Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 am

Good chilly morning! 37* here. Rain is predicted but so far, it's held off. Hope it stays that way until after my walk. Scottie and I meet Lori and Duchess every morning at 8:05. A weird time, I now, but we try to time it between waves of traffic going to the two schools 1/2 mile down the road.

Yesterday went just about as planned - I finished 8 FGV blocks, started cards, mailed packages. We also stopped at the grocery story on our way to the restaurant last night and picked up brussels sprouts for TG dinner. Going to saute then with a bit of onion, garlic, olive oil, and bacon. Anyway, our friends came back here for a glass of wine and all went home about 7:00. It was nice to go out, have dinner, enjoy friends, and be in jammies in front of the fire by 7:15! I remember back when I used to party clear up until 9pm! :lol:

Today will be more FGV blocks but I also want to make another set of potholders - chickens this time. My friend, Esther, loves chickens and we hope to see her and her hubby soon for an afternoon of cards. I'm loving having something to give people that isn't a big deal and isn't fattening. We're also going to get out our dozen or so Christmas totes. We're not expecting any company for the rest of the week so it's a good time. Decorating usually messes up the house for 2-3 days.

JANA - I LOVE those cookie cutters you described! Will you be having a cookie decorating party? Wouldn't that be a crazy day with all the grands?? Your dolls sounds so cute. Can't believe Karlie is getting so old. 4 Already! Our RV shelter will be 15' tall, 40' long, and 20' wide. The top of the walls will be 14' tall and the sides will come down 6' so we'll have plenty of room to walk under them. We'll also be able to put out the slide on one side of the trailer and the awning on the other. Sometimes when we come home we need to open the awning to dry it out so this is a nice feature.

BECCA -Wonderful news about Hadlee being home!! I bet Mom and Dad are over the moon. I know they were disappointed that they couldn't bring them home together, but this gives them a chance to adjust to caring for one baby at home which is a big enough deal with a regular term newborn, let alone a fragile preemie, before they are suddenly caring for two! Though it does split Mom and Dad's time between two places now. But Brodee will be home soon, I'm sure. Prayers for his surgery today. Thanks for the recipe. I doubt I'll be making it though. Too much sugar for us!

Supper tonite is going to be pizza here. I am anxious to test my sauce. Before I canned it, it tasted more tomato-y that purchased sauces, but that's how it is in Italy, so maybe it's a good thing . .? I've stocked up on ingredients to make more.

What's for supper at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 26

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:11 am

Good morning!

It is cold, about 24 right now and snowing off and on. This will be the pattern for the rest of the week. We need to take Stu's car down to register it this morning.

Ethan will be here for dinner -- his favorite, pizza will appear. He likes a loaded pizza, but with a white sauce. Stu will stop by after work too.

I am learning much about how Amazon works. Stu has a quota of boxes to ready for shipping - 120 per hour! At Stu's station, the orders come in a bin, he puts that stuff in the Amazon box, seals and adds a barcode sticker. Then the box then goes on to where the address label is added. He has 4 weeks to get to speed or he is out looking for another job. He is only shipping small box items. There are other lines for bigger and smaller items. He says there is about 12-15 miles of conveyer belts in his warehouse.

Mary - with the sun angle here in Utah, the thinner air, the UV rays create havoc on RV's, including the tires. Matt tries to keep his RV tarped and has covers for the tires. I learned something about Lori Holt and how she started writing books on quilting. She was asked to teach a group of women in her Ward how to quilt. So she wrote out the directions for each of the blocks and how to assemble a quilt. Boy, if I had been smart, I could have done the same thing! Many years, I taught the women in my Ward how to sew and quilt! Back when I was working, I would ship packages for friends from my office, UPS came every day, so I didn't have to take it to their shipping facility. This was before all the UPS centers opened, I would have been rich! I thought of it first! ROFLOL!

Becca - what joyous news! Our Logan had the hernia surgery. He wasn't a preemie and his was done on a out patient and he was home the same day. He was about 6 weeks old. Lots of prayers for a swift recovery and a trip home to join Hadlee.

Time to be back up for the trip, hiding the out of date registration, lol

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 am

Good morning!
I'm at the dr's office with Holly and the kids. Kids are getting well checkups and flu shots, they've been out of the vaccines lately.
We're have 50mph gusts, so windy and cold here!
Frankie has a cold. Bummer.
Becca, so happy Hadlee is home! Brodee will follow soon.
Jana, I can't decorate cookies nicely at all! I love the way they look, so so pretty! I hope you post pics!
I have chicken laid out for supper.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am

Hello everyone,sunny here.We got the Town run finished.No hair cut.He was worn out.
Have wash going & doing Floors.The dress bed for Denise & Mark.
I’m sure it was a sleep less night for Levi & Taylor.I know how I was & mine were all born on time.

Maryz Glad you had a nice evening.The soufflé is quite sweet but I don’t add all that sugar.This year Im doing mine like Mom did.

Jana Sure you will have family.I saw you wasn’t doing much cooking.Good for you.

Tina Hope Frankie feels better.Not a good time to be sick.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.Denise & Mark will be here in the morning so I won’t be on until after Thanksgiving.Love to all. Becca
We went by Subway On way Home.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Oh I just wanted to cry. Preston had to have his 4 year old age boosters and then he had to get a lead test which meant going to the hospital. Apparently the state flagged him because he hasn't had one done as a baby. He ended up with 3 shots and the finger. Holly went into the hospital with him and I sat in the car with Easton and Jazmyne. Holly said they had to squeeze a whole vile of blood from his finger, Preston said it was his worse day ever and never wanted to go back and was mad at the Dr because he didn't even have a lollypop! He also said he only had 4 fingers left! They had his finger wrapped in a gauze contraption and I guess he didn't think he had his finger anymore! Poor little guy. He recovered with the help of a Happy Meal.
When I took the wrapping off of his finger he was surprised he still had it. All 5 Grandma!
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is mostly a repost. I posted it on Sunday when it was Tuesday.

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like there is much to be thankful for at Taylor and Levi's home. Great to see that Hadlee has made it home. Prayers for little Brodee!
Poor little Preston! Glad he still has his fingers!

I am preparing Thanksgiving for my brother and his family. DH took the week off work and has been doing his thing. I baked cookies this afternoon. I have more to bake. I made the dough and scooped it before Halloween. It has been waiting for me in the freezer. It is so nice to just bake instead of having to clean up messes. My plan is to give some of the cookies to my brother and family. He has two children a girl who will be married next June, and a boy. The girl who is 30 will bring her fiancé, so there will be 7 of us for dinner. I usually have them for Easter, but my SIL asked me to do Thanksgiving instead. Unfortunately it will probably be raining starting tomorrow and continuing until Friday. It has been a number of years since I made Thanksgiving dinner. My SIL is bringing the dressing and my niece is bringing a salad. I have made the cranberry sauce and relish, dinner rolls, and pie crust dough already.

As for dinner tonight I think I will check the freezer. I hope there is something in there. I have a 16 pound turkey in the refrigerator and didn't want to spend any more time in the kitchen and didn't want leftovers!!

Return to “Chit Chat”