Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Oct 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Oct 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:06 am

Good morning!

Chilly this morning at 41* but we'll be going to 64 by this afternoon. And sunny! Having several beautiful fall days in a row! I finished up my laundry yesterday, and got my sewing room re-organized, plus finished my woolie project. I'm pleased with how it came out and am ready to start another one just for fun. I will put one in my SS gift and keep one for myself. Any my DDIL, Emily, would like this, too, and I happen to have her name in our Christmas draw. 8-)

We had a interesting morning yesterday - We tried to file a complaint on-line with Sheriff's office on things Vicki''s done over last 3 weeks and they said anything that involves people has to be made in person to a deputy. So they sent two officers to our house. One has been here 2 or 3 times before re Vicki and assured the "new guy" about her living conditions, her mental state, etc. I believe he's the one who called an ambulance last fall after talking to her for just two minutes. Anyway, they were surprised that APS will do nothing and advised us to file for a civil restraining order. He said, she will violate it, of course, and then the courts will be forced to step in and at that time, we can submit all our documentation. A judge will then determine what to do about her. Maybe she will receive help through that avenue. We will do this on Monday. Bill has to go to Seattle today. Ironically, yesterday was national Mental Health Day. Even though her issues are a result of Huntington's Chorea I'm pretty sure Vicki qualifies as mentally ill! We also learned yesterday that her brother died a short while ago of the same disease. As we walked the deputies out a car arrived at Vicki's - a friend who we had met many years ago in Vicki's saner past. She was driven away by Vicki, but just started coming by again recently to check on her. I thought it interesting that she immediately assumed, when she saw two sheriff's cars in our yard, that it involved Vicki and so came over and talked to us all at length. She said Vicki was sleeping and never saw the cops here. She checked the yard, deck, and patio for us and said the axes have been removed, probably by V's DD. That was a relief.

LORI - you know the new old saying, "Live is short, eat dessert first!". Well, of course you do!! You had cake in the afternoon! I hope it was white cake - my fave! We've had Monte de Oro wines and we've had Tempernillos (which we loved), but I don't think we've ever had Monte de Oro Tempernillos. A new one to watch for! We like honey on our oatmeal, too. We add peanut butter as well and it 'sticks to our ribs' better. What Christmas project are you starting?

JANA - only 8 flakes?? You got cheated! My sister north of Denver got 2 inches. I think we've driven by some of those sod farms Sarah works with. You are really going to town on those skinnies and wall hangings. I assume the one for Sarah is a surprise? I won't tell! You will enjoy being able to see more of Sarah!

BECCA - no LQS yesterday? :cry: At least you have something to look forward to on Monday! You will be busy next several weeks getting ready for the fund-raiser! I think Chickie's suggestion of lighter-weight fusible is better than mine. How are the twins doing? They had eye exams on Monday, didn't they? Eyes are checked periodically on preemies to make sure they aren't getting too much oxygen, which can cause damage to eyes. Most preemies' eyes can't take the 21% that we breathe so their O2 is carefully measured and eyes routinely checked.

CHICKIE - we love caprese salad. Maybe I'll make that tonite when company comes for spaghetti . . . The quilt show sounds like just the right size. I like them to be small enough so you can really enjoy the quilts. But I also like the vendors! :D I'm glad Odie gets to go to Gramma's with you. He's good company. Jake from State Farm at the halloween party. That's funny!! Sso how many adult females in the family now? Are the Michigans not finding out what the baby is? They should be able to know by now - if they want to. I'd rather wait, but not sure I couldn't keep from "peeking".

TINA - I'm coming looking for you!! I know your tests were 'clear' and you have an appt with a neurologist Nov 21st. And Preston just has his 3rd (?) birthday! Will he start pre-school next fall?

Our beans and pork last night were pretty good! I added onion, garlic, one Hatch chili diced, bullion, and ground pepper. We have just enough left for one more meal. Tonite our friends, Doyle and Susie, are coming over for supper. They've been out camping in various places for about 6 weeks so we're looking forward to seeing them. Spaghetti is on the menu. As is a little sprucing up in the house. I need to hit the grocery store, chiropractor, pick up the mail, and then get my sauce made and simmering. I like Chickie's idea of caprese salad - something a little different than plain old salad, which we have almost every day.

Happy Suppertime!

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Oct 11th

Post by Irishgram » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:05 am

Good morning from a very sunny but still chilly, SW. Pa...But, today might be the last of our super nice Fall days for awhile..Supposed to be rainy and nasty for the weekend.....

