Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:28 am

Good morning,

We had such a nice evening! Good friends, good food, good conversation, and good wine. I got out my Valentine things - 1 wreath, 1 quilt, 1 table topper, 2 hot pads, and 1 mug rug - and wore my best red sweater. Bill even wore a red shirt. And supper all turned out great, too. Claudia brought a lemon pavlova for dessert. We were STUFFED!

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. Time is a funny thing. Looking at 28 years from the starting point it seems forever, but from the other end it seems to have gone by in a flash. There is a quilt show today up in Kitsap Co Fairgrounds, 30 miles north of us. I really would like to go so we just might do that. Bill is always willing, if not exactly eager.

JANA - glad you had a nice birthday. I actually prefer to stretch my celebrating out over a few days so that's the plan I was going with when I sent your wishes a day late. You didn't think I really forgot, did you?? ;) You'll have a great party with Sarah (happy belated birthday to your wonderful DD, too!) and the little ones. And please don't call yourself old, because I'm pretty certain you are younger than I
(who will be 69 soon)! Chocolate pie is my son-in-law, Lee's, favorite, too. Mine is sour cream lemon, then raspberry, then cherry. OH, and pumpkin! Love pumpkin, too. And ahh - the wait to see if the kindergarten slot you get will coincide with the rest of your life. That seems like yesterday, too.

BECCA - I'm so glad you found a PC nurse that you like. She sounds much more 'with it' and thoughtful. Now if she could just figure out how to get all those routine blood draws done at home . . .

LORI - One whole cupboard down! How many to go? :lol: My dishes and glasses and stemware are in glass-fronted cabinets. I designed my cupboards myself, and I love those cabinets. If it weren't for Scottie (and Duchess & Lori from across the road) I might not get out every morning, walking. Do you walk trails, streets, park? We live semi-rural and have a wonderful fenced bark park in the woods - about 20 acres - with one big open area to play frizbee and chase - but the rest is all trails through woods, bridges over cricks, hills & valleys. Lots of squirrels to chase. Scott loves that because then he can go off leash. But it also can be muddy, so we don't go there much in the winter. Then we have several paved trails within walking distance of the house, plus 5 different housing developments to sniff our way through. So we walk somewhere different every day. BTW, if you didn't know, and ever need to, choc chip cookies with walnuts are MY favorite, too!

CAROL - you really thought it through, food-wise, for the weekend! Your quilt show sounds like the purrfect size. I'm curious to see what the one here is like. I've never been, I don't think. How many people are in your guild? Sometimes I think I'd like to belong to a guild. And I did join one once that turned out to be a misc. craft group instead. They fought and gossiped a lot, and eventually splintered apart into two groups while we were south for the winter one year. Now I'm gun-shy! So I just do my own thing at home and have all my wonderful QIAD peeps as my 'guild'.

Tonite's supper is going to be veggie beef soup. I'll be using the leftover swiss steak and broth, add a diced potato, some veggies, and let it simmer in the crockpot while we go to the quilt show. Yum! We also have two French rolls left.

What's on your menu for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 15

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:44 am

Hello everyone sunny here but. Cold

Maryz So glad you had a nice evening with friends
Yes we tried but they don’t do pro time And it’s this week too

Lori When I had my Lab she would sit & look at me until we walked She was a great motivator

We have leftovers Will add some fried potatoes n onions.

I may watch a game if one is on Too cold to be out for my head Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:56 am

Becca, The boys eat, then about 20 minutes later we walk. If we don't they will let me know. They keep me moving.

Maryz, yep, just the one. I got distracted by pretty fabric. We have tree rats, (aka squirrels) in the back.
They hang out in the neighbors trees and drive the dogs crazy. They also run across our path while out walking which can be fun. Jack tries to bolt after them, but he's on a leash. We walk a residential neighborhood with sidewalks or go to the local park. The park has a sidewalk that is a 2 mile loop. We get a yearly pass to enter and park. Bill was very happy to have cookies. They were delicious.

Once I get my house vacuumed I'm going to sew. Tonight for dinner....maybe potato soup or orange chicken and rice. Depends on how much time I want to spend making it.

Have a lovely day
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, your valentine's/ anniversary get together sounds like it was great! Your walking places sound really cool! No getting bored seeing the same old things everyday, cool!
Becca, I agree, it would be great if they could do those blood draws at your house. Way easier on you for sure ❤
Lori, your quilt show sounds like a good one! I'll be over for orange chicken!
We ate out last night and decided to splurge on t- bone steaks, they were $15.95 each and it came with a side salad, corn and potatoes..... we each could only eat half of the steak because it was so big and I ate my salad and part of my corn....I was stuffed! We went to pay and someone paid our bill, we have no idea who and they asked the waitress to not tell us. I feel bad not to even be able to say a thank you. We didn't recognize anyone there so we have no clue who it was. I feel bad too because we splurged and our bill was way more than we'd normally eat for.
Tonight we're having the leftover steaks and salad.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Maryz - Your Valentine/Anniversary sounds very nice! Glad you enjoyed it.

Tina - How nice to have a stranger buy your dinner. Maybe they were paying it forward. I have often thought it would be nice to do so. Guess to limit it to my budget I could buy a gift card and have the waitress give it to someone.

Tonight we went to the mall and ate. Not a very romantic Valentine celebration, but it was good to spend time with my DH. This is Quilt Show weekend for me and I spend a lot of time there, including most of tomorrow.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”