Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:21 am

Good morning!

I think all our snow is over and our forecast for the upcoming 10 days if 42 for lows, 48 for highs, and at least some rain every day. Talk about boring!

Quiet days here. I finished the small project I was working on. It just needs quilting now. Too big for a wallhanging but small for a quilt. Maybe just to toss over a chair to use for a lap on chilly evenings . . . . Hope to get a photo up today. I also got 6 faces hand embroidered on my bunny baby quilt blocks. 3 to go. Then I can put that together. I think we're going to have to get the quilting machine fired up pretty soon. I'm getting quite a pile of tops to be done. And it's good weather to do them.

TINA - I hope you can gather up a lot of postcards for your cousin. I just remembered I have a friend in Hawaii. I will ask her, too. You asked if the restaurant we went to was 'real' Mexican. Actually, the one we went to on Wed was just small town American cafe. But last weekend we did go Mexican when our friends asked us to join them. It was a spontaneous thing. I suspect it's fairly authentic as they are a chain owned by a family who came here from Mexico many years ago. They had a lot of kids and they opened a restaurant and gradually expanded in other towns, putting one of their kids in charge of each restaurant. The parents died a few years ago, but the eateries are flourishing and are petty tasty. Many of them make their tortillas right in the lobby for people to watch.

JANA - did you get your hearts skinnie finished? It's almost time! I checked my skinnies book and and wouldn't you know it - no Valentine pattern! All the other major holidays and seasons are covered, but not Valentine's. Oh well. I have no wall to put one on anyway. How is Stu doing in his new life? Do you see him much now?

BECCA - if you enjoy being outside, it's so nice that you can do so much of your outside work yourself. It's what probably keeps you so healthy. Good for mental health, too! But also nice that you have family willing to lend a hand if necessary.

CHICKIE - Thanks so much for starting the thread yesterday. I'm not sure what I was doing, but I didn't get here until late. Probably eating! lol! Three trunks! What a find for Doyal when he only expected one! Speaking of Royal Doyal, how is he doing since his surgery? Bill keeps asking me . . . And what do you mean, "now your brother doesn't like fish?!"? Sweetie, I am #5 of 6 kids and only 1 likes seafood - my younger sister.

Our chicken stew was pretty good last night and there's enough for tonite, so I think we'll have that. Tomorrow will be new food . . .

How about you?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Jan 17

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy here & colder
Maryz I laugh when our DGS FaceTimes He is sitting on porch with his gas stove going He too loves the outdoors
I love being out I know it’s good for mental health as well as physical My Dad & Mom both loved it too I would love to find. Good young man to help We have always had family untilLevi left forMilitary
It gets done so that’s what counts
I know your bunny quilt is adorable
Anxious to see it

Tina My card is in the mail Found it when cleaning lol

I plan to be slower today Yesterday while doing all my uglies I did lots of extras that don’t get done every week It seemed everywhere I turned there was another job to be done So today slower My clothes are drying

I have stew beef left & rice I made carrot salad too Maryz Favorite lol lol I saw it in deli so made my own I won’t buy store salads Have a great day Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:02 am

Becca, we have a gas heater on the patio in the back. We spend a lot
of time outside with our animals. The cats hang out on the patio mostly when it's warmer.
They get on the chairs at the table because they have cushions, and the dogs can't bother
them there.

Maryz, doesn't the dreary weather get to you? I like the rain, but also like to have sunshine. Yesterday the sun was in and out of the clouds, then it rained last night when we were sleeping. Today we have more sun and clouds, but it's suppose to clear up.

Our Jack bug had a seizure on Wednesday. They vets don't know what caused it, but he wasn't poisoned. So we'll just have to keep an eye on him to see if it happens again. The vet said it could be a one time thing. They just don't know. So I've just been hanging out with the animals and sewing. Oh, that's what I usually do anyway. lol

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:10 am

Good morning!

It maybe be snowing outside, but inside I am mopping up a flood under my kitchen sink. Awhile back, Stu changed out the broken garbage disposal, which I love him for, but, he forgot to tighten down the screwy thing that holds all the pipes together, so they all came apart, dumping all the water into the undersink cabinet. But saving me, was a dimpled mat, that my cabinet maker put in. All the dimples catch the leaks. Came in handy! My sewing area in almost right under that part of the floor. Michael ran and checked, it was all dry! Whew! He is now heading out to shovel. He thinks we got about 6 or 7 inches this morning.

