Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:20 am

Good morning!

39* here. Brrr... Warming to a sunny 50* later today. Our forecast for the next 9 days at least. We got a few hours of yard work in yesterday afternoon. We decided we want our front redone for easier maintainance. I'm going to talk to my neighbor I walk with every morning - she and her husband own a landscaping business. I hope he's willing to do the design and work for us.

I also sewed two more potholders - Lori Holt's Santa pattern. I'll finish them off today. I got my little woolie turkey done last night (a gift from my SS) and started another one - a snowman gazing at the Christmas Star in the night sky (a gift from my SS last year, Kathy). The woolies make great TV work in the evenings in front of the fire.

This morning Bill and I both have dental cleanings and then he doesn't know it yet, but we need to stop at the grocery store. Then home to vacuum or sew or ?? More yard work this afternoon when it's warmer out.

We got word this morning that Uncle Ernie's house sold! It was only on the market for 5 days. We accepted an offer halfway between our asking price and what we expected it to actually sell for. So I think everyone is happy. Bill's cousin, the executor, moves to Mesa, AZ on Thursday so it's extra nice that this happened before he left.

JANA - I'm glad that you redid your blocks. Now you'll always feel an extra jolt of satisfaction when you look at that wallhanging. And its' good that you and Sarah were able to salvage the old blocks! You tell your nephew I'll be sitting with him at your Hawks/Niners watch party!!

BECCA - I, too, never expected the twins to survive at 23 weeks. But they've shown what they, and all the rest of your family, are made of! I expect great things of them through their lives. How did Brodee do with his LP yesterday? Are the Asian beetles the ones that look like ladybugs, but aren't?

CHICKIE - what wonderful costumes everyone came up with! I'm sure you had a terrific time! Would love to have been there! And what a wonderful surprise - another great grand baby on the way! End of May is when MY son was born. May I suggest May 27th as a good day to have a baby? :D LIVER!!! Worse than fish!! Good gosh, woman! I'm going to have to come back there to Kansas and clean our your freezer! Now it's all contaminated!!

TINA - glad your dr appt went well. What's up with your doc? an accident waiting to happen? And we didn't SEE the Denver game, but texted back and forth with my Colorado DBIL as he watched it and we watched the Hawks. Poor Al was crying, I swear! Bill goes grocery shopping with me, too. I carry the list and he pushes the cart. And we'll be at the grocery store in about 2 hours from now.

I guess I better get on my horse - we leave for the dentist in one hour and I'm still in my jammies. I gotta get in the shower! Now my hair will be wet.

Supper - I forgot to make it yesterday as we were working in the yard. So I ended up heating up a package of frozen chili on the woodstove while we watched the news last night. so today - chicken!

and you?

FarmChick

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 29

Post by FarmChick » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 am

Good morning! We were 33 degrees this morning! Brrr! I’m going to bundle up to walk the dogs today, as the winds will be from the north and seep into every seam! I’m also going to be making my treats today. Yesterday I got a potholder made—lots of interruptions.

I went with DH and the Hooligans to Coffeyville yesterday afternoon to pick up another trunk for him to restore. This is a medium sized camelback one and in fairly decent shape. It started raining on the way home after being gloomy and sprinkling on the way. Of course, there was road construction areas, and DH decided to take country roads that ended up as dead ends. I put on Google maps, and it just spun around my screen. I think Maps was lost, too! We made it and made it home a different way—still the “scenic” route!

Jana—I like to save those mistakes for potholders or small projects. I love orphan block quilts! It’s a challenge to put them together—but lots of fun! Glad you got peace of mind!

What!!! Your DHs go shopping with you!!! I’m my own Sherpa/beast of burden. DH will stop for an item, but a list would be overwhelming.

Dinner last night was yummy, even if Mary disapproves. It was a family sized package, so we will have more for a few nights. I guess my freezers are contaminated with all the Florida offerings and the liver. Too funny! But, the price is right for all of them!!! No complaints there—more fabric for me if I don’t pay for food!

