Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 am

Good morning,

We are 31*, no snow. Maybe later today, they are saying. Just when I need to go out to an appointment. Sigh.

This weekend was all about cleaning the shop (at DH's request) and watching football. After 2 days of cleaning there was only a tiny bit left for him to do on his own. He promised he would '"git 'er dun!" yesterday. After a couple of hours I went out to admire his work and found nothing done - he was distracted by a 'shiny object'. I knew I should never have let him have a computer, his favorite toy, out there! I was NOT happy. I think it will be done today. If not, then I will do it and he won't like how I take care of his workbench and reloading supplies. :evil:

Football didn't go our way either. Oh well, there's always another year. I did get my watering cans for the spring swap all stitched down this weekend, though, and all that's left to do is my flowerpot with it's little posy. I am making 10 blocks and then will see if we get any more sign-ups before the Jan 19 deadline.

BECCA - Prayers go with Brodee as he goes for his check-up!

BECKY - chicken and homemade noodles sounds so - well - homey! Yum!

JANA - my house isn't uber clean either, even though it's well-purged right now. But most of the time, I'm not embarrassed if we get drop-in company. :D Bill will vacuum if I ask him, and sometimes fold clothes if the dryer buzzer goes off while he's sitting next to the dryer watching TV. He'll also empty the dishwasher on occasion. But cooking? - He thinks he's a good cook. But he really isn't. Trust me. The most I'll ask of him is to make a salad or coffee.

LORI - I'm glad you got your doughnuts. And glad I didn't! No bakeries here except for in the grocery stores. I LOVE doughnuts of all kinds so much that I can't even pick a favorite.

IRISH - I'm freezing just reading about your little neighbor girls running barefoot in swimsuits! In January!! I guess if you were moving, the kids would HAVE to come get tools, wrapping paper, or whatever is in 'their pile'! lol! Speaking of your 'stuff', you mentioned cross-stitch - any Christmas patterns? They have to be easy to read and in color. My eyes can't pick out the black/white patterns any more.

Our pizza last night was better than usual. Bill even said so! I added some gorgonzola crumbles along with the mozzarella and parm cheeses, and freshly ground pepper over all. Both things he would have poo-poo'd if he'd seen me do it. :lol:

What's going on your plate or in your bowl tonite?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Jan 13

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 am

Good morning from a sunny, almost spring like SW. Pa...We're only to get in the 50s today but that's much better than what it should be here in Jan....And with sun, the girls next door will be back outside in their bathing suits, lol...I did see their mother leave this morning wearing shorts......

Mary, 1st, before I forget, I will make sure I look through the cross stitching stuff and see if there's anything Christmas...Do you need any Aida cloth, any floss and needles???? I've got it all......Funny how Bill got distracted from his cleaning but then, I have a tendency to do that myself...I just saw where Alaska Airlines has added flights from Pittsburgh to Seattle and it's very reasonable....Might have to really do some thinking...Did talk to Kathy last night, they loved being in Arizona and her next trip will be coming here right before I go to Florida...Then they're off to San Jose for a Hockey weekend and then on to Hawaii...I think she's getting the hang of this retirement thing....Being lazy, I didn't get my pizza last night, maybe if I go out, I'll pick one up today....I really need to get a haircut but that means putting on decent clothes AND shoes and getting in the car....

I've been up since 4:30 and poor Baby Girl is still in shock...But, finished the upstairs (oh the stuff for Salvation Army) and do have the washer going full blast...Besides doing clothes, I've gathered up old blankets, throw rugs and just about anything and everything that can be used at the animal shelter and will be washing them and then delivering...AND I am not even going to be tempted by playing with the kittens when I go, maybe.....Not sure if I had mentioned it but Dan, DGS had to put 1 of his fur babies to sleep and I know he and Casey are heartbroken...This one was their little "lover" and had been abused before they got her...She was extra special.....

Tomorrow, I'll be busy most of the day...My sister has me filling in at her card club and then the realtor is coming at 5:00...
As for dinner, really too early to think about it so you just never know what might be on the table....

You all have a good day....

Happy eating..............

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:52 am

Good morning!
Texans were being favored in this house by Holly, not sure who Frankie wanted to win but he went outside when the Chiefs had 0 and then came back in and said, oh I guess they decided to play LOL. I was giving haircuts so I didn't see much of the zero score part. Sorry your Seahawks lost Mary, I think they just had a bad day.
Mary, I totally understand your frustration on the cleanup. Frankie will go outside and say he's going to do something that actually desperately needs to be done and 4 or more hours later he'll come in and I'll ask how it went or how it's going and he hasn't started yet! There's days I want to Pow him straight to the moon! LOL
Irish, the animals will love your donation! I think you need a nap today ❤
I have hamburger laid out for supper, just not sure what I'm making with it yet.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 am

Hi Everyone,
I hear you on husbands getting distracted. DH was supposedly cleaning the garage this weekend so we could put the Christmas bins away. Next thing I know he is going to Home Depot to buy a tuneup kit for a weed whacked that has not worked in at least eight years. Lol. We did move the bins to the back table yesterday but it took my attention to get it done.

Tonight will be grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli with a salad.

California Carol

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 am

Good morning ladies.
Well, here I thought my DH was unique! Apparently, he acts quite normal, and that is really stretching it as far as he is concerned! He is always distracted by something other than the intended target.
So, just drama, drama here this weekend....we have two teenage girls....well, one isn't a teenager anymore, but there are days that she acts the part. We had equipment failures, boyfriend woes and just general bruha......I hope it is all better today. I think Ian was just happy to go to school this morning. He even told me good luck today! Ha.....
tonight, JR told me he would bring pizza home after work....I also had a day yesterday. Putting the leftover apples in the crockpot, I cut a finger on the apple cutter. Looks kind of deep, but don't think it can be stitched. It is achy this morning....and then I took some hot broth out of my chicken soup, to add cream of chicken soup to, something I have done hundreds of times, and splashed the hot broth on the top of my hand....same hand as my cut finger.....some days it just don't pay to get out of bed, for sure....it is still a little tender today, so maybe will supervise the girls in making a salad for dinner, to go with the pizza....That will be some big chunks!
Hope you all have a great day, I think I will be taking it easy....Becky

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 am

Good morning!

It is a steady snowfall here. I have to go out in it this morning. Aaron snd his family are all down sick with a nasty tummy bug. They need sickie food and Lysol! Sarah and I are both doubling down on disinfecting our houses.

Mary - sorry about not having a third rematch this year. Michael too gets distracted and sidetracked with many things.

Not much here. No idea on dinner.

Need to scoot,
Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with some rain
Got CAs pants all hemmed
Maryz thanks for praying for Brodee He will have an MRI & be checked by his neurosurgeon I told C.A. I’m thankful he doesn’t know what he is going to have done They spent nite with Denise & Mark

Tina Hope you catch a nap today

Irish Sounds like you are really making head way cleaning & purging Kathy must be enjoying her retirement

Becky Guess we all have days like that Sure hope it gets better for you & hand heals good

Carol Your meal sounds good

CA when he was able has always been a perfectionist so he’s Mr neat & tidy He was good to help me vacuum dust or whatever but only cooking was grilling or if I was sick

We are having burritos for C.A. meatloaf & sautéed spinach & garlic for me cranberry relish & cA fruitcake Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”