Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:14 am

Good morning,

Pearl Harbor Day, today. I wasn't born then but nevertheless, I will never forget it. It compares to the events of 9-11 in more modern times. I've been to the Pearl Harbor Memorial and it's so quiet. People whisper there. It's a hallowed place. God bless all who lie there.

JANA - that'a s pretty nice car that Stu got! I'd love to trade with him. We have an '05 Camry, sky blue, gray interior, 98,000 miles. Never a single thing wrong with it in 15 years. Still looks good (if someone would wash it!) Her name is Bluebell. I think Stu will love his new ride! With that snazzy car he'll be a chick magnet and perhaps move on to his second big purchase! ;) And good idea to get some credit established! Congrats to him! And yes, our truck is BART, not to be confused with your BART. lol! Though he does get us where we want to go pretty easily - just like yours!

TINA - how goes the decorating battle? This is why I start early - it takes me days to decorate and then clean up! Time was, it only took me an afternoon! Either I have too many decorations now or I am a lot slower than I used to be. :lol: How are all the patients in the family. I've lost track of who all is sick now. I think everyone has had a turn in the past 6 weeks!

BECCA - so you are sewing potholders, too! They make a nice little token gift that isn't fattening. I've given out 5 pairs of mine so far. Will give another set tonite. I'd love those Christmas sheets you have! They sound fun. I have pine boughs with cones on my flannels, but not specifically Christmas.

IRISH - I'm thinking you are busy chasing Lena this week. Don't wear out your smoocher!

I texted Chickie last night. The service for her mom went off smoothly and most of Doyal's family showed up, too! She said she was touched. She is going to meet a friend for coffee this morning.

Yesterday I saw the chiropractor. His wife runs the office and she fell and broke her ankle last weekend and has to have surgery next Thursday so my appointment schedule may be getting shifted around. They are the nicest family and I really enjoy my appointments just so I can visit with them all! They collect Santas so I made them some Santa potholders. The son is also in the office and both docs work on me every visit so I made him and his wife snowman potholders.

I also made some Christmas blocks for the December lotto yesterday. Choosing the fabrics took longer than making the actual blocks, it's such an easy pattern. Today I really need to do some uglies because we're having a couple over for supper - pork roast, mashed potatoes, asparagus, salad, rolls, and tapioca pudding with cookies.

Now I'm hungry! What's making you hungry for supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 7th

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:47 am

Good morning!

I too, was not here for Pearl Harbor, but my brother almost was. He was born thirteen days later, on the 20th. Every year, Mt Diablo, near where we lived in California, lights the beacon on the top of the peak in honor of Pearl Harbor. That is the only time it is lit anymore.

Not much here. I have my serger working right now. A grandchild, who thinks what he does as pranks, is fun, messes with things in my sewing room. It is not Ethan. He knows better. But this child gets told frequently not to touch anything in my sewing area. Well, he messed with my serger and finally afrer being frustrated with how the stitching was going, I looked to see if a piece had gotten broken again, no, I saw a part that I usually keep in a down, out of the way, was turned up and engaged, causing my problem. Can't be sure it was him, because I didn't see, but he will be no longer allowed in the basement without one of us! The others get into stuff as well, so they will be watched too. My machines are just too expensive to be messed with! Makes me sad, but as a MIL, I can't say too much.

So, after I help get the Ward Bulletin done, and a few uglies, I will be sewing more clothes. Making two sets of everything is keeping me busy. Stu is coming over sometime to hang my Christmas wallhangings that require a ladder. Then haul up two trees.

Dinner - more turkey!

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:42 am

Hello everyone,sunny here.Just got back from my walk.

Didn’t plan on doing much today but Icleaned all my kitchen cabinet drawers.And DGS FaceTimed for 1 hr.We got caught up.He doesn’t live close to Family & he likes to be connected & informed.Also Cleaned Out our medical files.Do that every December.

Maryz I read about Pearl Harbor.Cannot imagine what that was like for those poor men.So sad.People tend to forget things that are important to our Country.

Jana Oh My I cannot imagine how you felt about the serger.Its bad enough for it to not work properly.Glad you got it fixed.Remember Maryz & Iwant to see your Doll & clothes before you give them as gift.lol

Chickie Im Glad Doyals Family come to support you.Sure it made you feel better.

DH wanted burger.I made me a turkey salad.Had apple with it & enjoyed it. Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Good late afternoon! I met my friend for coffee this morning, then I stopped by my sister’s. We looked through the book from Mom’s service and got a list of things we need to acquire for other family members. They had some fried chicken left from the family feed yesterday, and I got some to bring home for DH. He was lamenting last evening that we didn’t have a baggie to sneak some out to bring home. LOL! Now he has his chicken, and he has already scarfed down a few pieces for a late lunch when I returned home. I put the chicken in my cooler and went on to the grocery store. We have thank you notes to write, and I’ll probably go Tuesday or Wednesday to do that.

I couldn’t remember if I checked in yesterday—probably not, as it was a long day, and I put my feet up. Mary was right—everything went exactly as Mom planned, and she got the send off she wanted. And, she looked really nice for the journey! We had a lot of compliments on the service.

Jana—Sounds like Stu found a lovely car! Be careful, though, sounds like it is “ticket red”. Aaron will be stopping him! Here’s a fun little remembrance about Mom—she always liked pretty cars. She didn’t learn to drive until I got my license and taught her and when she bought cars, they were always pretty sporty… no 4-door sedans for her! She had the cutest little red 1964 Chevelle 2-dr HT. She wanted to save money and came up to my house in the next town about 20 miles north for me to give her a home perm. Well… Mom’s heavy foot got the best of her, and she got a speeding ticket in her “ticket red” car! She could have had a salon perm for the price of the ticket. We always kidded her in her 2-door cute cars and her heavy foot.

Jana—my sister is still putting her house in order after her grands were here for Mom’s service and the week before for Thanksgiving. No nook or cranny is safe from two of them! I totally understand about your expensive machines. I used to have the inexpensive ones for teaching the GKs so I didn’t risk damage to the Bernina I had.

Tina—I changed out my wreath from fall to winter with my poinsettias and holly. I need to put a few ornaments on my antlers and some runners and I’ll call it good.

Becca—so you caught the potholder making fever! I can think of worse diseases. Know everyone will love your creativity!

Mary—that’s too bad about your Chiropractor’s wife especially at this time of year! I love those Lotto blocks, but I doubt I get any made. I have way too much to catch up doing right now. I wish I was coming to dinner! DH really likes tapioca pudding, cookies, asparagus… not so much salad, but he’ll take extra rolls and cookies!

Becca—the turnout yesterday was so amazing! We were all so pleased. Know those babies are doing well—such great news to read! It is sunny and nice here today. I went without a coat to the grocery store. This morning I had to scrape heavy frost from my truck windows.

Thank you again to all of you for your support and encouragement the last year and week! It’s good to have good friends!!!

Dinner tonight… steak for DH. I might make some chicken salad for me or just a salad since I had some chicken with him for lunch.

Bon appétit!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Good evening everyone. Just got home from work. Supper will be left over pizza tonight.

Chickie, sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for you and the family. My heart goes out to all of you.

I'll read through everyone's posts tomorrow and try to get caught up on the news. Have a blessed night.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”