Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 am

[url[/url]]Good morning!

Happy New Week! Kind of a quiet weekend here. I sewed a lot, working on swap blocks, mostly. Yesterday I forgot we were going to a brunch in Tacoma with Bill's family (which was very close to Joann's! :D ) so with travel time, that took up 3 hours of the day. Got home in time to park our hineys in front of the TV and watch the two playoff football games. I wasn't happy doing it, but I rooted for Jana's Niners. And they did it! They will be playing the K.C. Chiefs in the super bowl.

Today - sewing, chiropractor, walking, and then to Port Orchard with Bill mid-afternoon for his dr appt. For people who don't do a lot we sure are busy all the time!

TINA - I've put our requests from friends & family in 10 other states plus WA, D.C. for post cards. I hope they all get mailed before the deadline next weekend! I'm anxious to hear how many cards "we've" collected!

JANA - you should post a photo of you in your new Niner Finery when it arrives! Glad Stu got rid of his old car. Did he donate it? Sometimes, it's worth taking a financial hit just to be rid of the headache. That's how we're feeling about Uncle Ernie's house. Hoping it's off our hands by the end of the month for only half our original asking price.

BECKY - do you do your own quilting or send your quilts out?

BECCA - sounds like your weekend was pretty quiet. Nice to have a break in the action, sometimes.

Because of unexpected things happening - invite to happy hour on Sat and a late brunch on Sun - I haven't made supper since last Friday, even though I posted supper ideas. Just never got to them. So tonite - jambalaya with saute'd or roasted broccili and cauliflower on the side. Unless something else happens! We won't be getting home from Bill's appointment until 5pm~ish so it may end up being tomato soup and grilled cheese. (which is actually one of his faves so it might be that anyway!)

I hope you are more decided than I am!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 20th

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here but in the teens
Mush ice is everywhere

Maryz It was quiet but much needed It was cold &good to be inside I kept busy with handwork & Keeping up with our busy family

Our little Twins are now both almost 11 lbs
Brodee is in size 1 yr diapers & Hadlee new born Both are growing & look healthy
Such a blessing
And our DGD is activating her bakery this week so it’s been busy with everyone getting ready

And DS Marty was here at 8this morning
And he brings tons of treats from His Friend so I had to take care of all that
He will be here for Dinner & spend the night Life is never dull here on the funny farm
I am having Lasagna & salad Lots of goodies Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:15 am

Becca, so good to hear the babies are doing well.

Maryz, never a dull moment at your house. You always have places to go and people to see.

Tina, thanks for the info on the dog seizures.

Tonight I'm going to make ham & potato soup. I made it last month and it was a winner. It's a little cool today, so it will be perfect. Maybe I'll get a loaf of fresh bread to go with it. Last night we had pasta with homemade sauce and garlic bread. It was quite delicious.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:19 am

Good afternoon from a semi sunny but very, very cold, SW. Pa...We even had a little snow and I've had enough, time for spring.....A friend keeps telling me how many more Mondays till spring and right now, my brain is frozen and I can't even remember what she told me.....

Mary, I do think you and Bill are the busiest unbusy people I know...Most of us can't keep up with your comings and goings.....My yesterday sports watching turned out pretty good...My Penguins were on early and won, then Kansas City and then the 49ers...And better yet, our buddy, Joe Montana, at one time had played for both those teams..

Becca, my heavens those babies are getting big...They are big miracles now, aren't they? It does sound like you are as busy as ever, but in a nice kind of busy way....I really don't cook but if one of the kids come by, I go all out and really enjoy it....Hoping I get my hands on Nick when he gets home, lol....

Jana, I'm sure you were celebrating in your household...For sure, we'd love to see your new duds when they come....

Chickie, hope you haven't gotten blown away or lost in a snow drift...If your birds are anything like mine, I'm going to have to get a job just to support them....But, I could spend hours just watching them...I now have 2 pair of cardinals here all the time plus the woodpeckers that look so funny hanging upside down while eating....Also have 2 grey squirrels who sit and look at the feeder and can't figure out how to reach it....Even Baby Girl wants to watch out the window at the frenzy....

Not much happening in my neighborhood today, nice and quiet...All the kids are the block are home schooled so for sure everyone is home....I did have a gal friend stop over and bring me the last of the Teddy bears she had made from Jim's flannel shirts...She laughed when she handed me the last one and said, "she knew this was Jim's"...It had a paint stain on the front and she made sure, she was able to keep it on the front of the bear...That bear will be mine, for sure...We had a long conversation about growing old...Both her parents are in a memory care home with dementia and I feel so bad for her, know exactly what she's going through.....
I'm back to doing paper work for the house and then tomorrow, will need to stop at the bank...This is a whole new territory for me, hate doing it alone.....Jim and I always talked about that single level home, just never got around to getting it...What do they say about, not putting off..........

Yesterday, I made a pot of veggie/beef soup and have an idea, I'll be eating it for lunch or dinner for a few days.....That and a salad, sounds good to me.....

You all have a great day, stay warm, please stay safe.....

Happy eating................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:03 am

Good morning!

At least for a couple of more minutes. Been getting the kitchen back from be8ng shamble-ized. Michael is gathering all the trash cans in the house to dump them all. Then I can finish the island counter wipe down.

