Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 4

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 am

Good morning,

Well, after two almost dry days, we are going back into rain mode again. Sigh. But might be starting out as snow come mid-morning today. Sigh.

Yesterday I got 4 more yo-yo strips prepared for evening hand-stitching. I also ordered a new counted cross-stitch pattern as if I don't have enough hand projects to do right now! lol! I'm still working on my fifty state bird/flowers (#31), and I have hexies that I haven't touched in 2 years. Four major hand-projects - it's good to have choices!

LORI - your dad is right about the "golden years". My older brothers are out looking for the lunatic who coined the term 'golden'.

JANA - I think you will be excellent teaching your class! How long will it go on? Hope your snow has let up.

BECKY - I bet your beaded cross-stitch is beautiful! Ahh, rice. I've found I need to add more water than called for. EVen if I'm using the rice-cooker.

TINA- it must be scary for your dad to have so many things he's battling. And now falls. And I know he doesn't want to tell anyone just how bad it is. Lots more towers have been built in recent years. A Life Alert just might work for him now. It's certainly worth a try! I think if I lived alone, I might get one for myself!

CHICKIE - You had a nice party even if your team didn't win. We ALWAYS get either 4WD or AWD on our vehicles. You only need it once to make it worthwhile. We use it a lot on the pick-up. Our next vehicle will be going back to an SUV. Possibly a Highlander. But not until our Camry dies and for now, she's still going strong. She's old enough to drive herself now! lol! I'd take a pasture to live in any day of the week over a city block!! I was raised on a farm and I truly hate city living!

BECCA - 12 pounds! Whoo Hoo! They've beat all the odds! Did you get your walk in yesterday? I got mine, though it snowed a little on us while walking. Better than walking in the rain!

I was going to make a pork roast for tonite - have it half thawed, But then remembered I wanted to have either hamburgers or chicken pattie burgers while the buns are still fresh. So I have to think about this a bit. What's going on on your plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 4

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:31 am

Good morning!

Mary - we do love our Highlander. And the Tacoma. And the Solara. All going strong. My Solara is now 20 years old and going strong. They are like a Timex watch, keeps on ticking! Glad there are hand work people like you. Hand work and I have never gotten along well.

Dinner - chicken something - will look for a new recipe to try.

Snow has stopped. We got about 15 inches. But it is famous Utah powder, light fluffy and blows away. There was a news team that rode with Aaron's boss yesterday and called the team of Incident Managers, superheroes. Said they wear florescent yellow vests, not capes. Yes, they are! There were more than 500 incidents and in a 8 hour shift Aaron, handled more than 25 calls himself alone. Accidents, slide offs that he hooked up and pulled back on the road.

Sewing and a few uglies to do today.

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 am

Good morning!
Walking in the snow sounds like my kind I'd walking Mary, I love snow.
Dad had a cell phone but it doesn't do any good when he leaves it on the table instead of putting out in his pocket. Life Alert cost $200 for the initial setup then $59-$100 per month. If he'd just keep his phone in his pocket 🤷‍♀️ parents are worse than pre-teen/ teenage girls going through all their moody stubbornness, I swear!!! He even told us yesterday that if they don't renew his driver's license then he'll just drive without a license. I think he needs to be grounded or stand in the corner! I went through this with mom and know that there isn't a thing we can do about it.... dr's have to actually take driving permission away, the police, sheriff or state police here won't and the doctors want family to do it, I guess they don't know how stubborn their patients can be!
I say the term "golden years" means you need gold to be able to afford them!
I got all 8 of my BOM made yesterday! I'm so happy I got them done! I have to take them Saturday so I can get this month's kit for free. I was hurting so bad last night from all the sewing, cutting, ironing etc.... my legs and back hurt the worst. I made those 8 blocks in about 6 1/2 hours....I took a few 10 minute breaks was all.
Jana, wow 500, that's crazy!!! I'm not a handwork person either but I keep trying.... my hand sewing is really ugly. 😢
We cleaned the leftovers out last night so it's new food tonight and I think it'll be baked chicken and a big salad!
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:33 am

Tina, I Agree. Parents are worse than teenagers. I think it's payback from when they were raising us. My DH went out to his dads a few years ago and he talked his dad into selling his truck. That way the temptation was not there. Otherwise I bet he would have drove. We were shocked every year he would go to the DMV and pass his test. He was legally blind in one eye, and limited vision in the other. He has Life Alert, but doesn't always have the button with him.

Jana, that is a lot of snow. I bet they were busy, busy, busy.

Mary, that's a lot of yoyo's. I haven't worked on my embroidery since last month. I've been doing applique instead.

We go out for a late lunch today. I need to decide where I wan't to go eat. No dinner, I have a guild board meeting tonight.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:38 am

Hello everyone a cloudy day here after 72 yesterday I enjoyed my walk

Been a busy morning God CAs Dr visit drug store groceries & stopped at Subway At least I won’t have to go out tomorrow Denise & Mark get here about lunch time

Maryz We are amazed how fast the bAbies are growing Yes I loved my walk after missing so much And it was 72
You never run out of projects I keep one beside my chair

Jana I’m sure you are a wonderful teacher
My Dad & Mom were both hard workers & I take after themPlus I grew up with 3 DBs

Tina CAs Dr told him years ago He was an accident waiting to happen Plus he told him He didn’t want to be responsible for a wreck or wiping out a family He stopped then which was 23 yrs ago It’s not worth it Can you hide the key

Lori Enjoy your guild meeting & eating out

I put a load of clothes in Need to package my meat too And get house in order & dress DDs bed

Since we ate out it will be light Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Unfortunately my parents think things don't apply to them. We went through this with Mom and now looks like we will with Dad too. He has at least 5 vehicles and I don't even know where he keeps all the keys. I'm sure if he couldn't find his keys that my brother would even loan him one of his vehicles. It just causes me stress.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”