Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:28 am

Good morning!

We are 39* this morning. Our first morning in the 30's. And I can feel it! But we are in for a week of sunny days, mid 50's, with a bit of morning fog. But nights will be in 30's. PURRFECT weather! EVen for Halloween for the T/Ters!

Yesterday I just slowly plugged along in my sewing room. I finished 5 potholders, my two woolie needle cases, and a pile of 6-1/2" blocks to send to Mary Q for October lotto. I almost forgot about that! But they'll get there in plenty of time. I like to join because if I win, I use the blocks to make more donation quilts. This month was so easy - rail fence. I sewed two sets of 3 strips each and cut them into 6-3/4" lengths. Voila! done! I had 12 blocks! Winners can sew them together however they want.

Today - we are meeting my SIL, Terry, for Breakfast at 0800. We'll give her her quilt that Bill quilted for her. Then back home to watch Seahawk game at 10:00 while we do laundry. We don't care for 10am games. Seems wrong to drink coffee during the game, but seems wrong to drink beer at 10am, too! It's a quandry. Maybe this afternoon I'll cut out some more potholders. I like to have some on hand to use for hostess or 'token' gifts through the holidays. All the ones I've made so far are 'spoken for'.

IRISH - you got a lot done yesterday! I consider flipping a mattress an all day job! I have almost every DMC color made. And half of them are on the little white card "spools" and in those plastic boxes made for the spools. And half are in plastic bags (all the 600's in one bag, 700's in another, etc.) and they fill a photo storage box. Sadly, these threads get old and I'll never use them up before they rot. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Yesterday was my nephew's birthday. He passed away at 8 months when I was just 16. (I'm 68 now). I texted my brother just to let him know I was thinking of him and that his Davey hasn't been forgotten even after all these years.

JANA - Ethan is such a hoot! I bet he had Orion in stitches! And did he pick out his next pattern? Did you find a microwave? We just broke the handle on ours and when we went to buy a new handle, it was more than an new oven! I hate that we've become such a disposable society. Michael's observations about that photo of the train wreck are very interesting. I never thought of it being a staged photo for a movie. The photo itself is probably older than I am (and I just confessed that I'm 68). I'm sure it was in my aunt's things that my parents got when she died. She would be about 122 yrs old now.

BECCA - a blog would be great for family and friends to follow the twins' progress, but it would also be therapeutic for their parents. Writing about things is the purrfect exercise for dealing with stress, feelings (good and bad), worries. And the twins will certainly find it interesting later in life to read a journal of their early struggles. So sorry your CA is feeling so poorly. Are there stairs in your house that he has to navigate?

I think tonite we'll be having those burgers. It's going to be a sunny day at least, if not exactly warm. I overthought the weather when I bought burger and formed patties to freeze, I guess. Not sure what kind of side dish - could be oven fries or jo-jo's, but it might be salad, too. And I have canned baked beans .. . .

What's your supper story?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 27th

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:57 am

Hello everyone,sunny here now.We had 31/2 ins of rain.In Northern Mtns. trees were uprooted & semis were over turned.Wind I’m sure.

Maryz Yes a blog would be nice.The other Mother Of Twins in our family writes occasionally.She doesn’t have the time.
We do have stairs to basement & upstairs which he never goes up.We tried getting a stair Escalator but the vent of AC was in the way & they have to meet safety standards.So we didn’t pursue any further.Mostly I do the trips.At least he's up today.

Irish Flipping a mattress isn’t easy.I do mine too.Broke a lamp one day.

It’s going to be Baked potatoes.Veggie burgers.i have cookies I made .Snicker doodles.

I sewed yesterday.Have My potholders ready to bind.And coasters ready.We had rain all day.
Becca

carole

Post by carole » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:17 am

HEre I sit waiting for the time to leave for church. We have a new Pastor, and it will be his second Sunday to preach. He is from South Dakota.

Dinner tonight will be left over lasagna from last night because our card group will be here . at 6:30. Don't want to smell up the house with cooking. Lol

I spent three days this past week at a quilting retreat. We are a group of 32 women who have been together for 19 years. It is just so much fun to be together and have all the meals catered. It is held locally in a church and we go home at night to sleep. Best of both worlds.

