Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:22 am

Good Rainy Morning!

It may be wet, wet, WET, but at least we're gaining daylight with every rainy day! And the groundhog is waiting, just around the corner - he may have good news for us!

Yesterday was sewing, chiro, groceries, and then DH and DDog met me for for a long and steep walk. Ugh. But I always feel better afterward. Then our friends texted us, asking us to join them for early dinner at Mexican restaurant here - Puerto Vallarta or "P.V." to us locals. So no pickle soup for Bill! And our dinners were so huge we brought home 2/3 of our meals. So no cooking tonight either!

IN sewing, I got a few more Christmas Country Charmer blocks finished (from now on, I'm calling them CCC blocks, OK?) and Bill finished quilting Scrappy Stars. So I'll trim, bind, and label that today. My neighbors will be home today or tomorrow from a month in AZ & So Cal and I can give it to them. It's the one that his mom did all the cutting and then passed away 5 yrs ago. She gave me the pattern and fabric pieces. I had to supplement a bit with a few fabrics from my stash and scrap pile but it turned out bright and happy. I think they will be pleased. They have no idea I was planning all along to do this for them. The label will reflect that it was started by "Mom".

BECCA - hope your yesterday turned out just how you wanted - slow and easy. With more of the same today.

CHICKIE - glad you finally found us! lol! Sorry about your weather. It's hard to picture Kansas as gloomy. I do like an occasional gloomy, stormy day. Purrfect to sit in front of the fire with a hot drink, a purring cat, and good book. But I'm ready for some sunshine, too! I'd probably give your vegetarian sushi a try unless you put seaweed in there. That tastes just as fishy as fish does, to me.

BECKY - with all that snow, I guess you will have a sew day! The lemonade of bad weather lemons. Get it? When Thor, god of thunder, sends you lemons, you make lemonade! Oh well. It's early. I'm much more clever after my second cup of coffee!

JANA - is it ALL pickles or just dills? I love them all, but I think bread & butters are my favorites. I won't give Sarah this soup recipe - unless I can find her e-mail address! Bwa-ha-ha! :twisted: I'll be rooting for your Niners on Super Bowl Sunday. But I'll be wearing my best glittery Seahawk shirt and earrings when I do! Sadly, I don't know any famous football players though I did dance once, for a member of the Cleveland Browns team. A lifetime ago. And Joe Namath's sister and my sister were friends and neighbors. Another lifetime ago. But if I were going to pick a player to meet up with, it would be the Seahawks' Tyler Lockett.

LORI - don't tell Cindy, but I really prefer smaller shows than Houston. It is just too overwhelming. Even the things I did manage to see I only had time for a cursory glance before the wave of people swept me further on down the aisle! lol! I hope you go back on Sunday so you can go at your own pace. It would be awful if you missed something!

TINA's dad came home from the hospital yesterday. He has been diagnosed with A-fib, glaucoma, and shingles.

So, if you're still with me, you know we're having Mexican leftovers tonite, so Bill got a reprieve from PIckle soup. I do have salad makings to add to our enchiladas. So supper is in the bag for tonight. Or maybe I should say it's in the box, which is in the bag. ;)

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Jan 25

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 am

Hello everyone cloudy here after a rainy day yesterday

Maryz I never heard of pickle soup Goggled it to find recipe Barf I could not eat that I like B& B pickles & sweet pickles I used to make B& B every year but not anymore
Sure the neighbors will love the quilt

I did have a slower day due to a UTI I have been fighting it all week Guess if it’s still around I’ll go to Dr next week

Tina Prayers for your Dad & You So hard when parents teach that age

I’m making chicken pie & cole slaw Becca
Been doing hand emboidery to keep busy
Happy eating to all

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:24 am

Good afternoon from a very wet, soggy, dreary, SW. Pa....Not real cold but yucky......

So Mary, you aren't the only one having the rain but it's OK, I have a warm, cozy house and no plans to venture outside....And, I think I've noticed the days being a minute or 2 longer...Sure would help if we had sun, then for sure I'd notice, lol....Your neighbors are going to be thrilled to death with that quilt....Especially since they really have no idea what you're doing...Would love to see their faces when you give it to them.....You will post a picture afterwards, right?

Becca, sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par...Best to get to the doctor before too long...But, of course if you're like me, you'll wait and "take care of it" by yourself, lol...Your dinner is sounding so yummy....
And I agree about the "pickle soup", don't think I could force that down and I'm a soup person....I do like the B&B pickles and Kathy has been making them the last couple of years, sooo good....Isn't it funny, how we used to can and do so many things that we don't do any more..lol....

Not much happening in my neighborhood, everyone is staying inside...Will probably be seeing Nick sometime today...He has my car but I did tell him to keep it as long as he wanted, I have no plans...He, Terry and Theresa were to go to a neighboring town for some sort of ice exhibit but not sure if it's been cancelled with the rain....
I have been going through all the receipts, instruction booklets, etc. that will be of use when and if someone buys the house....Jim was very good about keeping things and it's been quite interesting looking at all these things....I called one of my "cat loving" neighbors and asked if she'd like blankets etc. for the shelter she volunteers at...When Nick has time, I'll have him help me load the car and we'll deliver these 3 garbage bags full...She has a fur baby who is 18 years old who she told me, she heats a towel in the dryer a couple times a day for "Snowy" to lay on so I'll give her my Snuggle Safe, to keep him warm...She wants me to start volunteering with her but I know it would just lead to me bringing a bunch of fur babies home and I just can't do it...Besides, Baby Girl might not like the competition....

Just doing little uglies, sure not exerting myself....
As for dinner, I think left overs are in order or if Nick shows up, maybe we'll order a pizza....

You all have a great day.....

Happy eating..............

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't been checking in much, I've been trying to read but keep getting interrupted.
Thank you Mary for letting everyone know that Dad is home ❤ just breaks my heart to see him in so much pain 💔 the shingles is in his hair, on his forehead, down the left side of his face and it looks like in his left eye where he has the glaucoma.
We had quite the ordeal getting his antiviral for the shingles, we went to Walgreens and they wanted $441 for it and I found a coupon that would make it $29 but was told they didn't accept that one but if I wanted to Google more there's coupons out there that they'd accept. Ugh I got so frustrated, Dad's in the back seat in pain and upset that it's so expensive and he was sick feeling and he couldn't afford it. So I went to the Walmart up the street and told them what happened and she ran the coupon and said they accepted it but instead of the $27 the coupon showed it would be $331. Dad couldn't afford that either so the pharmacist said to wait a minute and she'd check what it would be through GoodRx. It took her about 5 minutes and said it would be $31 and change so we happily paid that. I just don't understand why they don't just offer the best price in the first place! Most people can't afford the first 2 prices and especially elderly people on social security. To make the choice for most it would be: do I buy this and do without food and/ or utilities for the month or just do without the prescription..... it's just not right!
We ate a late lunch today with the kids and grands and so we didn't eat anything else for supper....I lied we shared an apple LOL. I'm doing my best to stay awake till 10 LOL I was falling asleep at 8!
We can always use rain here ❤❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”