Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:37 am

Good moning!

44* here. Dry - so far. I'm gradually digging out warmer and warmer jackets!

Yesterday was a good day! Seahawks won! Broncos won! I got a big closet cleaned out and now have half an empty shelf! We got a quilt loaded on the quilting frame, and I started freehanding it. A little nervous because I'm not so good doing what needs to be done for this quilt. What was I thinking?? 16" blocks! In cleaning the closet, I also hauled out all the Christmas stuff - gifts - I buy over the year. Got it all organized, lists made, things wrapped and sticky notes or tags on it all. Most gets mailed. Plus I worked a lot on my two woolie projects - for me and for Emily. Whew! I know I'm early for Christmas, but my SIL says she is going to Austin in November to visit her cousin and offered to deliver a box to Autumn for me. At the cost of postage I wasn't going to turn that down! But she will be here in a week or so from Vegas to check on her house here and to pick up my box, so I gotta get movin' on that. There won't be much in it, mostly token stuff. But it's still costly to mail so I want to have it ready for her to take. And then I hope she doesn't change her plans. She did that one year and carried my birthday gifts around for half a year! (she travels in her motorhome.)

BECCA - I would love to share a photo of my wool work, but not on the forum. I'm also making one for my elf! So Shhhh ...... Mum's the word! If I were crocheting an afghan, it would take me about 4 years. And forget knitting!! Simply can't do it. You must be a speed demon! What kind of soup did you make?

LORI - happy belated birthday to your DB. Sorry he is so sick. I'll be walking my boy here in a bit, too. We walk with another Lori and her white shepherd, Duchess. Every weekday unless it's too stormy or we're gone. 1 to 2 miles, depending on where we go. It's a good day for soup!

IRISH - my mom would be 105, too, though her birthday was last July. She died in 1989, two weeks after Roy died. She was a fun, Irish mom. And I, too, would like to think she can get a window on how her family has grown. I hope you get your warm-ish weather today! Did I smell cinnamon rolls yesterday or was that my imagination?

Tonite will be the last of the leftovers - spaghetti. Actually, only the sauce and meatballs are left over. We do get new pasta. :) And a salad.

Have you got a plan yet?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 14th

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 am

Good morning!

Well, as y'all are counting mom ages, mine would have been 102 in June. I lost her in the end of 2000. My dad would have turned 113 this year.

The sun is up, shining brightly and we are warm, about 55 right now.

Not much going in here. Nice day for soup and fresh rolls.

Enjoy,
Jana

Soup just morphed into homemade pizza - that is what happens when I watch Pioneer Woman. She did a yummy looking pizza.

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am

Hello everyone,sunny here today at 70.

Maryz I thought after I asked you to share that you wouldn’t be able to.I used to knit an Afghan in 2 1/2 wks the Isle Of Aran pattern which was complicated.my Moms Birthday is Oct 24.She would be 106.Dad would be 107. You are sure an early bird but I would too if you save postage.Our packages out there to WA cost us an arm & leg but we still send them.I made homemade veggie soup.It was delicious.If I did make it.

Jana I have never watched Pioneer Womman because our TV is never cut on in day time & not much at night.I enjoy the kids championship cooking shows.Glad you found those little girls some clothes.I saw a dress today I wanted for Hadlee but it was too big..

I got to DDS & they had sign on door closed from Oct 9 -15.Sorry for any inconvenience.No call nothing.Last time CA went the same thing happened.I consider them a poor business.We are both ready for a new one.Also struck out at Clothing Store.Only place I found anything was a thrift store,some pretty cards.
We had Veggie Homemade soup.I could eat it for a week but CA won’t. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:42 am

Good afternoon from a warmish, sunny, SW. Pa...So far I haven't been out, only to pick up the paper and feed the birds but I'm headed outside very soon.....

Mary, even on a "day of rest" you get more done than most people, lol...Wow, what a great day or weekend for football...1st of all, my Irish beat a big rival, USC...Didn't win by much but a win is a win...And then our Penguins won 2 games in a row, big time scores and goals by a couple of newbies, which is always great...Your "birds" put on a good show and then even the Steelers won....Yep, good sports weekend...And, yes you did smell cinnamon rolls which almost morphed into bird feed...I normally mix and do it all by hand but decided to pull out the bread machine...Thank goodness I only made 1/2 the recipe but had everything measured and ready to go...Got it going and then the machine made a terrible noise...The dummy of the house forgot to make sure the little beater thingie at the bottom was attached the right way...So dug through the dough, got it together, plugged it in again and it started to vibrate...The basket that held the dough had come loose...Got it going again and was very surprised it worked and they came out half decent....Think I'll stick to mixing by hand from now on...I've always said, I should not have things that have too many gadgets,
lol....

Jana, pizza does sound very good...But in this house, it would only be good if someone else made it, or ordered and picked it up....Enjoy your dinner, think of me probably have crackers, lol.....

Becca, know you're probably as busy as ever....Are you having good weather? Would be perfect for walking....

I went upstairs to get dressed and ended up changing my bedroom around, which isn't an easy task...It's also my sewing room and of course, filled with too much stuff...Along with really confusing Baby Girl, I think I got everything in order...The cat is still upstairs trying to figure out what happened....
Yesterday, I did make reservations for Florida but this trip isn't until Feb. This is to visit 2 of the lunch gals in Naples...I still want to get to Ft. Myers in November or Dec. but we'll see...
My sister who wants to go to Naples with me just called and is scheduled to have her other knee done in January so, Naples might be out for her...She is now thinking maybe Arizona before the knee...Of course I did ask her, what's more important, her knee or our traveling?????

As for dinner, don't think anyone is picking up a pizza so it might just be a poached egg or cereal....

You all have a great day.............

Happy eating..........

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Good afternoon ladies.

Irish, go to change and end up rearranging the room. I bet that poor cat is very confused. lol I bet those cinnamon rolls were delicious.

Jana, I love the recipes the Pioneer Woman does. I only watch her once in a while.

Maryz, spaghetti again? I guess it would be okay if you changed what wine you drink with it every night.

No dinner here. We had a late lunch because I have a committee meeting for guild. Don't like to rush dinner so we do a late lunch and snack if we get hungry.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi everyone!!!
I'm sliding in to my chair, better late than never 😉
Mary, happy Christmas present making 💗 I'm glad all weapons were hidden.
Jana, I like watching Pioneer Woman too! She has some yummy recipes!
Becca, that's awful about your dentist appointment!
Irish, I think I need your cinnamon roll recipe please 💗
Lori, what do you do at your guild meeting? I've never been to one so I'm curious.
I had Holly just leave the kids here again last night because they weren't going to be getting here till around 1am and I was exhausted and my plan was to sleep but that didn't happen because my legs, ankles and feet were so swollen they were killing me. Oh well. I spent the morning deep clean vacuuming with my rainbow and moving plants around and doing all the laundry....I had 2 extra loads this time from the kids. In putting the last one in the dryer right now.
We just had burgers on the grill tonight.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”