Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:21 am

Good morning!

We've warmed up to 49* for our morning temp as opposed to yesterday's 48*. And a little intermittant rain but not pouring like yesterday. We started out the morning with an eye-opening bang. Up at 4:45. Then Scottie wanted out. I was groggy, picked up the leash, opened the door, and out he shot! And I still had the leash! I tried for 15 min. to get him back. Once he gets a taste of freedom and all the overnight smells from raccoons and other critters, he's NOT coming back - not even for cookies. He covered our 2-1/2 acres and Vicki's 2-1/2, top speed, barking at every leaf, twig, mouse, owl, and rock he passed. I finally got Bill up but he couldn't catch him either. After a half hour of chasing this ding dang dog, we rolled up the shop door, which brought him close, but not close enough to snag. Then we started the tractor and he followed it, but quietly, ever suspicious. I was probably a sight, in my nightshirt and bathrobe, driving the tractor. At least it was dark! After a bit I parked the tractor, left it running, and tossed treats near it. Finally, I was able to make a grab and caught him. GRRRRRrrrrrr.. I think I said a few days ago - 'next time we decide to get pets, we're not going to!' Of course, he swung through Vicki's smorgasbord of broken eggs, rotting vegetables, onion peels, and more as he tore around. He just got over his last 3-day bout of you-don't-want-to-know-what, after snacking on her porch spread. Trying to find a black dog in the dark is worse than looking for a white cat in the snow! I need coffee! Stat!!

In other news - While Bill was in Seattle yesterday I got laundry done, packed my clothes for camping, packed the trailer freezer, made up a wool embroidery kit to take along, and got about 1/3 of my cabinets and drawers cleaned and purged of a few items. I might do a few others today. I'm afraid I'll lose my cabinet-cleaning spark if I don't get them done before camping. Today I'm washing sheets and putting the flannels on both the house and trailer beds. It's also housecleaning day and we hope to have it all done by 1pm so we can settle down and watch the Seahawks hopefully win. We also need to make a run to the grocery store for a couple last minute things plus get our flu shots. We're late (for us) on those. But that may happen tomorrow morning instead.

TINA - how are you feeling?
IRISH - are you still at Kathy's or did you fly home yesterday?
BECCA - My back cringes when I read about you out working in your yard. I've done so little yard work this year. I miss it, but owie, owie! I hope you have a relaxing Sunday. Hopefully little Brodee can go back with Hadlee soon. How far away is he from her?
CHICKIE - Things must be hopping at your place. I hope you've had time to eat supper. Even if it is catfood.
ROSEBUD - hot dogs on salad?? Seriously? Well, better than tuna!!
JANA - actually I did know about the Japanese sub in the strait but not The Rest of The Story about the fishing trawler. Thanks for sharing! I bet Michael had an interesting hitch in the service! Did you get your snow?

Since we're having a turkey dinner tomorrow with our friends, Bob & Betsy, who are coming up from Oregon we don't want leftovers tonite. So it will either be grilled cheese and salad or a poached egg on toast with salad. We need to have salad to eat up our veggies before they go south.

Got any ideas for your supper tonite?

And here's an operating hint: I was typing away this morning on this post. I stopped to re-read (sometimes I do remember to proof what I write :lol: ) with my hands hovered over the keyboard. I must have brushed a key because suddenly my post was gone. I tried back arrow and that didn't work. So I tried forward arrow, twice, and there it was!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 29

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:38 am

Good morning!

Mary - you were a very busy beaver yesterday and then that darn, loveable Scottie! Since Perry died, we have not felt the need or desire to add another furball here. If I need a loveable kitty fix, I go up to Sarah's. Smudge and Abby are very willing to sit in my lap and be petted. They both are extremely loud purr-ers and love attention. Oh yes, Michael has tons of stories. He served most of his duty on a tanker, off the coast of VietNam and then on the destroyer, training reservists.

Today is church. Right now it is raining and we are at 39, no signs of snow, as the clouds are covering my mountains. But I am sure they have snow. If we fall any further, snow might fall at the house. We are waiting....

Dinner - we still have some leftovers from dinner out. Michael likes me to do up hashbrowns and eggs after church. So I will and snack later on the leftovers.

What a adventure yesterday for 2 pieces of fabric. Three different LQSs,nothing, then as the last resort, Jo Ann's. They were serving #62 and I swear the whole valley was waiting in line, so Sarah grabbed a number, before we looked for fabric, just in case we found the two. It was #88! Of course, they had just the perfect fabrics, so we waited. And wandered and found more stuff we just had to have. So it wasn't too bad.

Well, I need to finish getting dressed, showing up in a slip and pantyhose, with curlers for a hair style is not quite kosher.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 29

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:44 am

Hello everyone,sunny here after rain yesterday.It was much needed.
TWINS UPDATE.Brodee weighs 2lb 15 oz.He will have ultrasound to make sure the button is working properly,then he will go back to Asheville Monday or Tuesday.They will both have eye exams again.

Hadlee weighs 2lb 5 oz now.She has had a runny nose but it’s better.The Heart murmur hasn’t been heard anymore.
We thank each of you so much for your prayers and love.They ask for healing for both their little brains.Many Thanks. Becca

You will not believe this.Clara Sister to Adalyn broke her arm on Friday on a slide at the Park.Now she will have a cast next week after swelling goes down.Really hated it because she’s in School.

Maryz Im afraid I would not have been as patient.lolol Our dachshund used to run off but he didn’t go far & would come when I called. He loved chasing squirrels.lol
Guess he got all the woods & Vickys yard checked out.
Enjoy your guests & trip.
Oh my don’t even mention the back.It takes a toll but someone has to keep the place decent.

Jana So Glad you found the right fabric.That is so frustrating.

We are having beef stew for CA,over rice.Burger for me,lettuce & tomato. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”