Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:07 am

Good morning!

No real rain yet this morning. I hope it stays that way as Kenn and Sue hit the road in a few hours. We want them to have good traveling weather.
We've had a good time, catching up. Sue & I hung out in the sewing room for a while, went through the Christmas blocks and all my Christmas fabrics, choosing sashing. So later today I hope to get busy on that project. When they arrived, our "neighborly welcoming committee" flung open her window and started taking pictures with her flip phone. She hung out that window, glaring and clicking, for about 8 minutes before slamming it closed again. If anyone served her yesterday, we didn't see it, but because of the angle of our houses, it's hard for us to see her driveway unless we make a concerted effort to go look. The kids are aware of what we did and seem to be in favor. They didn't let their mom know about it.

IRISH - happy you are home again and at the table with us! Sounds like a fun weekend for all who were there! Even if there was an abundance of "mac & cheese" :cry: Outside of that, I love Canasta and restaurants so I would have fit right in!

TINA - Sorry Klobase wasn't all it usually is for you. I know you really enjoy it. Probably your dad shouldn't be driving any place if he thinks he suddenly passed out. At least not until he gets checked out. Be a real bummer if it happened again while he was at the wheel.

JANA - I can see Ethan in his Mickey ears now! Did they stop at the Tehachapi Loop and watch for trains? You know, RVers take old garbage disposals and turn them into macerating pumps for emptying their tanks. At least that's what Bill did So we could run a regular DESIGNATED garden hose from our trailer (or a guest's RV) into our septic tank which is too long a distance for a regular RV sewer hose. So maybe the RV people in your family would want your old disposal. Videos on U-tube.

BECCA - I understand CA being "good tired". And I know you are pleased that Denise wanted one of your bears, even if you do have to make another one.

Tonite we're going to have veggie soup made from the broth and leftover steak from last night. I'll add the veggies, too, and maybe cut up a potato. I'm already hungry!

How's the supper planning coming along at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 22nd

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 am

Good morning!

Mary - RVers use broken, leaking garbage disposals? Since there are two in the family, we will ask them first, before it goes to Acme Landfill. Hope all goes well with the Vicki papers.

I will have Cup and Pint shortly for the day. I did get two pictures of Ethan one in his ears and on the merry go round and the other is his very hangry look. He was hungry and Sarah offered to get him amusement park snack. He was having nothing to do with cotton candy, ice cream, etc. He wanted real food. Oh the look on that face! I will share those later, as I need to be on my computer, not tablet to post a picture.

Dinner - we will see - the sprinklers need attention first, so I have a bucket under the sink and I can still run the dishwashers. Michael worked on the system, but left what he needed in our truck, which we loaned to Scott in the afternoon. It is a good thing we have extra vehicles at this house. Scott has an all electric car, he commutes in, but needed to go farther than the car's charge can do. He would have traded cars with Sandee, but alas, that car is in California! Well, now we can get the pieces parts out and finish the sprinklers. Now to the next saga - I need to borrow a car seat to be able to take Lila home later. That is at Sarah's house and Stu can bring it down. Makes it easy with everyone so close!

Well, my charges arrived, and want my buttermilk pancakes,

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:46 am

Good morning!
Mary, sounds like you had fun with Sue and Ken šŸ˜Š I sure hope they got those papers served to Vicki! Your supper sounds yummy!
Irish, your adventures sound awesome!!
Becca, the good tired is the best kind šŸ’–
Jana, was he crazy happy excited when he realized where they were going? All of my grandsons get hangry too! It's not pretty! I think we're more in tune to it then Holly and Adam but Maria and Kevin are on top of theirs.
Not much going on here, I'm trying to get 2 Halloween bags done for Preston and Matthew.
Dad didn't have another episode, he thinks it was from not eating right. The Dr. wants him to lose weight but Dad was skipping meals and I didn't know about it. He was trying to just eat for supper mostly. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I think I'm going to try out my new PC Quick Cooker that I earned for free for supper. It's Pampered Chef's version of the InstaPot. There's a few recipes in the cook book that came with it that sound yummy, I'll let ya know šŸ˜‰
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am

Hello everyone,sunny here & beautiful after a rainy start today.
Maryz I do hope they got the paper served.So Glad you & Sue got to have fun with blocks.
Yes Whatā€™s funny is Denise gotthe Bear & Doll for her Grandchild she is hoping for.They Have Avery.

Jana Ethan is a wise little boy.I never liked junk food especially at those kind of places.

Tina No food explains why he passed out plus he was probably dehydrated ,too.Hope itā€™s nothing serious.

Irish You are the traveling lady.Glad you had fun.We used to play a lot Of canasta.Lots of fun.Glad the bears stayed away.

I got laundry done,walk took,some sewing,Still more to do & knitting too.Plenty Of projects going .All for our sweet babies.

