Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:48 am

Good morning!

We are really wet this morning! But we were dry yesterday and even had some blue skies. So now we are paying our dues for that, I guess.

Yesterday was uglies - vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, polishing, straightening up. Chiropractor and finally some sewing. We met friends at 3:30 for early happy hour and that was pretty much our day. This morning I hope to finish the last 2 CCC blocks before we go to other friends for lunch and cribbage. We've been very popular the last couple of weeks. lol! Our friends said they finally had to go buy a new washer and dryer. Seems the ones they bought when they got married didn't quite make it to their 50th anniversary, a mere 2 yrs away. They researched and seems Speed Queens are making a comeback with an expected life of at least 20 years rather than the 8 years most appliances are getting these days. A nice nugget to tuck into the "Remember This" compartment of my brain. Our Maytags are about 27 yrs old.

CAROL - seems a lot of our QIAD buddies were at Road. Glad you had such a good time. I'm even more glad to hear your kitty is doing better. How old is she? Name? I think a lot of cats have renal problems. They even have special food for cats with renal issues. Our Riley also had kidney failure and she lived to be 19 yrs old. Old enough to drive and vote!

LORI - I'm trying to envision applique tools: fusible and machine, freezer paper, needles, thread, thimble, pins, little scissors. That's all I can come up with. I guess I better Google Appliquick. I'm just curious.

IRISH - sorry you were sleepless in PA last night. That was me the night before. I finally took an IBU-PM about 8:30 last night and slept for 9 hours. I feel good this morning. We, too, are soggy and chilly. It's getting old. But yesterday was a nice break and there were lots of birds chirping their happiness over it! Happy to hear your sis is doing so well. You two will be into trouble again before you know it! Sad to think of Nick off to England, but there's so many worse places he could be, so I guess I'm happy for him. And maybe you can go visit!

And now to the food portion of food food portion of the forum. Yes, Bill does get kudos for eating what I put in front of him. He deserves a good meal for "all he's been through". We'll be at friends for lunch and we're having pizza there so I'm thinking we won't be hungry for supper tonite - maybe cheese and crackers or a small salad. But tomorrow, I'm going to "do him a solid" and make either pork roast, baked chicken, pork chops, or lasagna. HIS choice.

What's YOUR choice going to be tonite?

FarmChick

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 28

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 am

Good morning! Yep, I’ve been AWOL—life just gets in the way and interruptions don’t let me get to my computer. I’ve been walking the pastures looking for new calves as DS1 is out of town for several days. We still just have Blondie and her little smoke colored baby and #23 with her little black calf. There are several cows “getting ready”. I’m going to go check before it starts raining today. We had a couple of glorious days—sunny and warm! The ground is so wet that I have to wear my black rubber boots, and sometimes they get stuck and almost sucked off my feet! The poor cows have mud up past their knees! And… supposed to rain today again.

I finished the baby quilt, bibs, burp cloths, teething bandana bibs, and a changing pad for the #2 expected great grandson. I’m ready to start #3… Did I tell you that we are expecting THREE great grandbabies in 2020?! It’s pretty exciting. When I find out colors for #3, I’ll get started. They don’t plan to know the sex until birth, so it will be somewhat neutral. Meanwhile, my sewing room requires some cleaning, sorting and storing…

Lori—I watched a YouTube on Appliquick. It was very interesting. Is the “paper” left inside? I couldn’t quite figure that part out. I was thinking that one tool looked like an old fondue fork and the points looked like knitting needles or stilettos. The little beveled tool might have to be “made”. The tools definitely made everything look easier and less messy. I’ve generally used freezer paper and basted the edges sometimes.

Mary—still thinking about the dill pickle soup! It wouldn’t fly with anyone here except me, but I’m sure I would love it! I miss my Maytags! (They were lost in the fire, and now I have some cheapie Kenmores.)

Becca—what a find about your family history! I love reading stories like that! I need to get back with my Ancestry searches.

Irish—So sorry you have difficulty sleeping! I hate feeling drugged the next day! Great news from your sister’s surgery! Know you are really enjoying Nick! Wow, 2 years!!! Hugs to you!!! Must look up French style pizza…

Jana—how is the new quilter doing? Such fun to have a playmate!

Carol—did you get a Handi-Quilter? Sounds like you had a super time! I would play all day there!

Dinner tonight—all leftovers have been cleaned up. I have to cook. Sigh! I’ll go raid the freezer and come up with something that shall remain anonymous to protect Mary, but the rest of you know what the origins of it will be…

Need to get busy here… Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 am

Mary, your CCC will be so pretty. I see you wanted to do Monday again. Just not enough time in a day? lol You are putting it together quickly.

Chickie, the paper is actually a very light weight fusible. I tried it out and made a perfect circle in about a minute. I'll have to try out a project and wash it to see if I'm going to be okay with the fusible left inside.
I usually do the Kim Diehl method with freezer paper. You reverse the freezer paper and iron the edge to it. I pull out the freezer paper before the last few stitches.

I worked on a few Granny's Garden blocks last night. I did a big cleaning in the front room yesterday. Today I need to wash the sheets and vacuum and dust the rest of the house.

For dinner.....no sure yet. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:24 am

Good morning!

Mary - Monday? I can have a redo of yesterday, it was quiet here. I loved my Maytag. The washer was still running when we moved here, it would about 32 years old, but I had kids living here and would overload it and bent the drum. So when they moved out, I got my new Samsungs.

Chickie - seems early for calves- fun looking for them. I have gotten my shoe stuck in the mud and it would not come free - stuck there forever! I walked around one shoe, one sock the rest of the day.

Not much here - uglies here are caught up. Maybe I can be productive down in the Batt Cave. Seems like I have just been spinning my wheels down there.

Dinner - polenta with marinara with pink cat food thingys. Sort of in the mood to make scratch marinara sauce - it's not hard.

Enjoy!
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:31 am

Jana, pink cat food thingy sounds good. Lol
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”