Mary, you really should write that book, the Vicki saga just goes on and on...Hoping and praying something can be done, for her sake as well as your's......

Been trying to catch up with everyone but it doesn't seem to be happening...I'm off and running again, this time, will be seeing "Dr. Hunk" so it's going to be a good day, lol....Yesterday, I had lunch with the MOW gals and then went to my sister's...Our Chris's wife and her new fellow were stopping at my sisters and of course I wanted to visit with them also...After almost 5 years, the sparkle is back in Katie's eyes and we are all so happy for her...Her fellow was interested in a set of drums my late DIL had and thus the visit but it was so, so nice to see them....And in visiting, Joe, the new friend was quite comfortable talking about Chris...But, the main thing, Katie is smiling again....

Really need to get some "decent" looking clothes on and be on my way...My sister wants to have lunch after the appointment and then wanted me to stay the night...But, I've been running all week and just want to come home and stay....I do have my "bug out bag" in the car, so we'll see if she's good at convincing...

Dinner, I know for sure I won't be cooking, lol.....

You all have a great day.......Will catch up with you soon.....I hope!

Happy eating..............

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 am

Good morning from the frozen tundra!

We were at 20, but now maybe 28! Looks so pretty outside, the trees have turned and we have beautiful blue sky, but then you open the door, and bam, it is cold! So nice of Mother Nature to deceive us! NOT!

Gracie, Lila and parents will be here later. Gracie and I will make cookies, Lila will nap, while Michael is helping Aaron and Kate. I have laundry going and need to wrap the exchange gifts for tonight.

The December wall hanging is waiting to be layered and quilted. I have the pieces parts ready for January's. Now, if Michael will get my rod hung for these.... he may end up in my doghouse if he doesn't! The rod has been waiting since July, I am patient, up to a point! LOL!

Dinner is leftovers from a new recipe I found. It was tasty, but needs a small tweak. It was a rotisserie chicken stuffing cassarole. The tweak is more stuffing on top. I have learned to try the recipe first, just as it is written, then tweak it the next time. I will also cut it in half, so there won't be so much leftover next time.

Mary - axes? On the deck? Oh my, lets hope the restraining order works and she breaks it quickly!

Irish - enjoy your day and if your sister twists your arm, you are ready.

Time to change laundry,

Enjoy,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:43 am

Chickie, Caprese salad is one of my favorites. I grow fresh basil about 9 months out of the year, so it's always on hand.

Marzy, Spaghetti and meatballs is one of DH's faves. I'll be making that for his birthday dinner while we are in Utah. I'll bring up herbs from my yard for the meatballs. Bummer about the Vicky Drama.

Jana, I like rotisserie chicken, but not stuffing. The tweak would be to leave the stuffing out. lol

Well my dinner didn't happen last night. My brother went to a Dr's appointment and they wanted to admit him. He has COPD and his oxygen levels were very low. He refused and it became a huge ordeal. I had to drive my parents to the Dr's office and then my Dad had to drive him home. I brought my Mom to my house while my Dad convinced my brother to go to the ER. With Mom's dementia it can be quite a challenge. So when all was said and done, it was 7:30 pm. I had a glass of wine with bread and cheese. The wind was delicious. Maybe I'll get to make dinner tonight.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am

Good morning, I think! The bottom dropped out of our thermometers, and the wind is blowing from the north. But, it is sunny! Of course, that means freeze warnings tonight! It was just last week when we were in the 80s! This is just not right!!! When I went in to Mom sit, it was 77 degrees. When I came home, it was 52 and 38 when I got up this morning.

Lori—I can relate to caring for someone with dementia. DH’s mom had it when she lived with us. I’m fortunate that my Mom doesn’t have it. So sorry you are having to deal with all the family issues! It is definitely challenging. I think wine, bread and cheese is a perfect dinner! I’m not much for cooking any more. I need to get some good mozzarella at the store, then I can have caprese salad—the more we talk about it, the hungrier I get for it.

Jana—we are not as cold as you are, and I’m glad for that! Whatever did we do for Mother Nature to throw such temper tantrums!!! Everyone seems to be getting it—fires in SOCAL, storms in the North East, and this freeze bowl in the midsection! You are VERY patient! I tell DH 3 times, then I do it myself. It might not be done to his specs, but I get it done.

