Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 am

Good morning,

We are 36* and drizzly this morning but will soar all the way up to 43* with some sun! Whoo Hoo! Today is my beautiful DD#1's (Lara) 48th birthday. I've sent her a package, a card, a check, and two texts. I'll call her, too, in a while.

You know, for some reason, I was thinking the big game started at noon our time yesterday. I even checked it twice! Bill said that was probably all the pre-game stuff I was looking at. So we went to our Super Bowl party at 12:30, visited, ate, met new people, toured the yard, green house, and tree house and the game STILL wasn't on! lol! I realized if we stayed for the entire game we wouldn't get home until about 8pm! We finally left and got home in time to watch it here, in front of the wood stove and our big screen. I was rooting for SF but not enough to be terribly disappointed when KC won.

In between the party and the game I put together a kit for a wall hanging to take in the trailer. I put a photo of it in my post in today's sew-in. It's a fox. I have a thing for foxes as we have an Arctic Fox fifth-wheel. It will be a good, small project to work on when we're camping or traveling. Speaking of camping, we are still hoping we'll be able to get our trailer out for Valentine week. I think the hard, gully-washing rains are over but the ground is so saturated that the water level is going down very slowly. We also made rezzies to join friends for a week in March at Cape Disappointment St. Pk, at the mouth of the Columbia, where Lewis and Clark spent their long, miserable winter. It's a beautiful park right on the beach (in fact, 2 yrs ago part of it washed away!). Our friends are staying 9 nights. We'll only be there for 4.

Short Vicki report: Yesterday morning her son took her out for about 1-1/2 hrs. After he dropped her off she got a big stick and started beating on the outside of her house (the side that faces us). She has been beating on the inside a lot, too. We hear it and can see her through the window. Maybe she's trying to scare off the rats . . . . Wonder where they'd go. . . . :shock: :x :roll:

BECKY - I never used to like football, but now I love it. Not sure what happened but I think the year the Seahawks went to the Superbowl and WON kind of turned me around. I started to take notice. Now I'll watch any game but think high school would be fun! Good idea to disinfect the house. I hope everyone is up and running at full speed now after your week or two of sick!

TINA - Was dad able to get up by himself? A Life Alert necklace is a very good idea. IF he'll agree to wear it. Also, my dad placed seats - old chairs, a block of wood, etc - all around his property so he could sit down and rest from time to time. I'm sure it saved him from many a fall. So nice that your nephew and his wife were so appreciative of all the trouble and expense you went to on their behalf. I love a good excuse to have a big dinner, but they can be exhausting.

JANA - what?? Michael frowned on your jersey at church?? I bet you weren't the only one tempted to go "in uniform"! Sorry your team didn't win. I thought they had it until the last few minutes. I was rooting for them!

BECCA - sending prayers along with Hadlee as she gets her check-up today!

IRISH - Did you watch the game? And how is your sister doing? Yesterday someone told us about their friend who had a new hip or knee and went home the same day! Nick should be in England by now. Modern times are amazing aren't they! Any news on the house? Did the owner of the new house you are interested in know how interested you are?

We still have our chicken soup leftovers for tonite. I think I'll make us salads to have early and let our soup heat in a pan on top of the wood stove while we watch news tonite. I would love some more of those crusty french rolls we had the other night but we're trying to not each much bread, so we'll skip those.

What are you serving up for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 3rd

Post by Becca » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:19 am

Hello everyone sunny here going for Hi 60s today

Maryz Thanks I too pray little Hadlee gets a good report They will not do surgery unless she has heart issues They had the1 st appt today They are both up to 12 lbs
Glad you got to enjoy the game at Home
All my 3 DBs all played football so we went to every game I loved it Plus lots of our grands played & 1 played at College
I always pull for the underdog if it’s not my team
I love your cute Fox We had one pass thru a couple days ago right at dusk
The deers come too regularly I caught them munching on my Azaleas
You wonder what is in Vickys mind to beat on the house Sad situation

JanaHope you didn’t get snowed under
And Aaron is ok

I may get to walk today after missing so much I’m making Sautéed Chicken breast over rice Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:32 am

Good morning! There was no joy for me in Mudville last night when mighty KC scored two TDs in the late 4th quarter. DS3 had a party, and I got booed when I walked in sporting 49er sparkly shirt. Everyone else were KC fans. My DD texted me a “sorry for your loss” message after the game. Oh well! It was still a good game, and the “local” home team won. There were tons of good food and time spent with friends and family—not a bad evening at all!

Jana—I didn’t see if your jersey arrived on time, and I thought of you last night. Are you wearing a black arm band today?

Our weather yesterday was beautiful! We hit 73 degrees! Today will be in the upper 60s, and I plan to spend as much time outside as I can again today. Yesterday I took Timi some treats. She has a bad foot and is limping. I took her apples and range cubes in my back pack. First I had to give range cubes and apples to Pocket Lint and Blondie as they were standing at the gate with their calves begging for their goodies. I have some spoiled babies! We still just have the two calves this spring so far. Hopefully the other cows will wait until at least March.

Mary—your camping plans sound delightful! Hope your weather holds and you can go. Our ground is saturated here, too.

Tina—my mom wore a life alert necklace for 25 years. I have a friend who is younger than I am and lives alone. She has had one since she retired. So glad everyone appreciated all your work for the big dinner!

Becca—you are enjoying our wonderful weather, too! It’s so delightful. I’ve seen almost 90 in February and 20 below zero in February. I think that is why it is Fickle February. Enjoy your walk! I’ll be taking range cubes and apples to Timi out in the pasture today, too.

Dinner tonight… I think I can find some leftovers and a salad for me. Don’t want to spend time in the kitchen when I can be out in the pastures! I think I retired and got put out to pasture—but I don’t want to be anywhere else! I’ll also be walking Ava and Choc today.

