Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:15 am

Good morning,

We are mild with light rain this morning. First rain in weeks. But I see the eastern half of the country is getting weather! Hope everyone's heat is working!

Yesterday was a bit laid back - walked 1-1/2 miles, chiro and haircut appts, a stop at the Goodwill here in G.H., a bit of leaf raking (but not too much!), and sewing another pair of potholders. Today, more potholders and hopefully I will have finished all I plan to do by the end of the weekend and can clean up my sewing room. I have two huge tubs of Christmas fabric but I can't move them by myself so I think I'll get some smaller containers and divide the fabric by colors, perhaps . . . Something I can manage on my own. and hopefully the smaller containers will fit where I've been storing the two big ones . .

The Goodwill was another profitable stop. I found two 3-1/2 yd lengths of flannel for backing kids' quilts, some Christmas flannel jammies for my DDIL with dogs on them (she loves dogs and Christmas), and a purple U of WA heavy weight purple zip sweat jacket for my morning walks. I also found a book on Christmas paper piecing with patterns for 4" blocks. I'm not too big into paper piecing, but you never know what I might get into in the future. I want to be prepared.

BECCA - I read your report on the twins in Sew-in this morning. Such good news for Brodee. Praying for same for Hadlee!

TINA - wow! You didn't get much notice to put on a big birthday party! Did you have to do all the food for everybody, too?? Hope you aren't too done in today.

IRISH - hope the weather we saw forecast for your area isn't white! Sounds like your Kevin is filling his life with plans - Emma, house reno, trips. Always a good sign! God bless him! Will TG be at his house, his DD's, yours, or "other's"?

JANA - FINALLY!! I've been checking every day to see if that beautiful Seahawk mug rug arrived for your smart nephew! It will add some flavor to your watch party! I've never seen 1/2 gal ziplocks, only quart, gallon, and sometimes bigger ones.

CHICKIE - How's your pot holder project coming along? Are you seeing the end of the tunnel yet? Hope the big freezing weather system is missing you.

Ah, here we come to my supper menu. usually, as I start this last sentence of my post I have no idea what I'm going to say. Today is no different. Thinking . . . . . maybe spinach ravioli in pesto sauce. I'm choosing this because it's the biggest freezer in the freezer and I'm trying to make room in there.

What are you thinking about?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 9

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 am

Good morning!

Mary - Sarah walked in the house a few minutes ago and saw this Seahawk mugrug on my island, and the first words out of her mouth, were wondering what this blasphemous thing was doing in this house. I then let her know, and she smiled. My nephew who is in the same camp as you, lives in St George. Sandee razzes him during the games via texts.

Tanner was able to sew half of the top of his quilt. He was so excited. I do have a picture of him with his quilt on the design wall. He calls the design wall, a place of honor and no other anything can be there until he is done. He will be back next Saturday. I even had him move the LA as if he was stitching, to have him practice. He did pretty well. The LA was not on, just rolling on the tracks.

Dinner - humm, I have cooked chicken, to turn into something. Michael wants more fried zucchini and cucumber dipping sauce, so a quick run to the grocery store for veggies.

Heading to the cave,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:34 am

Hello everyone,sunny here & warmed up to 40s.

Maryz I think when they see you coming at Thrift shops they bring out the fabric.lol 😂
You find the best deals.
Hadlee is better than she was.Thats all Denise said.She has Avery for the weekend so she didn’t elaborate.Sure she’s keeping her busy.Shes a non stop busy bee.
Sure your smaller containers would work better for Christmas fabric.
Yes Brodee is getting all kids of experiences but many you can do without.Our DGS,Levi’s DB said Levi told him Brodee will have to go to Charlotte to have shunt checked every month.Sure pray after a while they slack off.

I got my laundry done,lunch done & Helped CA Do Meds.At Dr this time they evaluated him by memory test & lots of questions.I am hoping the Pallative Care is helpful for us.At least we will give it a try.
I’m making sauerkraut with Smoked turkey sausage.Thought maybe the kraut might help CAs Stomach.Know it’s supposed to help.Have a wonderful meal. Becca

Jana You were typing at same time.Tanner must be taken with sewing.Our 2 DGDs Sure love it.Just wish they lived close to me.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Here is my Tanner with the top half of his quilt blocks. We are 11 across and will be 16 down. Each square is 5 inches. He turns 9 next week.

Return to “Chit Chat”