Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, HALLOWEEN!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, HALLOWEEN!

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:39 am

Good morning!

Happy Halloween! Compared to the rest of the country, we are having good weather here. Chilly but not COLD, cloudy but not wet, and we're not on fire - at least not here in the western part of the state. I think I need to swing by the old country cemetery just a mile away and once again thank my Grandparents for moving here back in 1902!

Yesterday I got the binding on my Christmas swap quilt. I haven't mastered posting photos yet so if you REALLY want to see a pic, I can text or e-mail one. We put another afternoon of yardwork in. It's starting to look pretty good around here. One or two more afternoons and we'll be DONE! In another few weeks, we'll rake the last of the leaves and we'll be good until spring unless we have a big storm that leaves us with debris to clean up.

We did notice that Vicki put a blanket up over her only window that faces our house. And her DD, Megan, texted us last night. She said Vicki never mentioned the P.O. to her so she finally asked Vicki about it. Vicki accused her of being "in on it" and hung up on Megan. So Megan's sister, Lori, called Vicki and Vicki accused her of the same thing! So my guess is Vicki isn't asking her daughters for a ride to the hearing tomorrow! That only leaves her son, Jeremy, in Seattle (50 miles away) who works full time, and her friend, Cindy. Those are the only four people in her life now. So my guess is Vicki won't be going to court. I doubt she's going to ask US for a ride!

Today, no errands or appointments. Just my usual walk and then cleaning bathrooms, sewing a couple of mug rugs for token Christmas gifts, and later, more yard work. We both seem to max out after 3 hours in the yard. Hence, trying to simplify the yard.

TINA - I hope both you and your dad are feeling better soon! That stone has to pass some time! Michael had them a lot. He was having a bout with them once while we were having a Halloween costume party. He was on Demerol, dressed in his bathrobe, and had dealy-bobbers on his head. and all our guests started a pool on when the stone would pass! One of his co-workers won the pool 2 days later.

BECCA - did you find everything you needed at the LQS? One of Eleanor's old friends - her next door neighbor while their boys were growing up - used to work at my LQS. Always fun to visit with her. How are all the projects going for the fund-raiser? I've seen bits and pieces of that NC entertainer's routine on FB. Would love to see her in real life!

JANA - you are COLD!! Bill did the same thing as your dad! I transplanted a rose bush from my parents' place. And I think they transplanted it from my grandparents' (who died in 1940 and 41). I had a baby start of that rosebush growing that I'd carefully nurtured for two years and Bill came along and mowed it down! I was NOT happy! You probably wouldn't like my yard. NOTHING is manicured or formal. I have a long, narrow 2-1/2 acre lot with woods in front and in back. In the middle of the lot is our house and about 1 acre of 'yard' that we leave mostly natural, filled with huckleberry (red and blue), Oregon grape, rhodadendrons, fireweed, foxglove, trees, rotten logs, big rocks, sword ferns, etc, Everything tumbles all over everything else. I just keep it somewhat trimmed and the briars, and actual weeds pulled as much as possible. Only a couple of places close to the house are actual flowerbeds. Those are what I want re-designed.

IRISH - Once, while we were parked out in the desert 25 miles north of Yuma, Bill was going into town to do manly errands. I was sewing a baby quilt in the trailer and needed some white TOT fabric. He went to the quilt shop all by himself and found the purrfect fabric for me! He even decided to buy an extra yard "just in case", which turned out to be a very good decision! I'm so sorry you've had a sad few days, but yet so many years filled with good memories of a happy life! God bless!

CHICKIE - I know this is mom's bath day so you are probably already on the job - as soon as you make Doyle's breakfast. Catch you tomorrow!

Supper here tonite will be pizza! With pepperoni, black olives, and American bacon. Yum!

What's tempting your taste buds for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, HALLOWEEN!

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 am

Here's Mary's beautiful quilt!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:07 am

Good morning from the semi-white tundra! Aaack!!! Woke up to everything covered with frozen rain and sleet. Fortunately, it will be 40 sometime today, and it is sunny now. I have to go to town and Mom sit while my sister and BIL go out of town. I plan to be back for my few trick-or-treat kids. I MUST be back for Ava! Her mommy has been making her this year’s costume, and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with. Ava loves strutting around and showing off her duds.
Yesterday was DH’s treadmill test. All went well, and nothing set off alarms. Now we are waiting for the doctor to give us a final report.

