Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sept 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sept 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am

Good morning!

We have 49* and pouring rain this morning. Part of the storm system that's dumping snow in our mountains right now. I'll be washing and packing clothes for camping today and I think I better skip the shorts and capris and go right for mukluks and umbrellas!

Yesterday was Costco and Safeway for groceries. Then putting away everything - some in house and some in trailer. I also got one double, lower cabinet cleaned and purged a few things I haven't used in years. Hooray! It has begun! I had a massage and later in the afternoon, my massage therapist, David, came by to look at Ernie's pick-up which he wants to buy as soon as we can legally sell it. And POOF! the day was gone!

Today Bill is going up to meet his cousin at Ernie's house, and, besides packing, I am going to clean a few more cupboards, and kit up a little hand project to take camping. We decided after our 3 nights up on the Strait to go around the Olympic Loop, spend 2 nights in a campground near Bill's sister, and then 3 more nights out on the ocean beach at our favorite campground. Becky lives 12 miles from the very tiny town of Elma where the Warm factory is located. We are out of batting, so we're going to order a 40-yard bolt, ask Becky to pick it up for us since we won't be arriving until after business hours on Friday, and we'll get it from her Friday night. We'll be gone a total of 9 days - Oct 1-9.

BECCA - you were the only one at the table yesterday! It was all YOURS! Yum! Mary Q has the sweetest, most generous heart. And if you met her in person, which I have, you would love her even more! So good to read of the twins' progress and praying both are truly on their way now with no more setbacks! I love the idea of a fund-raiser for them. Will you be able to attend?

I'm not sure about supper tonite. Maybe pork chops and a sweet potato cubed and saute'd with onions. and of course, one of our never-ending salads. Whatever we have, it won't be grilled outside! Not today! lol!

What's the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sept 28th

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:17 am

Good morning everyone,sun has peeped out.We are still hot here.
Maryz Your 49 temp sounds wonderful.And the rain too,We are super dry .
Yes Maryq I’m sure is a sweetheart like another sweet Mary I know.My Maternal Grandmother was named Mary.
Yes I will go to Benefit.Its 12 miles from here on South end of Town.
That was a fast truck sale.Yipee.

Yesterday I did a lot of cleaning flowerbeds for Winter.And Weeding.Trying to get ready for Fall.At least things are starting to die off.I have. Clothes in dryer.
I’m having pinto beans,turkey sausage.Lots of goodies. Becca

Jana I loveHorses & My Mother did too.Sure the show was spectacular.

Tina Hope you enjoy your day & picnic.
Last edited by Becca on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am

Good morning!

Mary - reading about the Juan de Fuca straits, I know a story about them that you may not know. While Michael was serving in the navy, he was assigned to a destroyer and patrolled those straits. The Russians snuck a submarine in and the sub sunk in the strait. The Navy knew it was there and wanted to retrieve any and all info. But the Russians were trying to prevent that and sent in a so called fishing trawler to destroy what they could. Our destroyer sent several warning shots over the bow of the trawler and ran it out of the strait. We are getting your weather here too.

Becca - what a great blessing that auction is! Little things add up!

The horses were wonderful. The sponsor, Young Living's 6 horse hitch had just come home from winning a major title and the horses showed why they won. They performed and won most of the events yesterday. There were 18 different teams competing. Those horses have such personalities! Besides being BIG! We had a wonderful time. Then took the back roads home. And stopped out for dinner and have plenty for tonight's dinner. Drove through the land of Goshen. My mom used that phrase. Goshen is a tiny, wide spot in the road, a few houses, gas station and church.

Need to finish the Ward bulletin and then I can play.

Enjoy,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Tonight's supper was left over veggies and salad with a hot dog added in.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”