here! Hope they get him rounded up before I go walk the dogs!

Becca—your walk yesterday sounds beautiful—nice temps!!! And, you got a bonus of books! Enjoy!

We have some leftover brats, macaroni and cheese and a salad for dinner tonight.

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Chickie, I love baseball too. We follow the Cubs and Angels. We already have tickets to see the Cubs when they come to San Diego. I usually have a game on while I'm sewing. With all the dogs with you walking, you're probably safe. Most criminals don't like to deal with animals. Jack and Wrigley are friendly, but if you tried to hurt mama, it would be a different story.

Mary, just going Friday through coming home Tuesday. Might be headed back in March to watch the dogs while DS travels for work. We need to update our living trust. Now that everyone is talking about it, I should put it on my calendar. BTW love your orphan block quilt top.

Jana, glad there was nothing wrong with the roof.

It was warm enough to give the boys a bath today, so they are clean and smell good. At least for a day or so.

We had a late lunch at one of our favorite local places, so no dinner tonight.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”