Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:06 am

Good morning!

Yesterday started out rainy but dried up about 10:00am. Still cloudy, but we were happy to take it and got in a long walk. Today - more big rain. We do see a sunny window coming the second week of February! About the time we'll be wanting to get our trailer out to go to the ocean. Hopefully some of the mucky back yard will be improved by then and we won't spend our anniversary stuck in the back yard!

I'm halfway through the 20 blocks needed for my CCC. Whew! I get about 3 done per day. The sashing is three strips (red/white/red) with 3-1/2" 9-patches for cornerstones. So even when the blocks get finished, there's still lots of work to be done. I did get the binding and label on the Scrappy Stars quilt and it's all bagged up and ready to give to my neighbor/walking buddy. Can't wait to do that!

Today - maybe a few more blocks, but we plan to watch the pro-ball football game at noon so there won't be a lot of sewing time.

BECCA - Well, I don't know if we'll like the dill pickle soup either, but it's intriguing me and I'm just plain curious. Apparently, there are several recipes out there for it! Who knew!? Sorry you aren't feeling well. It's been my experience that UTI's don't go away on their own, so a dr appt might be in you near future. But I think this isn't your first UTI rodeo so I know you know the drill.

IRiSH - I think I already did post a photo of my Scrappy Stars quilt over in PHOTOS. Sorry the rain and gloom are hitting you, too. At least our temps are in mid to upper 40's with some 50's thrown in. Saturday was positively mild if wet! Nice of you to loan Nick your car. I bet his leave is going all too fast for you. Sweet to donate blankets to the animal shelter. I, too, stay out of the shelter. I would cry all day at the sight of animals in cages begging for someone to love them. And I'd be bringing everybody home with me! My sister used to foster litters of kittens for her shelter. But she ended up keeping at least one kitty from each litter. When the tail count at her house got to four, my DBIL called the shelter and quit her volunteering job! lol!

TINA - glad Dad is home but sorry he's in so much pain. The cost of meds is terrible. And it's always the meds that people really need. Big Pharma is all about making Big Pharma richer. A pet peeve of mine. I know Trump is trying to get prices lowered but not sure how much success he is having in that endeavor. 33 yrs ago, one of Roy's heart meds was $760/month (and he had no insurance!), but the hospital pharmacy where I worked gave it to us for $36/month. He needed that med to survive.

Well, today's the day! I'm going to try that dill pickle soup recipe. Really - how bad can it be? We like dill pickles! But like I said before - I do have Plans 'B' and 'C' waiting in the wings. lol!

What's waiting for you tonite?

FavoriteGrandma

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 26

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 am

Good morning ladies.
The day looks pretty out there, but JR says it is really cold. Think I will just stay in. HA...
Mary, I love dill pickles, but that soup really doesn't sound very good to me. Good to have a plan B & C...
Hope your neighbor loves the quilt, but I am sure she will. It looks very nice, and if mom started it, well, that would have to be special! I will have to look up that CCC again. I saw several when you started talking about it.
Irish, enjoy your time with Nick. I am sure it will go quick.....
Tina, so sorry to hear your dad is in pain. I am with you on the med prices. Rediculous prices, for sure. And for those elderly on SS.....well, it just makes me angry too......Hope he starts to feel better. Our little GS had shingles this past fall. I was surprised, as he was so young, but I guess it doesn't matter. I had always heard of it in the elderly before. He had it down his side.
Well, since I am not going out, I probably need to find a chore to get done, then work on my cross stitch some more.....I am in the final stretches of it, but will probably still take a lot of time.
I put a pork loin in the crockpot this morning. I will probably take a vote later, scalloped potatoes or mashed to go with it. And some sort of veggie.....usually, whichever grand picks will have to make a big show to eat it....JR told me on the sly several years ago, that he seen what I was doing there.....so far, none of the baby brats have said anything about it! Have a great day....Becky

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:38 am

Maryz, can't wait to see your CCC. I didn't buy the pattern, but it's still on my list. I really loved that one. So Pickle soup huh? That should be interesting. Bill probably wouldn't like it, so I'll just have to hear about it.

Becky, scalloped or mashed would be a hard choice for me. I think I'd say both. lol I love me some potatoes.

Well I went back to the quilt show yesterday and bought some more things. Just a few. I want to try the Appliquick method of applique, so I bought what I needed. I'm looking for the best applique to fit me.
I've tried many methods. I need to clean a little this morning after our walk in the park with the boys.
they I plan on sewing. I think I might need to organize a little bit first.

Tina, so sorry to hear about all that is going on with your dad. That must be hard for you and him. Hugs

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:06 am

Hello everyone a cloudy cold day

Maryz Yes it does usually require a RX but I hope not Just tell me on the soup I love soup but that sounds icky
Sure the neighbors will be happy

Tina Sure sorry t hear about your Dad Don’t get me going on med prices One CA takes is over the top ridiculous Prayers it gets better soon

Becky Stay warm I love doing handwork in the Winter
I think either potatoes sounds good

Lori Your Pattern for DSs quilt is perfect for a guy All that emboidery will be pretty
Do you machine or by hand Mine is hand work

We have leftovers so no cooking Nothing new here Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 am

Becca, by hand. It keeps me out of trouble.

For dinner I think we'll have Chili tonight. Easy.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”