I need to get busy and get everything made. Have no idea how DH’s tests will come out tomorrow, and Thursday will be a loss at my sister’s.

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:18 am

Good morning!

My heavy frost is a few inches of snow and it is sticking to the roads. Oh what a mess that makes on the freeways for Aaron! No one seems to heed the troopers advice when it snows, SLOW DOWN!

Not much here, putting the house in order and Michael has a conference call. Like those, he earns money!

Dinner - taco salads.

Still no word from Daniel - as far as I know, he is home, awaiting assignment.

Mary - we too are redesigning the front yard. We need to replace a driveway, sidewalk and the walk up to the house. I will lose my brick planter, so we will be changing a few things. Sarah is taking a landscaping class as part of the requirements for her college degree, so she is designing the yard, with a very picky customer, ME! Snow removal and salting destroys concrete, so this needs to be done.

Off to the Batt Cave,

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:29 am

Good morning!
Yep Mary, my Dr. was telling me about his weekend work.... he had a little Bobcat equipment thing and was trying to get mesquite out of his 2 acres property... well first off you need a backhoe for that job because the roots run deep. Anyway he got the Bobcat to shaking and stuff and tipped it over and smashed his forehead and cut it open so then a friend took his backhoe over and Doc was standing there watching him and when the mesquite came out it fell over right on the Doc and tore him open in several places, they have nasty sharp huge thorns! Accident waiting to happen there LOL poor guy.
Can I borrow your neighbor for my landscaping project? LOL wishful thinking 😉
Chickie, I laughed so hard at Mary's Good Gosh Woman, contaminated freezer 🤣😂🤣😂 I'm not a liver fan either but if it gives you fabric money, you go girl! I know it's good for people, my Dad loves it! We weren't too cold this morning but tonight it's gonna drop crazy and be cold for a week!
I had a rough night, I have a kidney stone, ugh. It hurts to move or walk but I'm trying to get it to pass by moving around and drinking. We have our last pizza night tonight and I don't want to miss it! They have a huge Halloween party and costume contest, I look forward to it!
Dad went for his 2 chemo shots today, my sister in law took him.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here at75.Just took walk & Im a puddle of sweat.

Maryz I haven’t heard from Brodees tap.I guess that what’s you mean.Im not up on the terminology.Usually if anything is wrong she ask for prayers but she hasn’t so I m Praying all’s well.He has been so much tohave come so far.They will be 3 months old on Saturday.
I too wonder what they will be.
Yes it’s the beetle that looks somewhat like a lady bug but these have tiny black dots on them & lady bug doesn’t.We don’t have any today.CA sprayed around house & screens with peppermint oil.Also I run porch fans when sun is out & ithelps Keep them away.They used to be really bad here but gets less each year.They were brought here to kill the algae that kills Hemlocks.Now they brought Stink bugs to eat theseThey need to let nature take care of its own.

Tina Your Dr sounds like a riot.Sure hope Dad does ok with his shots.Sure hope the stones pass,they are so painful.

Chickie I used to eat liver n onions but haven’t in years.I loved it & if it’s a gift go for it.Hope thewind doesn’t blow you away.Glad you found your way home.lol

Jana hope the landscaping project goes well.

I got laundry done,And some sewing.we are to have rain next 2 days so that will be good for sewing.I got some flower bulbs planted my BFF gave me.
We are having grilled pork chops,Lima beans. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am

Word on my Daniel - he was out in his area on three different fires this weekend.
His team was needed, but because he was already out on fire calls, he didn't go. He and the team delivered hoses and supplies. He is sure his team will be called sometime soon. Another big wind event is coming tonight.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Supper for me tonight will be a salami sandwich.

It was cold here last night. When I went to work at 4:30 this morning it was 23*. When I came home this afternoon at 2 it was 53*.

I like liver as well Chickie.

Becca, what wonderful news about the twins. I continue to keep them in prayer. God has a plan for their lives.

Now I need to put a few minutes into my SS gift before bedtime.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”