Bon appétit!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:37 am

Jana--I thought of you when the Highlander commercial was on the game. Too funny! Love that it has AWD! Hopefully my next vehicle will have it as well.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 am

Good morning!!!!
That was a good game last night! Frankie was for the Chiefs so that was who I was rooting for and let me tell you I was rooting! LOL if I'm going to watch and root for a team than I go all out 🤣😂🥳🎉🎉 I'm over here yaying and yelling run run run and Frankie just watches 🤣😂
Mom and Dad tried Life Alert for Mom and it didn't work where they live, not due if it works in certain areas or not but at their property here it didn't.
Dad did get himself up, he wasn't in his yard, he was on the right of way for the state access because he went up to the road to get his mail. He said if he would've been 10 feet closer he could've grabbed his fence.... but after looking yesterday he probably would've been worse because he had cinder blocks along his fence because the dogs were digging there last year. He looks like he had road rash.
I'm sewing today, no kids.
Supper tonight is any and all leftovers that address in the fridge.
Tina

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 am

Good morning ladies.
This is supposed to be a beautiful day today, as it was yesterday. They say we will get freezing rain and/or snow for tomorrow and Wednesday.....I guess it is February, but I like the weather on the nice side! Seems like it has been a very long winter.
Mary, as kids, we always went to the home high school football games with my dad. He was a big fan, and he preferred high school, then college teams. He wasn't one for the professional teams, so I grew up with it, and it doesn't bother me to watch, but then, I am usually doing a bunch of other things while it is on. JR used to watch baseball a lot, but he didn't care for them when they went on strike. He really doesn't even listen anymore, although he is a Cardinal fan, he just doesn't follow as closely as he did. Anyway, we did hear the score, as my DBIL called, quite upset that our "home state team" won over his 49-ers....., he is too funny....
Jana, glad your jersey came. Too bad Michael wouldn't let you wear it to church though. Maybe you needed a bigger dress, so you could wear it under! HA.
Chickie, you stay too busy for me....I am finishing up the first Angel cross stitch, I am doing the 4 seasons. This one is the Angel of Winter, it is Ericka's. It is the first time I have done any beading at all, and it has quite a few! I think it looks ok, but some of my beads are on there perfectly, so not sure how to fix that, but it is interesting. Not interesting enough to do a lot of it, but perhaps that is what making it look better will be.....also finishing up some 9 patches to cut apart to do the D9P.....maybe will take that one over to do the quilting on myself, but really think I should start with a baby quilt or two....
Glad to hear your twins are doing well Becca. Prayers for them still, hope Hadlee doesn't need the surgery. I had a great niece born a few years ago whose name is Hadlee. Quite cute.
Well, have a bunch to do today, so best get at it....We still have the chicken to do something with. Didn't have it last night, DD brought home some stuff to make steak taco bowls. It was pretty good, but we had at least one that really didn't care for it. I will have her write down the recipe for it though, JR did like it, and I am sure he would like it with chicken too.....I need to practice with rice though, I seem to burn mine a lot, and I noticed that Shannon's was just slightly scorched too. She left the pans for me....HAHAHA
Tina, you snuck in there! Enjoy your day!
You all have a great day! Becky

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 am

Good morning!

I will be nice about the loss yesterday. Very tired of the Zebras messing up calls. It was a great game and glad that Andy Reid got his win. He has Utah and BYU ties and is a member of the church, so can't be too upset. There is next year!

Snow day here declared by the schools. Ethan is happy! We barely have enough snow on the ground to cover the grass blades! But on the other side of the valley, they are getting slammed. Aaron is currently dealing with more than 93 accidents! He will be busy all morning.

Mary - yes, the canyons across the valley are the Wasatch range. I am up against the Oquirrh mountains - a short range that runs a few miles south of us to the great Salt Lake. But they are every bit as high as the Wasatch. 10,000 to 12000 feet.

Chickie - still was a good game. I like being put out to pasture as well!

Becky - I am a huge baseball fan too - SFGiants. My Daniel is a Cardinal fan - makes for fun here when they play each other.

Becca - prayers for good reports in the babies - they have earned a break in any more procedures!

Dinner - probably a meatloaf sandwich and bowl of soup.

Well, the accident count is now over 100. Parleys Summit is closed to semis. Mostly slide offs, which makes Aaron get wet, going out to hook up his cables to drag the cars back on to the road.

Yesterday I was asked to teach Relief Society. This will be a one Sunday a month lesson to the adult women in the Ward. Teaching adults is not one of my favorite things, but I will do it. Give me a Sunday School class full of rowdy 15 year old boys - that makes me happy! I love Relief Society - where we learn and create, and make friends, but would rather be in the back row, than teaching in front!

Well, Ethan will be here shortly, he is not always quiet and his Dad is working from home, so he will be noisy here!

Enjoy,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:33 am

Maryz, maybe Vicki is trying to rid her house of spirits....or rats.

Tina, your poor dad is having a hard time. As my FIL says, the golden years are so golden. He's 93.

Jana, I bet Ethan is so excited to have a day off with grandma. Enjoy. Driving is a challenge up there. Hope people slow down or stay home.

Chickie, we had 2 days of summer weather in the 80's on Friday and Saturday. Today we are back down to the low 60's for our high. Then tomorrow our low will be 36. I don't know if I should get out my shorts or sweaters.

I turned on the game about 5 minutes before it was over. I was talking to my DS on the phone and just had it on in the background. KC really went to town those last few minutes. I thought the 49's were going to win until then.

Dinner...Hm? I just don't know yet. Maybe teriyaki chicken, rice and fresh veggies. We shall see.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”