Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 am

Good morning,

I slept late this morning! 5:15! What was the dog thinking?? No fussing or whining at 3:00?! For this, I am truly thankful!

BECCA - Thankful to hear the twins are doing well and that they have parents who are smart enough to ask people not to visit - at least for their first month or so at home. Even then, I'd make sure any visitor is well immunized, including flu shots. They are so fragile and susceptible right now. And it would be wise if the few people who do visit - grandparents and others who are helping out - do a 1-2 minute scrub when they arrive. Enjoy Denise's visit! You have a wonderful daughter!

IRISH - Oh no! I don't like hearing what the doctor said. I've known several women who have had "silent" heart attacks. I'm glad you went to the doctor. Sounds like he's on top of it. Take care, my friend. Sending you a Thanksgiving hug.

TINA - Know you are busy today. But try to find a few minutes to sit and put your feet up. Leave the clean-up to everyone else!

CAROL - you had all my favorite cookies on your list! Plus Bill's oatmeal raisin. I'm trying to think how I can sneak down there and grab a few for myself! Enjoy your day. How far is your brother traveling to join you?

JANA - What an observant auntie Sarah is! So glad she got little Lila to Urgent Care so quickly. I hope the antibiotics do the trick. And I hope Gracie and the others don't catch it - it can be contagious, depending on the organism or virus causing the pneumonia. Knowing your family, they will have the situation well in hand. Can't believe Tanner already has his quilt top finished! Is he going to quilt his, too? Is Logan up next?

I went shopping yesterday for a top to go with a skirt that I have. I did find a black, satiny, short sleeve top, so pretty and on sale for only $7. However, when I got it home, it just didn't go with the skirt at all! Together they looked like I was trying to hide a 4 mo pregnancy!! I guess I need to wear the skirt when I go shopping. So - back to the drawing board.

I also made another double batch of pizza sauce, tweaking the recipe a little. I think it turned out better than the first batch! I canned it in 12 oz jars, purrfect amount for a large pizza. And I got 5 jars. This may become a 'thing' with me - making my own sauce. The 5 jars of sauce, the oversized potholders, and a copy of my recipe should make a nice gift.

Today I HAVE to finish the decorating because the table is covered with the last of all the decorations! lol! But that will go quickly. And if there's free time, I plan to wok on my hen and rooster potholders for a friend. Or I'll do a load of clothes, or we'll watch a football game. We've got no skin in any of the games being played today but I do like football on in the background on TG. Brings back a touch of the old days when I hated it and Mike loved it and always watched it on TG.

I'm going to close this now and go bake our pumpkin pie. Bill is in charge of the turkey breast. I always do it in the crockpot and it's just so easy and comes out moist and tender. But he insists doing it in the oven in a cooking bag is the best way so I simply put him in charge and I'll stay out of the kitchen. We're also having baked sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts saute'd in onions and bacon, kale salad, cranberries, olives, and rolls.

Wishing you all a very nice Thanksgiving and know I'm grateful for all of you, my besties, in my world! God bless!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:32 am

Good morning!

Thank you all for being my blessings! I am very grateful for all of you and what you do for me and my family!

Dinner is early, at 5 for us. Lila is doing much better. We have a allergy here in this family to Amoxacillum,(sp) the antibiotic Lila is taking, but she is showing no signs of any allergy. The Urgent care sent her x-rays up to Primary Children's Hospital for their opinion. They saw a mucus block, but Lila took care of that and is breathing much easier now. We are taking dinner to them at home, to protect Lila from getting anything from someone else.

I have carefully cleaned my kitchen to get rid of any gluten that maybe be lingering. My Sandee and Becky, my other niece and Sandee's sister are both gluten intolerant. My green stuff is all checked for gluten and free of it. Sarah is making pies and one is a gluten free for them. My poor Sandee is so allergic to almost everything in this world. She carries a Epi pen at all times.

Happy Turkey Day! Michael is grumbling, I have football on - 3 games today - more college ball tomorrow and Saturday, and the 9ers on Sunday. Oh I love this time of year for football! Michael always says that God has a sense of humor - me, the sports junkie and him, the one who could care less, married to each other! LOL! I am the wife most guys would want, that love sports! ROFLOL!

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all.Im thankful for all of you.I enjoy reading about your lives & it’s a bright spot in my life & what a blessing you all are.
We have had a wonderful day,even took a walk after we cleaned up.It was a feast They said.They love my dressing.

Jana So Happy Lila is responding to her meds.

Maryz Taylor & Levi have been prepared for some time.Levi said gloves & mask & he will only show them thru the window.Her Mom told me Taylor will be very protective of them.She said they have been thru too much already.So far they are both doing well.I do hope Brodee gets Home soon.They are going home with oxygen.
So glad your sauce turned out good.But I knew it would.

Irish Prayers for you.
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”