Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:57 am

Good morning!

It's my 3/4 birthday! Though cards and gifts aren't necessary. I only really celebrate whole and half birthdays! :lol: We never went on our long, long ride yesterday. At the last minute the RV Shelter guy that Bill REALLY wants to deal with finally returned our call. He said an RV dealer in Tacoma had one of his shelters up and invited us to go check it out. So this we did. Bill liked it and now he's just comparing prices to see if he can find it cheaper. I doubt he can so I expect he will be ordering it next week. Still it will take 6-8 weeks for it to be manufactured, delivered, and put up. (yes, we're having THEM put it up. I'm too old to lovely assist with a project like this!) In other news, there isn't much. We were planning a Christmas party, but not one of our invitees could make it so we cancelled the whole thing. But we have been invited to go with a group of friends to the Eagles club on NYE for dinner/dancing. Been years since we've done anything for NYE and the Eagles club is only 2 miles from our house. It will be fun and I'm looking forward to it. As for sewing, I actually have nothing going on right now. But I'm thinking . . . .

E-MORE - I'm like you - once I wake up, I'm UP! Kenderosa Sue is the same - she's usually up by 3 am. Did you solve Darlene's problem with the embroidery machine? Please tell Joe and Darlene we say 'hi' and we wish them well whatever they decide to do. Any chance you might think of moving back to SC, too?

BECCA - will you be serving a traditional turkey dinner for TG or are you going rogue with something like, oh, say tacos or lasagna? I'm sure Denise will love helping out and just being in the kitchen with you.

CHICKIE - it's difficult to watch your mother, who was always such a strong woman, become so weak and dependent. But you are very compassionate to think what it is like for her, also, You, my friend, make God smile every single day! Bad on 'whoever' left the gate open!! I grew up with cattle. They can smell an open gate or a hole in the fence from two pastures over and will make a bee-line for it! You got a lot done yesterday and you and Odie still managed to get in a nice walk!

JANA - not cat food! UGH!! But my Foxtrot says he's on board with it! Sounds like your entire family benefits from your and Sarah's sewing skills! Is Emma excited about D-land? Are they telling her?

IRISH - I know you were off getting an Emma fix of your own yesterday. As long as there's no spoiling going on! lol!

TINA - you are probably busy with kids and filling in any empty minutes you have with Christmas sewing. What? What's that you say? No empty minutes?? Maybe I should have sent you some of those instead of rain.

I haven't given supper much thought, but I'm thinking soup. Probably split pea. I have half of a turkey kielbasa and I can use that in place of the ham. I'll fix it in the crockpot this morning and forget about it.

Got any good ideas for your supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 23

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 am

Good morning!
Mary, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? I'm sure you've said but I've slept since then 😉 Sorry your Christmas party ended up being scrapped, I love loooove looooove Christmas parties! I'd go to one every day if I could!
LOL my spare minutes are few and far between for sure right now, but guess what.... Thanksgiving break just started! Woohoo! I do have 2 crying to stay the nights though 🤣😂 goofy kids. And I make them work when they're here! I did tell them no for last night, I was just too tired, I hadn't had a no kid day for at least 2 weeks and I've been putting in 10.5-12 hour days, cooking 3 meals a day for anywhere from 2-6 each meal....I kinda needed a free evening and I refused to cook to boot! I'm feeling better this morning.
We're going to take the furrkids for their Thanksgiving beauty day in a few and I'll finish cleaning downstairs while they're gone.
I think I'll either make a meatloaf or soup for supper, not sure how many will be here, 3 for sure so far.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 am

Good morning!

Mary - Matt's kids all know. They are pooling their money to be able to buy a droid. The droid is a couple of hundred dollars, so the kids are using part of the lawn mowing business money. This is their Christmss gifts as well. Santa may leave one present, but the trip is the main thing. The kids all know that.

Tina - those are long days! Ethan is always trying ways to get to stay here.

I finished the hems for Aaron. He and Kate were able yo get the time off for the wedding today. Glad it will be over and any and all drama will be far away in St George, where the bride and Kate's mom now live.

No Tanner today. He is raking leaves at the rental property in Logan, with the rest of the family.

I re-arranged a couple of drawers in the kitchen, as I removed the crumbly bumblys. Now I only have a few more drawers. But these are full of stuff! All my little, but necessary kitchen tools.

Dinner - we wil see - possibly pot stickers and fried rice.

Well, my fabulous finger talent for folding the Ward Bulletin for church tomorrow is now needed,

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:14 am

Hello everyone from a rainy morning here.Bringing the cold back.

Maryz Glad Bill is letting them install.Much safer.Yes my Dinner will be Turkey n dressing,cranberry sauce,(Denise makes that) sweet potato soufflé,green beans,creamed potatoes.And some other vegan meat for Mark.plus pumpkin pie & fruit cake.And cranberry salad.
I get a laugh out of your Birthday counting.😂 you know mine is the same time.lol

Tina Oh My You never catch a break.Wish you could have some free time.sure the kids love being at Gramas.As a child I never did that because the one that wanted me to come lived too far & Mama didn’t drive.I had a special Aunt that I spent a lot of time at her House.She was my Mother’s oldest Sister.

Chickie Im Sure you are out & about.Bath day for Mom .Hope you get to have some me time.

Jana People need to heed the warnings about driving especially speed & phones.

I’m doing burgers today.Got my laundry done,Have to hem pants for CA.Our DGD That lives here is baking sourdough bread.She has named her business Bent Willow Baked Goods.Its Marty’s DD.She is the one that Gave Papa & I Our Birthday parties.She will one day Have a business in Town.She told me she wanted to move slow & make no mistakes like some new businesses do.
Happy Eating. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pm

See what you dtaryed Mary - cleaning out cupboards, under sinks and drawers!

I had one of those ah-ha moments in the middle of the night on organizing stuff. Use Command hooks! I have many deep drawers which I love. Of them are four - square, glass front deep drawers. They are about 12 inches wide each, stack 2 high, and 2 side by side. Because they are 15 inches deep , 24 inches, frint to back, each, things get lost in there and just other stuff thrown on top and you have to paw through to find stuff. Now comes the command hooks, I can hang things, that have rings or holes from the sides of the drawer, and still access everything else. I love neat organized drawers and cupboards! Maybe this will spur an idea to help your kitchen.

All drawers, cupboards and pantry are now done. No cooking ever again in my clean kitchen! Yeah, right, but I can dream! ROFLOL!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”