No idea on what's for dinner. A couple of ribs are left, a bit of macaroni salad a a piece of chicken. We won't starve. Oh, spinach dip too. Michael has been nibbling on that already.

My jersey is supposed to be here by the 31st - the game is two days later - better make it!

About time to head downstairs to the Batt Cave. We are cold, 32, but so far no snow yet. Snow isn't too bad if it comes a little at a time.

Lori - my Aunt had a giant poodle that would have seizures if we played to long with him. When that happened, we just grabbed a lunch bag and put it over his nose as he breathed into it. Worked every time. He was a very sweet dog.

Enjoy,
Jana

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:44 am

Good afternoon! I am the taxi driver, returned home. It is snowy and icy out. I hate to even go out then, but Brytt would have been most unhappy! If it doesn't stop soon, I am guessing that they will cancel school again tomorrow. I think they said 80% of the bus route is on gravel, and it is sure treacherous.
I would like those impromptu outings, if it wasn't snowy, Miss Mary! I mostly send my quilts out for machine quilting. I am looking at quilting machine, mostly trying to justify the cost. Ha....but, this lady has 3, I think, always set up at her shop. She does machine quilting, and will help you with yours for half the cost. She also sells the machine. Has a nice quilt shop. I am thinking I will try that for a few of them, so that I can see if I will even like to do it. What I practiced on her machine, I thought looked pretty decent, with not ever trying it before. It was just free hand, but it has a place for patterns and the laser follows it also...Maybe try to get a few baby quilts done, so I can go try it....
So glad to hear the babies are doing well, Becca...They sure have been through a lot, so far.
Good to hear that your team is going to the Super Bowl, Jana....I don't usually watch the games, but one of Shannon's friends called last night, she was full of excitement, apparently she is a Chief's fan. Who knew??? Ha.
So, I take it that you liked the house by your sister's, Irish? Hope it all works out for you. I should start cleaning out all my closets and drawers too, you never know. I know my daughter would pitch everything, so have to make sure the two older grands know about everything....they will fight her on that!
Lori, we had a little dog that had seizures too. She didn't have them often, but she sure was upset when she did.
So, tonight, I think I am just making a pasta of some sort. Just can't decide if we want chicken or hamburger in it.....Hummmmm, decisions, decisions.....Have a great day....Becky

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Good afternoon! We are sunny and chilly here. The hooligans and I walked Ava and Choc. Ava wore her little red coat. She looks like little red doggyhood.

Yesterday we had our first calf of the season. We went out on the ATV to check cows, and somehow Boomer tangled with “something”. He got a buggered nose and is limping. He stayed in one chair all last night and this morning, but he made a valiant effort and went the whole two miles walking the dogs today. He won’t let us touch his foot to find out what is bothering him. He’s a trooper, and I’m sure he will be better soon.

Well… talk about mixed feelings!!! I watched the Chiefs win yesterday while sewing. They are the local favorite in these parts. But, my heart belongs to my hometown. I have a sparkly, rhinestone logo 49ers shirt. I used to have more things in my former life (before fire).

Becca—everything was frozen here earlier. We are still below freezing, but the sun is thawing things a bit. I think it was 16 degrees. How the little twins are growing!!! It’s so exciting to hear how they are developing and healthy!

I don’t think I’ve been here since we got more news! Now we will become great grandparents THREE times in 2020! Friday evening Ava and her mommy and daddy came down and gave us the news. They stayed for burgers. DH is going to deed them 10 acres or so, and they are going to start building at the other end of the farm where they have the mobile home now. It’s where our old house was, where DGS’s dad grew up, and where DGS spent many happy days with DH’s late wife as his babysitter. It’s a perfect location for the fourth generation!

Lori—we love potato soup! I made it last week. I’ve never added ham. Sounds like a great soup! Do you make your own pasta?

Irish—I’m still here! We missed all the really nasty weather. Again, it went north and south of us leaving our little oasis. I will always remember Joe Montana playing for both the 49ers and the Chiefs—and that he was a great friend of Chris’. Joe and Jerry Rice were magic! I’ve been pouring the seed out for our birds. We have loads of cardinals as well as woodpeckers, nuthatches, titmice, chickadees, finches and many types of sparrows. We also have the occasional blue jay and 2 fat squirrels. My cats used to love to watch the feeding frenzy outside the patio doors! I love the sentiment of the paint spotted shirt and how your friend incorporated it on the front of the bear!

Jana—I hope your new duds arrive on time!!! I could send you my shirt, but what would I wear?!!

Becky—I saw on the radar that you had a patch of ice and snow hitting your area! I despise driving on ice! I love that you will be trying out different quilting machines! I’m sure you will have a blast! Good luck—add one as soon as possible and don’t wait to my age with regrets and no machine!!!

Yesterday I finished quilting the baby quilt for #2, and I’m getting ready to go trim it and bind it. I’ll start making the bibs and burp cloths to go with it next.

I’m about to think that I should be expecting #4 of the married grands to make an announcement! That certainly would be exciting! I’m definitely OK with three this year!

Dinner tonight—my favorites… leftovers. I think there is chicken and steak, and I’ll fix veggies and salads.

Before I start my sewing, I’m going to walk out again and check on the cow and calf.

Bon appétit!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm

P.S. Tina--thinking about you today!

Return to “Chit Chat”