Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 16

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 16

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 am

Good morning,

The quilt show was great! We spent about 2 hours there. I bought three 1-yd cuts, seven FQ's, and two kits. I never buy kits but these quilts were purrfect for my girls and I don't have any fabrics in my stash to go along with the panels so I bit the bullet and bought both. They will be anniversary gifts for them this year. We don't normally do anniversary gifts but sometimes the purrfect thing comes along.

This morning we are going to Olympia - 50 miles south of us - to meet Bill's sister and DBIL for breakfast. They are coming about 50 miles from the other direction and Oly is the halfway point between us. We haven't seen them since last Oct or Nov. They were busy with a new house, and, after living in a very small travel trailer for 4 months, they finally moved in about 4 days before Christmas. We are going to take the black/white/red log cabin & stars quilt to them today. I'm pretty sure I posted a photo of it late last summer. But other than the run to Oly this morning, I plan to sew this afternoon. It's supposed to be rainy so no outdoor activities here!

TINA - that's so nice that an angel bought your Valentine dinners! They do walk among us! Don't feel badly or guilty. I'm sure that person felt a great joy at being able to do a secret kind act!

CAROL - having just gone to a quilt show about the same size as yours, what was it that you were doing there? What was your job? This show here was very nice except the way they placed the table at the entrance, there was no place for the line of people that were trying to enter to stand but outside in the 40* rain and wind. I hope next year they think that through a little better.

BECCA - I love fried potatoes and onions. Yum! We had them, too, one day last week. What game were you watching? College basketball?

LORI - sounds like you have some nice places to walk, too. Can the boys go off-leash at the park? I like walking neighborhoods in spring to see yards come to life and flowers start blooming. And Christmas-time, too, to see the decorations. Otherwise, I prefer the trails.

IRISH - I'm thinking you are either still gallivanting with Kathy or getting ready for Florida! Thinking of you!

We had our veggie soup last night and it was good. But the leftovers are running heavy to broth so I think I'll toss in a handful of rice or noodles and we'll finish that off tonite. What's the story on your plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 16

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 am

Hello everyone a cloudy day here The sun was so nice yesterday I love sunny days

Maryz You did find treasures I watched college basketball & was switching back & forth to a football game too Basketball is what I really love

Tina When we were in business we used to pay for people we saw in Restaurant & we pay for military too Just accept & be happy Someone wanted to do it for you

Lori My wall is always the same unless I go to park or hiking But it’s outside & that is where I love to be So enjoy those doggie walks

I am debating on the menu still May be something easy like soup & grilled cheese
Have a great day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:01 am

Good morning!

It is SNOWING! Sticking to the ground, but so far not the roads. A good thing.

Mary - what fun treasures! We only get two quilt shows here a year. The LA show in May and hopefully the new one at Thanksgiving Point in September/October. That was was great and hopefully more vendors this year. Riley Blake Fabrics and Missouri Star were the big dp8nsers last year.

Becca - I can seem to get into the new football league. Basketball is huge here, but I only watch a small bit of March Madeness. Come on Spring Training - baseball!

Dinner - something with mashed potatoes - Ethan will be here.

Enjoy,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Good late afternoon from chilly, dreary SW. Pa...But, I think I heard, it's going to warm up a bit this week.....
1st, I've missed birthdays, anniversaries and not sure what else and I'm sorry...I've just spent an hour trying to get caught up.....And it sounds like everyone enjoyed those special days....