CA has his last BBQ.I made me a big salad with fruit on side.Still have brownies. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:25 am

Good afternoon from a very soggy, chilly, SW. Pa...But, I'm hoping Becca's sun finds it's way up north....

Mary, does sound like you had a good time with Sue and Kenn. even with just a little entertainment....And of course you would fit right in with this family, would love, love to have you....Another trip is being planned so if you could pencil us in on your calendar....Kathy sent me a text and said they might be stopping in Jacksonville sometime today and then a visit with Harry and David....I'm hoping for a "care package" from H & D, lol.....

Becca, send some sun please, we're fresh out....This weather sure has been goofy...

Jana, will be anxious to see the pictures...Boys, no matter the age or size do need to be fortified...Isn't it funny how the vehicles are moved around? Right now, Kevin is the only one with a truck and there are times when you need a truck but I've found I can get quite a bit in my Subie, thank goodness....

Tina, you also are so busy, puts me to shame...Feel so bad about your Dad, not only for him but for you....You certainly don't need that worry.....

Being soggy and chilly, a very good day to stay inside and sew...A friend wants a couple of clothes pin holders made from her old Micky Mouse car seat covers...Just might be up for the challenge today, maybe.....I really don't like making or altering any more but this friend has a place in Florida that I like to visit, lol.......

As far as dinner, thinking of putting a small meat loaf in the oven with some potatoes...I did cook some cauliflower so all together might be a good dinner (and leftovers for a couple of days, lol).....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating..............

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:27 am

Good morning! Remember me! Iā€™ll be here until DH arrives and I get interrupted. Yesterday was a day or working all day. I helped DH with his firewood business and helped load out 8 ricks of firewood. One of his annual customers came for their supply. The trailer held 4 ricks at a time. I was really tired last night, plus there was a lot of wind and blew a lot of wood dust into my eyes. This morning they were ā€œgluedā€ shut. They still burn, but all of the woodpile is gone, so no wood loading today! Iā€™ll be walking Choc and Ava, but I hope to sew if my eyes donā€™t bug me.

I had the most awesome, sweetest surprise yesterday in the mail. I canā€™t tell you how much I appreciated the love and thoughtfulness behind it.

Maryā€”if you see this and Sue is still there, tell her hi! Know you had a blast together! Sounds like your neighbor gave them an interesting welcome. Iā€™m sure it could have been much worse!

Irishā€”what a fun time! You can serve me up that ā€œmac ā€˜n cheeseā€ any time! Iā€™m really into eating it in wraps.

Tinaā€”sorry about Klobase not being up to expectations.

Janaā€”your house sounds like mineā€”never a dull moment! Itā€™s cool that Ethan prefers ā€œrealā€ food! Bet he is in the minority compared with most kids his age.

Beccaā€”we are to have rain Thursday and a nasty drop in temperature. How neat for Denise to get the doll and bear! I had a ā€œhope to have grandkidsā€ chest that I worked on for years. It came in handy when the kids got 5 minutesā€™ notice to be in delivery room for an adoption! I had lots of fun thingsā€”a rainbow afghan I did in baby yarns for little Daniel Noah to be wrapped in to come home from the hospital!

Irish--it's not letting me post until I say hi to you!!! My truck will be pulling one of your car's tricks when I come home from Mom care Thursday. I always think of you when I do the "wheel in to..." trick!

Yes, I got interrupted above. We walked Choc and Ava. DH went to town to work on a roof. I know I should have gone, but he was in a toot and didnā€™t want to wait for me to get back, soā€¦ I will go to my sewing room! I messed up my measurements/calculations on the deer panel quilt, so I need to work something out and get the top put together. I hate it when I do that! Iā€™m 10ā€ off!!! Somehow I missed carrying that one for the ten column. Aaak!!! At least I didnā€™t mess up cutting, and I think I can do some moving things around or leaving out and come up with a top.

Dinner tonightā€”probably pork chops for DH. I think Iā€™ll have a salad. I also have cibatta bread! I received a King Arthur catalog the other day, and there was a cibatta recipe. They used Asaigo cheese (which I can no longer get in town) and a fancy cibatta baker. I used a combination of Monterey jack and Parmesan (I had a block) shavings. I used a big covered roaster top on a cookie sheet. It was/is wonderful!!! Iā€™ll save the recipe and make it again! It took awhileā€”had to make the starter the day before and leave it on the counter overnight, but it was so worth the delay! Maybe a toasted chunk would help me figure out my mathā€¦

Bon appƩtit!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:44 pm

I'm so happy! I had a small chunk of cibatta and went into my sewing room and looked at my pieces on the design wall, my sketch on graph paper and checked my math. I hadn't made mistakes! I added a small border to the panel that was too small for my blocks, then I put everything together.
Top is finished!!! Who-hoo!!!

Return to ā€œChit Chatā€