Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning,

Listen! Do you hear it? Only the ding dang clock! No RAIN!! Yay! Yes, we have no rain today! Or for the next 4 or 5 days! It's exciting!! I might spend some time in the trailer today. I always leave it spic and span (how long since you've heard THAT phrase?!) and in apple pie order but the gremlins somehow get in there and things get messed up. So I'll go straighten up again, dust, and make a list of what's in there. We leave some food in even during long periods when we are "in port" because our trailer is our emergency "kit". So I need to see what's in there, make a list of what we need, and pull out anything we don't need. I think we need more sewing projects!! I'm trying to think positive and that next week we'll be able to maneuver our way out of our RV shelter after 5 days of no rain.

I also plan to get the binding on my second FGV quilt. And I might do a load of laundry. I did darks 2 days ago. Today - lights. Later this afternoon we are going to Doyle and Susie's for games and supper.

CHICKIE - Your weather is more fickle than ours with sudden and drastic changes! My DBIL in CO texted me that they had 71* one day last week and next morning it was 21* and snowing! There's your problem - Kansas is too close to Colorado! You are so nice to mend the DS's things. You could justify a new machine to your sweet DH because you need one for mending heavy work clothes . . . ;) Your soup and cornbread sounds like our kind of meal!

BECCA - your storm sounds like a really bad one! We saw it on the national weather map, moving up the coast. Glad you got your bread! They sound yummy! I bet your DGD loved her towels! Sorry to hear the little ones are sick with flu.

JANA - I've never seen pigeon on a restaurant menu. Or would they call it "squab"? Whatever it is, I'm sticking with birds I know. Chicken for me! lol! But a real bummer for Sandee to have to deal with them. OH! We were at Costco yesterday and they were giving out samples of the heart shaped Cheerios. I thought of you as we munched down.

IRISH - I hope we can send our next five days of weather across the country to you! Just in time for you to leave for FL! lol! You'll be having a lot of fun this week with Kathy and crew. I'm sure, if you invite their opinions and ideas on whether or not you should take that house, you'll get lots of input! You know - a place in FL might not be a bad idea. You and your sis could both sell and buy a duplex . . . with RV parking. ;) And actually, I was asking if the new house you are considering has RV parking . . . But if she has room and it's level and turnaroundable, we'll take your sis! And speaking of your sis - she is really bionic, isn't she! Orthopedic surgery has come a long way. My mom's hip replacement was done in the "pioneering days" of replacement surgery. 10 days in hospital and 2-3 months of recovery.

Well, I have no supper plans for tonite other than I know I'm not cooking! Are you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 8

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 am

Good morning!

I have sunshine! Blue sky too. Oh yes, lots of white mountains. Most of my snow has blown away.

I had one of my hair brained decorating schemes after cleaning and clearing up my laundry room. Need to make a exploration trip to Home Depot to see if they have tin ceiling tiles. I want to use them as a back splash behind the washer and dryer and under the cabinets, same wall space. Easy to install, just a small nail in the corners. No water in the room, so no shock hazard. Now to run it past Michael, or maybe not. I have have been known to surprise him. Just ask, he'll tell you about coming home from work and finding a large part of a wall missing, to make a new way into the family room in my Concord house. :D

Dinner - not sure yet, but corned beef may appear.

Mary - I use spic and span phrase all the time! Ethan looks at me strange, but slowly he is understanding. Can you even get Spic & Span anymore? I remember doing my mom's formica counters - cleaning them, then polishing them with Jubilee - shiny and pretty! Also - loved Glass Wax - especially at Christmas with stencils to decorate the windows. All those old fun things!

Didn't get out yesterday, just finished a bunch of uglies. Sarah was busy with homework and now on Monday has to go to the sod farm in Idaho for meetings. Fabric will just have to wait.

Time to get going, car needs food, so off we go,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:07 am

Hello everyone a snowy morning here & supposed to be until tonight
Today would be my sweet Daddy’s Birthday He would be 98

Denise & Mark got home safe The report from neighbors told them Thursday was a scary day They hunkered down all day into nite 5 tornadoes touched down 3 right around their town She said d the rivers are raging like she has never seen before

And today they are getting snow like us & our DS Marty is getting it in in GA It’s far reaching

Maryz Always glad when you get sun I couldn’t do rain all the time Sure hope the trailer comes out ok
Enjoy your friends tonite

Irish Enjoy your little one & Kathy & DGD
Nothing like family Sure the house situation will work out for you I would want to be close to family if possible It sure makes a difference here since Marty moved We really miss him

I got laundry done Meds done for week for CA Now make lunch Will watch snow & a
ball game
Have a great day everyone
I’m making burgers for us spinach for me & potatoes for him Denise brought us goodies too We are over loaded Our bread is delicious DGD made We are so happy for her that it has really taken off for her
Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 am

Good afternoon from still wintery, cold, SW. Pa....A little of the snow has blown away but we still have quite a bit and in some parts, still looks kind of pretty.....But, enough already!

Right now, I'm on a break between floors and then will be time to put on the shoes and hit the road to the airport....Kathy texted me bright and early this morning, "ready to board" and then the next text came from Las Vegas, "almost ready to board"...Then she sent me a picture of the gorgeous blue sky and said, of all the people on the plane, she was the only one coming to Pgh. and guess there not too many who want to vacation in Pgh....Gee Whiz, we do have our famous ground hog, what more do you want?

Mary, no rain, thank goodness...Maybe this is just the start and your yard will be nice and dry and you'll have no problems.....My sister would be upset if you didn't decide to park at her house, lol...But, the house I want is directly across the road and it also has a nice long driveway so you're good at either....As I said before, we might just keep you....I do like the idea of buying in Florida, always have and it's still on the back burner...

Becca, I agree, having family around is special and this coming week is going to be extra special...Kathy isn't even here and already, her brothers are telling her where she is to be and what time...Me, I'll supply the car and tag along, lol.....My lunch gals even have a day planned so they can see her....Cari and Lena aren't coming until next Thursday and then the real fun will start.....

Sorry I gotta run, onto the bathroom floor now....For dinner, we'll probably be meeting Dan and his gal on our way home from the airport, so no cooking in this house.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating.........................

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:31 am

Good afternoon....
Sounds like everyone is busy, busy! We have been to town, JR and his nephew moved some stuff around at Grandma's house, not sure what is up with that, she is buying new furniture like it is going out of style! And according to Jarod (nephew) it is way out of style....HA....Oh well, guess it keeps her out of the bars....
Sorry to hear you are getting the storms now, Becca. It is actually nice here today, but supposed to get more mid week next week. Jana's leftovers, I guess.....We may actually see parts of our driveway today or tomorrow.
My house must have that gremlin disease too. I am not sure who is making these messes. That is funny that Kathy's brothers tell her where she has to be, Irish. That is the way my mom and sisters did me when I went back home. They made all their arrangements with my first Husband's family, and they all just told me what we were doing. Guess it all worked out for all....
Well, I think I am throwing a meat loaf and baked potatoes in the oven. Brytt is gone tonight, so she asked for homemade chicken and noodles for tomorrow when she gets home.....My BIL that lives down the hill from us was standing here, and he brightened right up. He said if I had an extra egg, he would like some of that too....so that is the plan. Guess I better get going, have a few uglies to do here.....
Have a great weekend, all....Becky

Return to “Chit Chat”