Mary, you really did hit the jackpot with your treasures...And then breakfast this morning, sounds great....I'm sure they'll be thrilled with that quilt.....Funny, you should "think" I might be gallivanting with Kathy....Let me tell you, we sure did put some miles on the car but my house is quiet now....Everyone left this morning, Kathy for the airport, Cari and Lena for Carlisle and even Dan and Casey were here and it was like a parade when they pulled out....What an absolute joy having my 3 girls here...Of course when you have a 16 month old in the house, no one sat still and we all slept good....
BUT, I have such big news, I can hardly contain myself...I bought a house but not the one that was by my sister (which she's not too happy about)....Last Tuesday, Kathy, my realtor and I went up to that house for another look and I was going to make an offer but we decided to just check out a couple others....Didn't like the others and Kathy said she had seen a mobile home and thought we should ride through the park..So, she and I pulled into the park and there it was...A brand new double wide, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, gorgeous kitchen and all on 1 level..We had the manager bring the key and as soon as I walked in, I told her, it was mine...Kathy and I kept looking at each other and saying, what is happening...I'm not sure which one of us is more thrilled...I went back up on Thursday, signed the papers and gave them 1/2 and now, just waiting for the rest of my money....It is what I have always dreamed of having, here or in Florida...The rest of the kids are so excited and Kathy is beyond...She texted Tim and told him she had picked out her bedroom, then layed across the floor to see if a Queen bed would fit...This park is 2 minutes from Kevin and maybe 5 from my sister which is darn near perfect....So, when we've been home, we've been packing and so far, 3 rooms are all packed and ready to go..Kathy really didn't want to leave but there are some things that needed taken care of at home so she booked a flight back on the 17th of March....AND tomorrow, I'm leaving for Florida so I won't be moving anything in until the 27th...My realtor was down, took pictures and I signed all those papers and she's going to list it next weekend and then start showing on the 27th...I just didn't think I wanted any one here while I was gone...So, now, do you know why my head is spinning???? After everyone left, I was sitting in the quiet and then I remembered, I did have to throw some clothes in a suitcase...Baby Girl is sulking because she knows what that big red suitcase sitting on the bed, means...But, the young fellow next door spoils her just as much as I do.....

Oh Mary, not to worry about parking when you come, that was a priority...And by then, I might even know how to cook in my new kitchen.....

I'll probably be hit or miss for the next couple of weeks...Hopefully, I'll be able to check and make sure everyone is behaving themselves.....I'm sure not going to promise to behave, might be tempted by a glass or 2 of "the fruit of the vine"...These gals always were a bad influence.......

As far as my dinner, I'm cleaning out the fridge....

You all have a good rest of the day..

Happy eating..........

Eagle Update: At one of our nests up here, the Hays nest, we have an egg...I haven't checked today so there could be another....One year she had 3 so we might have a full nest by the time I get back.....
Another update....We have the second egg, arrived tonight at 6:30....So exciting....
Last edited by Irishgram on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Maryz, my walks get a little boring. Sometimes we take the boys down to the beach. They can go on the beach in winter. There is actually a dog beach, but we have never gone. Maybe this some. The dogs there look like the happiest dogs on the planet. We also have hiking trails, but Bill is limited with a bad back and can walk too many hills, so we stay on flat ground mostly. The park can even be a little hilly for him.

Oh Irish, how exciting for you. Sounds like a perfect place. One level is the best. I bet you are excited to move in.

Jana, I sure hope they do the quilt show at Thanksgiving point again. I will take classes and go everyday. That was such a beautiful place. I want to go back in the spring/summer to see all the beautiful grounds in bloom.

Becca, I love the outdoors as well. I'm actually sitting on the patio now with the boys. They just love to be will mama.

Tina, how nice of someone to pay for your meal.

I've been busy cutting fabric for various projects. So now I'll have a few things to sew this week. For dinner I think I'll make the potato soup. We had the orange chicken last night. It was yummy.

Have a nice evening.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm running late..... again! I've been running around all crazy, being pulled in several directions at once. I've had to set my Spring Swap blocks aside for another pressing setting project, Dad needed me to take him to church.... thata takes toll about 2:30 and then a time to relax for me after that drive.
Congratulations Irish! Such amazing news, I'm so happy for you!
Thank you all, I'm taking your advice and just accepting the act if kindness.
I gotta go, my little Missy just had some kind of episode.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”