Irish—loved the shopping story! My DH would easily fit that scenario! He’s so funny, but hasn’t a domestic bone or nerve in his body. Thankfully, he’s not picky about my lack of housekeeping, either. I warned him I was NOT Susie Homemaker and have an aversion to housework! I think it’s a severe allergy!

Jana—We had a “feels like” 16 this morning. I’m so not ready for your temperatures!!!

Mary—my sister feeds her lilac bushes plaster and has awesome blooms. She got a bush that a friend got and had never had a bloom much to his checkbook’s sorrow. She planted it and feeds it, and it’s a showstopper now.

DH is back, so I need to get ready for brunch and head to town.

Not sure what’s for dinner. Pizza???

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 am

Good morning!

Got off the Socerer's apprentice to school this morning. They wear their costume at school and have a parade around the playground at lunch time. I made Ethan's last night. Nothing like the last minute! I will be the human popciscle, passing out candy tonight!

I was bored yesterday, so made three more Skinnies. A boy elf, a girl elf and a reindeer with Christmas lights tangled in his antlers. My walls will be quite warm with all these hung up for Christmas. Now to find a empty space on the wall for them! LOL! They are still in the making stage, so will play with them today.

Dinner - if I go out, a pizza may find it's way home here.

Mary - love the Christmas quilt and especially the backing fabric! It is perfect! Go and play with PostImage - I can load pictures from there to here and if I can, you can! I do have to send the picture to my desktop computer first, then upload to PostImage, but it works. You use the icon on the top of this box and it inserts the image code from PostImage. You have a great computer guru to help.

Chickie - it is too early to be this cold. But, maybe Mother Nature has a quota of cold days for us, so it will warm up in the Spring sooner!

Well, off to go play with my Batts!

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 am

Hello everyone,a rainy windy day here.Power blinked 5 times but stayed on.We are to be freezing tonight.We had 4 ins of rain yesterday,flooding all around.

Maryz Idid get everything I needed but not all I wanted.lol I am binding potholders & that will wind up my projects unless I get the Afghan completed which I don’t expect to.
My Forefathers settled in PA but migrated down to NC.
Your quilt is beautiful.I too love the backing,perfect for that quilt.
You must surely have your yard all manicured by now.
Hope the Court date goes off with out a hitch.

Chickie Hope you get to Moms & back safely.I sure don’t like driving on ice.

Jana Your House will be festive with all your art you are making.Stay warm tonight.

Tina Thanks for sharing Mary’s quilt with us.Hope That Stone is gone.My DDs was too big.She could never have passed it.Dr almost couldn’t get it.He was ready to cut her open & said he would try one more time.He got it on 3 rd Try.

I got the bathrooms cleaned ,floors cleaned,& dusting awaits.Have been doing all my flower pots as the cold is on its way.Sure do Enjoy them but it’s a lot of work.

Our eating here has gotten very lax because CA doesn’t care to eat.He drinks boost & is satisfied.It will be soup today.I made meat loaf & creamed potatoes yesterday.
Becca
I just saw a picture of Twins on Facebook.The parenting class at the high school made them little Halloween costumes,just a blanket,head ware .They both looked so cute sleeping away.They made cupcakes & sushi rolls for all the NICU unit.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:26 am

Good morning!
I'm back! 😂🤣 I've been going all over this morning.
Stone is still here, my pains are getting further apart and sometimes less in severity, maybe it's breaking up. I can't move very fast though.
Mary, I hope they give you that order by default if she doesn't show up.
Jana, love your skinnies!
Chickie, I hope you have a short day with your mom.
Becca, I love my flowers too even though as you say, they are a lot of work.
I have hamburger laid out for supper too make tacos but not sure I'll feel up to it. We went outside to let the chickens out and feed and water them, thankfully they still have water because the water froze and when I turned it on the pipe broke and got me wet! Frankie has a job to do now, he was supposed to get all the water lined wrapped and winterized.... guess he didn't.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”