Ethan will get his cookies today. Peanut butter. His piano lesson was cancelled. His teacher is out of town.

Dinner is in the unknown catagory right now.

Mary - love your new quilt. Maybe, if you want it bigger, add a couple of borders. Yes, we got hit with your leftover storm. Aaron is busier than a cat with nine tails, in a room full of rocking chairs!

Becca - those little 9nes learn fast to be troopers. Nothing will phase them!

Well, time to test the re- connections M8chael did. He ran water earlier, now to run the dishwashers.

Enjoy,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Good afternoon from a semi sunny but cold, SW. Pa....Hey, Mary, we had snow over night but, it's almost all gone....

Mary, there you go again, whipping through those quilts...My machine has really been neglected...Lots of ideas floating in the old noggin but nothing being done...Since I've had my room completely done and all the stuff nice and orderly, I don't want to mess it up, lol....Not sure what might happen in the next step of selling but if and when someone wants to check out the house, I want to be ready....But, I have a feeling, this "neatness" isn't going to last much longer, I'm getting itchy.....
We finally had some news on Nick's next venture...He's gotten his orders and probably will be home within the next couple of days...Now, it's him packing up his stuff and bringing everything home before he goes off to England...I really have mixed emotions about this but he is so excited..I guess until I see him, in his uniform and all grown up I'll realize he's not that little boy, who wanted to cook, any more...And, I did forget to tell you, he now has the 2nd tattoo...

Becca, I also love to be outside but there's too much for me to do any more...The boys do help but they all have big places of their own and tons of stuff to do...And the young fellows in the neighborhood all have their heads stuck in their phones or other toys and none are interested in making a buck or 2...Things have sure changed since my boys were young...All my boys had jobs, most times besides delivering papers they worked at a car wash, after school and Saturdays....I'm with you in not buying salads from the deli...In fact, I really don't buy anything from a deli, lol....

Not much happening in this household....I finally did deliver the my car load of stuff to the Thrift store but I'm sure it won't be the last....Yesterday, I did go to bingo with my sister and then we went to Friday's for dinner...Wasn't a profitable day at bingo but I made out with her making me a egg custard pie..She might not quilt or do any crafts but she sure can bake and cook...(another reason I want to move closer to her, lol).....When I get home, I always have to let her know I made it and she wanted to know how I got home so quick...I told her, I had a pie in the car but didn't have a fork....

For my dinner, I did make a meat loaf....Maybe I'll throw some potatoes in the oven or just have a veggie...AND for my afters, lots of custard pie...

Hope you all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating............

Eagle update: Crow, a rehab center in Ft. Myers have removed the eaglet and the unhatched egg and found there was no hook but an injury to a "blood feather" and even if they had gotten to the baby sooner, it probably would have been fatal....They brought in a "cherry picker" to retrieve the remains and the whole time, the parents flew above the nest...Since then, the parents have stayed on a limb right above the nest...It's too late for Harriet to have another clutch but they still remain very close and will continue to bond...it's just a very sad time for this couple.....

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:05 am

Good morning!
Mary, that's really cool about the family and their restaurants.
Oh my gosh I've had quite the morning! Well it actually started yesterday, I had to go pick Jazmyne up at school... the kicked her out of school for not having 2 shots. Soooooooo yesterday was Holly trying to get it figured out with no luck. They said she had 1 shot but not the other but her Drs office was saying she didn't have the one the school nurse was saying she did have and the one the nurse said she didn't have
.. ugh it was a mess! So this morning was crazy LOL I forgot the dogs were going to the groomer so they were half hour late. I then went over to Jazmyne's dr's office and they went through their records and the states records and have it all straightened out. Jazmyne did need 1 shot but not the other. The 1 she needed was the one the school nurse said she had 🤦‍♀️ the dr's office was not happy that they dis-enrolled her over her shot when there's so many kids that don't even get immunized. And then they dis-enrolled her over a shot she actually did already have 🤷‍♀️
My dogs have seizures every once in awhile. I just sit in the floor or ground with them and pet them during the seizure and talk softly to them and try to comfort and calm them, they get so scared. They only have one every 3-7 month's and there's no need for meds. Sadly the meds for it shortens their lives and can really mess their liver up. Unless they get to where they have them a couple times a week they suggest not putting them on any meds.
We've been having pretty weather, lows in the upper 40's and highs in 50-60's
I didn't get my asparagus stuffed chicken made last night so that'll be supper tonight.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”