Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:45 am

Good morning!

I'm having a very early morning. The dog has had to go out 3 times. And even though I'm not the taker-outer, it wakes me up. Dog and Dad are back asleep but here I am. I guess Vicki has reached a new low. Her yard has been mostly garbage free for the past few weeks. Probably courtesy of her kids as their way of addressing the rat issue. So we felt OK letting Scottie off his rope for a little while so he could chase the tractor while Bill mowed on Wednesday. The tractor is Scott's favorite thing in life - besides food. But we've caught Vicki calling Scottie lately, trying to lure him to come over there and last week she looked like she was strewing unknown stuff on the ground. Apparently she saw Scott off his rope on Wed, tossed out a bunch of garbage, and called him over to feast. And, of course, he did. He's had the runs ever since, mostly at night. She is very sly and knew exactly what she was doing - purposely making our dog sick. So sad because she's always been such a pet-lover. Her ex-husband is one of the town vets. Her bitterness over their divorce 37 years ago has grown over the years and maybe now she not only hates him but his patients, too. Or maybe she's trying to drum up business for him. Let me just say here, he's NOT our vet!

Yesterday I finished up two projects and got my sewing room cleaned! Now I have a quilt top on the frame and since we can't find a computerized pattern to fit the oversized blocks, I will be doing it freehand I think. So this afternoon I need to practice on paper to build up a bit of muscle memory before I start on the quilt itself. The morning will be taken up with a massage, chiropractor, gas, groceries, and mail. I've started planning menus for camping and have the trailer fridge turned on. We're going to be gone 3 nights (Oct 1-3) with our friends, but then we're thinking we might go over to the coast by ourselves and stay out a few more nights. We're looking forward to getting away for a few days.

Last night's leftover chicken went into a chicken macaroni mushroom casserole. And now we have leftovers of THAT! So, we're good for tonite. How are things looking at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 27

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:28 am

Hello everyone,sunny here but not as hot.
Maryz The Drama never ends with Vicky.I sure hope Scottie doesn’t get sick again.I was up a lot too but not for the same reasons.You & Bill both need a break after all you have been thru.

Got walk in early.It was cool so it was nice.Then did flower bed on side removing flowers for the Fall clean up.Still have 1 bed to go.Denise & Mark will be back to help.

Yesterday Maryq sent the Twins a package.I was so surprised.She has sent each set of my twins gifts.I wrote Levi & he & Taylor said they are beyond grateful.They have had friends & Family trying to help them because of all they have been thru.Denise said Taylor really looks worn out.I told her no wonder.She lives at the NICI Unit.

We have grilled pork chops & Im making pinto beans.We also have lemon pie. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”