Irish—so good to see you! Will you get caught in the nor’easter? Your Dr. Hunk reminds me of when my DD was a freshman in college, and I had to take her to the ER. A very young Dr. Hunk diagnosed her with mono. She was CRUSHED when he thought she was in junior high instead of college! Oh, that’s wonderful for Katie! It was so sweet of DH’s late wife’s family to welcome me as family when we got together. I feel like Joe, that DH’s late wife was my friend or my sister who isn’t here anymore. Sounds like Katie and Joe are the same way.

Mary—I do hope something can be done about Vicki’s situation… best for her and for you. Yes, you should write a book about the progression of the disease and what caregivers should be prepared for—maybe prepare them for a battle for “supervised” care rather than staying at home. You could do it from the viewpoint of a friend and a nursing background. At least you should submit articles to medical magazines.

I’ve been trying to get enough Benadryl down to get my eyes able to see and my nose to quit draining enough to sit up and type. We still have ragweed, goldenrod and other pollen-producing agents in bloom. With this wind, I’m miserable. I’m also hoping to get into my sewing room. I need to bring my plants in from the porch, as it’s to be 30 tonight. By Wednesday we will be back to 75!

Dinner tonight—I know there is pulled pork and Chinese. I will make some rice in the cooker and maybe some chocolate pudding. We certainly won’t starve here!

Bon appétit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:47 am

Hello everyone,sunny here at 76.
Maryz Twins update was in sew-ins.They both have the CPac now for oxygen.Hadlee still has vent not closed in Heart.Brodees eye issue is common in premmies.It can be lasered if it doesn’t clear on its own.He weighs 3 .6 She is at 2.10 so both are growing.
I sure hope this gets you action on Vicky.

Tina Still Thinking Of you & hope all is well.

Jana 6 flakes would be good for me.lol

Irish Glad Your DDIL is smiling again.It took Alex our DS 5 yrs too.

Lori Enjoy your trip to Utah.

We ate out after Optamalogist visit.Then Home.Now I Must get up to sewing room.
Our visit with Levi was such a great surprise & we got all the details on Twins.It was so enjoyable. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi everyone!
Sorry my day was a little crazy today. We had our annual appointment to go over our insurances and see if we needed to change anything, then delivered a couple of local Pampered Chef orders, then we went to visit Frankie's aunt and actually got to play ball with her and her group with the physical therapist lady, then went and bought mostly meat at our local grocery store. I don't buy meat at Wal-Mart, I prefer our locally owned small town grocery store....we know the butcher's and most all that work there. We got home at noon and put all the groceries away and ate lunch and then I spent a few hours working on a Facebook PC party then it was time to go to the winery and listen to my little brother and one of his bands. We just got home at 9 and I ended up feeling cold and had my first hot chocolate of the season, so yummy!
Mary, Preston turned 4, the little stinker!
I sure hope they actually do something with Vicki, that sounds scary that she had weapons. Mary, I didn't know that about preemies and oxygen and eye site. One of my aunt's was a preemie about 70 years ago and she's legally blind, Dad always said it was because they gave her too much oxygen when she was born, now I understand.
Becca, yes I'm doing better, thank you 💗 the dizziness has passed and I seem like I only shake when I get tired, Today was one of those days. I have a Dr's appointment locally the 28th and then the neurologist in Cruces on November 21st. I'm really thinking I had a bad heat or Sun stroke. I really thank you for asking and caring 💗💗
You all are so sweet and make me feel loved 💗💗💗
Irish, awww I'm so happy for your Katie 💗
Lori, I think is like you to invite me for that supper next time 😉
Chickie, we were cold this morning too! It was 62 in the house this morning! I had Frankie bring in one of my elephant trunk plants, the other one is in a huge clay pot and requires the dolly so fingers crossed it'll be ok tonight. My plants came off of cuttings from Frankie's sister who got it from their dad so it's double special to me.
Jana, our wind was coming from the NE, brrrrr it was icy! In northern NM they were at 17! That's too fast of a drop to me! The huge drop in temps is affecting the balloon festival in Albuquerque.
I'm going to have Jazmyne, Easton and Preston starting tomorrow morning until Sunday evening, Holly and Adam are going close to Phoenix to watch a football game....the Falcons and Cardinals. Tomorrow we're taking Duncan and Rosie to the groomer and then Frankie, Jazmyne and me are going to go get our flu shots. I'm making veggie beef soup tomorrow for supper since everyone loves it, it's easy for me and with the cool temps I think it'll be perfect!
Past my bedtime now. Goodnight. Hopefully I'll be able to slide into my chair early tomorrow.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”