MAryZ. YOu asked about Ken and his back. HE siding well. STill has some discomfort when he overdoes things, My RA and all the rest is finally under control. New infusion for the past month and it seems to be doing its job. Luke is getting old, but is such a wonderful dog He is my constant companion . Hate to bored him for a few days while we are going to the wedding. But I have no choice. BTW we are actually flying this time. Lol.

Well wishing all you ladies a wonderful day and prayers for all your needs.

Carole

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:42 am

Good morning!

I have SNOW! It is still falling. I am taping the 9'ers game to watch later. Aaron and family are coming over to watch too. Aaron is on duty during the game. My 9'ers are still perfect, at least while I am typing!

Dinner - still finishing leftovers.

We did get a new microwave - story and a half! You can read about the escapade over in sew ins.

I have a Christmas Navtivity wall hanging I started in California, before the move here, saw it here, lost it here, found it and worked on it, then put it away, welk pulled it out last night knowing all that was left was the embriodery of the words on it. I knew I had black floss, so went to get it, nowhere to be found. Looked through every drawer, found my red and white, but no black. Gave up and finished the blanket stitching on the last three stars and one angel. Those are all done, so thought I would check again the drawer I knew the floss should be in, and did find it that time! This wall hanging is being a pain, but will be done and up this year! All that is needed now are the words, eyes on everything, animals, angels, wisemen, Mary and Joseph, and shepherds. The baby is sleeping. And quilted too.

Better get going, Sarah is on their way home,

Enjoy,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy, partly sunny, warm, SW. Pa...I was surprised when I went out to feed the birds this morning...It had rained over night but was warm...The trees are finally putting on a show and my burning bushes are absolutely gorgeous...So far, the flowers in the flower beds are blooming but I'm afraid, one of these days, we'll get that nasty frost...

Mary, I had to laugh about you watching football at 10:00 in the morning...Kathy said, that was tough, getting used to the early games but then come night, didn't have to sit up half the night waiting for the outcome...We're just a bit sad in our house, the Penguins won but Notre Dame got whipped by Michigan, Judi should be happy.....
Tuesday will be another sad day, really had to believe he's gone 5 years... :cry: And then when I realize how much has happened in those last 5 years, wow!
Maybe one of my winter projects will be sorting through the floss and putting them on the plastic thingies....I have most of mine in baggies, numbered like you did...But, do have a feeling, I'll run out of time before I'll get them all done, lol......

Becca, So far so good, no broken lamps, lol...Normally, when I get the mattress up against the wall, Baby Girl has to lay way up on top of it...And then when I try to put it back on the bed, she gets between the foundation and the mattress..Such a help! A few years ago, the Veterans wanted to put in a stair climb for Jim but I think it would have been more for me, Jim was fine with steps...But, I told them to spend the money on someone who really needed it, more than us....I can imagine your mountains are so pretty this time of year...I remember the days when we traveled to N. Carolina and onto Tennessee, the trees were gorgeous....

Jana, I remember you talking about that wall hanging and so glad you found the floss..Mary or I could have sent you anything you needed....I've always liked the 49ers, especially when Joe Montana played....Hope they keep up their winning ways.....

Carole, (with an e), so glad to see you at the table...I've been wondering how you've been doing...Glad to hear the infusion is doing it's job...We were hoping my sister's doctor would be able to come up with something to help her but with her, there is really no help except pain management...I've been the lucky one in the family, my sister has it all and this old lady, nothing....Glad to hear your buddy, Luke, is still at your side...There are times when they can be so ornery but what would we ever do without them? And tell hubby to behave himself, not to over due.....Around here, there are very few quilters but it would be great to be able to get together and share.....

And after talking about that floss, I'm pulling out the colors I need for the stockings...Of course, this is after I straightened out the closet and everything is in place...Oh well, a neat sewing room/closet would be boring.....

As for dinner, might depend if anyone calls or stops over...I can always have a bowl of cereal but would rather someone stop in with a pizza....

You all have a great day.....

Happy eating...............

Eagle Update....All the nests are being built and soon ready for those eggs...The nest in Ft. Myers has been under attack by an owl, almost every night..The owl swoops in and knocks Harriet off the branch...It's going to be tough protecting the eggs and then the babies....Up here, our nests are looking good, won't be long..... :)

Return to “Chit Chat”