Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:53 am

Good morning!

IRISH - what great news! When you know it, you know it, don't you just know it! I"m so excited for you! I want to come help pack! But sounds like you have quite a crew there to help get things done. I have a feeling you are going to love your new home and making it all yours. Plus, plenty of room for drop-ins! Love the idea of all one level! Have you told Baby Girl yet? And egg-citing news on the eagle front, too! Have a super wonderful trip to FL. Hope you can come down off your cloud enough to relax while down there! :D Fly safe!!

BECCA - I've never developed an interest in basketball. When my first hubby was still in college he worked as sports editor for a weekly newspaper so we had to go to all the high school games. He was down on the court, taking photos and I had to sit in the stands and take notes for him on who made shots and what kind of shots they were. Well, I was about 12 months pregnant with our first baby. Picture me not quite 5 feet tall, gaining 60 pounds with that pregnancy. The guy next to me got up and started striding away on his very long legs, and my spiral notebook got caught on his jacket. He whipped it right out of my hands without noticing. I had to chase that fella clear through the gym, my tummy bouncing more than the basket ball! and of course, I was wearing a bright red top so I'm sure I presented a better show than the players did on the court! :lol: So no, to this day, basketball isn't my game.

JANA - I'm not sure about the new football league either. At least Seattle has a team - the Dragons. I started to watch the first game but just as I turned it on, they went to halftime, so I went to my sewing room and forgot about it after that. But it's early days yet. Maybe it will catch on. There were a lot of fans on TV, screaming and yelling. Hope your T.P. quilt show takes off and becomes a huge annual hit!

LORI - I feel for your Bill on the hills. They can really get your back. You've been busy getting projects ready. I was doing that last week. Now, I'm deeply mired in "the orphanage". But things are working out! I kept dreaming about all those orphan blocks last night.

TINA - Yes, sometimes it's nice to be the recipient of random kind acts! But if you're used to being the one who is always doing for others, it can be hard to accept at first. Wow, your dad goes to a long church! Or else it's a very long ride. You may have to ask him to switch churches, go to a closer one, go less often, trade off taking him with other family, or maybe other members of the congregation could give him a ride.

Yesterday we had a great breakfast in Olympia with Bill's sister and DBIL (Ed & Becky). We gave them their housewarming quilt and they loved it. She put it on FB as soon as they got home. I posted a photo here last summer - black/white log cabin with red stars. I saw a similar one on Pinterest and tried to copy the photo. Part of it was my own design. It feels so good to give something that's so appreciated. On the way home we dropped off my Bernina and the vacuum for servicing/cleaning. While waiting for the place to open I popped into the Goodwill next door and found a few good bargains. Among them my new favorite shirt - a black/red buffalo plaid flannel shirt. I live in flannel shirts and this one is a beauty! $6. After we got home I spent a few hours with my orphan blocks. They are slowly coming together . . . . Today - chiropractor, sewing, and this week I hope to get into the yard to rake up some of the winter blow-down. Maybe today...... maybe not! I'm at the end of my latest book and I might spend some time just sitting and reading.

Supper is going to be potato pancakes and sausages grilled up with onions. And a salad. We have a little veggie beef noodle soup left but I think I'll freeze it for "one of those nights".

How is your supper story going to read?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 17

Post by Becca » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:52 am

Hello everyone sunny here so a great day
Been doing laundry of things like blankets throws etc that doesn’t get washed every week

I’m cooking a pot of pinto beans Willadd cornbread

Maryz What a lovely sight you must have been lol But I do love basketball Think because it is a fast moving game And I played in Hi School to

Irish What great news I’m so Happy for r you The everything on one level is what we need as we get older My wishes is for happiness for you Being so close to your DS & DS is fantastic Just enjoy once you get moved in And enjoy your time in FL
Always love hearing eagle news I saw my 3 deers this morning They are regulars here

Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:00 am

Good morning ladies.
Busy week here, and sounds like, for everyone else too! Just hit and miss as far as stopping in, but I sure thought that I posted yesterday!
Today will be some sort off soup or casserole. JR's dad got out of the hospital, but we heard through the grapevine that he was back in there yesterday with another problem. JR will be checking today to see what is going on. With his brother no longer at the house, apparently they don't share any better than before.....
Gotta run, have so much catch up to do....Hope you all are doing well, and keep up the fun! Becky

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:35 am

Good morning!

Irish - oh what a blessing to walk in and know that was the right home for you! You will be so busy getting ready and trip to Florida as well.

Mary - you know that quilt will be loved! You make the bedt time of anything you do!

Just got a call from Aaron. Oh the joys of icy roads! This morning I-15 had to be closed in both directions at what we call the point of the mountain. That is 8 lanes in both directions as well as carpool lanes. So icy, that Aaron was practicing his ice skating techniques without skates! LOL! He was driving on another stretch of a road, near home, and found his truck sliding sideways. He fought and got control, finally in the middle of a intersection. At first he was heading northbound, but by the end, he was southbound.

He is going to try to fly the drone over my house to check a oddity on the roof with the shingles, but there is about two inches of snow right now. We saw the shingles which appear to be raised as we came out from church yesterday. From the ground to the roof back there is more than 35 feet. Too tall for us.

Dinner - I am leaning toward banned and a rice pilaf and broccoli.

Need to scoot,

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:52 am

Good morning!
LOL Mary, what a visual, soooooo funny...... well now, I'm sure it wasn't for you then ❤
I'm the only one that will take Dad to church, I love going to church, always have, I just don't like going by myself. Dad doesn't just go for church, those are his and Mom's friends so I take him when he can't take himself. It's 1 hour and 20 minutes each way and we always have lunch too. Making memories ❤ I'd be fine if my legs and back would be ❤
I saw your quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous! You should've entered it in a show, it's a true show stopper, first place winner, best of show!!!!!
Becca, I LOVE basketball too, it's my all time favorite!
Becky, I do that too, I'm not sure if cyberspace is messing with us or if our mind is messing with us, I prefer to think it's cyberspace 😉 we post and it is out there somewhere!
Jana, that's crazy icy! I hope all stay safe! I hope your roof is ok.
I need to go get some groceries for us and Dad today, I'm planning on going this afternoon to give my bank a break from sewing.
Missy ended up being ok, maybe she just had a bad dream last night.
Tonight we're having chicken fajitas tacos, mine might be chicken fajitas in a salad.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 am

Mary, that is a funny story. I'm not a basketball fan. I'm looking forward to baseball starting up in about a month. Glad your orphans are finding a home.

Tina, glad Missy is okay.

Jana, looks like it's going to warm up a bit for my arrival on Friday morning. Glad I won't have to deal with icy roads.

Well I didn't make my soup again. We ended up having tamales. Don't know what we will have tonighgt.
I'll have to check out and see what I have.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Lori - just saw the latest forecast for this up coming weekend - may reach into the 50 degree mark! Whoo Hoo - March weather!

Well I just started the ugly of uglies - Taxes! Downloaded the software - Aaron needs to do his - or I should say - I will do his. In the past his FIL, a tax accountant did them, but he has passed away, so that task will fall to me.

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”