Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed., Dec 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed., Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 am

Good morning,

Looks like I was trying to slow time down yesterday and gave us an extra Dec 2nd. Sorry about that.

We worked outside yesterday, raking, toting rocks, digging plants. Was I ever sore come evening! I need a new, larger heating pad for sure! I did get a little time to play in my sewing room, but not nearly enough! Today we take our car into Tacoma to have the brakes checked. They squeak. A lot. It's to be a rainy day so maybe this afternoon will be a day off outdoor work and more time sewing . . . Hope so!

JANA - bummer about Stu's car, but it's just as well. Y'all probably worried that it would leave him stranded at the worst possible time/place. So what kind of "new" will Stu be getting from his parents? My oldest DD got a Rav about 2 or 3 yrs ago. They seem to really like it. Hers is bright turquoisy blue. Pretty! And now it looks like they have 3 different models of Rav's to choose from. You're right - Bill would LOVE that cheesy enchilada soup! I don't think I have that recipe . . . (hint) . . .

TINA - glad your family gave you a break and you are feeling a little better now. I guess I need to find the recipe for that soup! It sounds delish!

BECCA - so sorry to hear about your cousin. Sending you a big ((hug)). did she live close to you?

IRISH - Lena time is getting closer! Hope your weatherman is being kind to you! Sounds like a lot of things you want to do are weather dependent.

CHICKIE texted me yesterday. Her Arkansas sister came to see Mom yesterday so Chickie got a day off to grocery shop, sew, and be with her DH, but will probably be back with Mom today.

My computer is acting up so I will close this now before I lose the whole thing. Supper is questionable. Maybe spaghetti? Ravioli? hamburgers? I need to think about it some more.

P.S. JANA, while my computer was rebooting itself (and I think it's worse now than before!) I checked my recipe box and found I have your recipe for the soup! And it survived the Great Recipe Box Cleanout of a few months back. Yay! It will be on the menu soon at our house.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed., Dec 4th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 am

Good morning!
Last night was a bit...... hmmmm I can't seen too find the word LOL Frankie thought he was on death's door, wouldn't go to ER, I threatened to call an ambulance is what finally got him to quit complaining! I love my husband but man when he gets sick I want to take the rolling pin to him! I finally got him to use a warm air humidifier last night and low and behold he says he's starting to feel better this morning. He's been sick for 12 days. I got him some over the counter stuff and after taking it for 3 days he said he felt better so refused to take anymore since even when he got to feeling worse again, then he told me it didn't work. Ugh, so what word would you all use for my yesterday evening? Hair pulling out came to mind, my own!
Mary, you sure got a lot done yesterday! Did you take before pics? Take several during stages pics too and then the end result, I'd love seeing!
I'm still taking it easy but I did get the bed stripped, windows opened to air the house out, a couple loads of laundry done, a lot of resting, funny no nap though...I was finally not exhausted. It was so nice to have the windows open for about 5 hours. Lysol was my friend yesterday too.
I just totally cleaned my fridge out and washed it all. I wanted to make sure no leftovers were lurking 😊
I'm not sure about supper, maybe soup and grilled cheese... it sounds good and simple to me!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 am

I'm back. Again. Chickie texted me this morning that she was walking dogs and then headed over to Mom's. Not 5 minutes later she texted again, saying she got word from her sister that Mom passed away - that quickly. and peacefully. Such a long life - 101 yrs - and no terrible end but just quietly slipped away. Can we ask for anymore than that?

Tina, when my DBIL gets sick, we send the get well cards to my sister! lol! Poor Frankie. Poor you!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am

Good morning!

What is it about those men we love so dearly? Must have been the phase of the moon. Mine took a tumble to the ground again. Not off a stair, just misplaced his foot. Sarah was here, so she saw it too. He has done that several times this year, and insists he is fine. Has me a bit worried.

Mary - I will give you the soup recipe I did the other day. I just found it on , where else, Pinterest. I may have found it earlier, but this one is the new good one!

Tina - remember when you use the rolling pin, do so, as to leave no marks! LOL!

Dinner - not quite a full blown turkey dinner, but close. My bird is thawed, finally in the refrig.

I need to drive Scrooge to the DDS, then home and I will continue to make doll clothes. Waiting for Sarah to get me a huge eye needle to be able to sew on the yarn for hair. She found a perfect yarn, that is bigger than the standard 4 ply yarn, hence why I need the big eye.

Chickie - many prayers for you and your family. Wish I was closer to help more.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am

Hello everyone This is by phone so bear with me Chickie My thoughts & prayers are with you So thankful it was easy for all
We are going to see Brodee & Hadlee in a few minutes I’m so excited
Maryz I too would be sore Sure it will be pretty when done no my Cousin lives over at Winston-Salem where we used to live.Most all my relatives are over there.
Tina Oh my I’m sorry you had to deal with that If CA was that way I would be in mental institution by nowI don’t like complaining because it doesn’t help at all
Jana Michaels falls could be mini strokes That’s how my Dad did
CA is having falls now he’s so dizzy all the time He almost fell yesterday at Great Clips & A man & myself caught him Hefell down the. Steps a week ago
So goes my life
He had Subway & I had my veggie beef soup &an apple & cookies for him. Becca
Oh my you cannot imagine the Babies.I had never held one that tiny.They are doing well,already on 4 hrs feeding & Eating good.They are precious.So sweet.I held both of them.So sweet.
Last edited by Becca on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:20 am

Chickie my thoughts, prayers and hugs are with you.

I don't think we're going to hit 61 today, it started drizzling a little over an hour ago maybe 2, it's very cloudy and no sunshine in sight, not even a speck of blue sky. It's fine by me, I was a little too warm this morning, it was 76* in the house when I got up! I had to open the front door and I went and sat with the cats and got quite a bit of loving ❤
Jana, I'll have to remember that 😉
Becca, how exciting that you get to go see our babies! Give them tiny hugs with much love from me please. I hope you take pics, I'd love to see them again ❤
I've been picking up a little and I have my little Mr Gears vacuuming for me. I think I feel good enough to pin apron fronts to apron backs today.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”