Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:09 am

Good morning!

What a nice morning here. Low 50's but clear and dry. It's the very beginning of morning, as Ethan might say.

Yesterday at Ernie's was a real lesson in housekeeping. I took on the kitchen - a tiny galley kitchen. I believe Ernie and Sherrie moved into that house in the early very 60's and a few of the upper shelves hadn't been touched since then, I'm sure! I went through every cabinet and drawer and filled 8 HUGE black garbage bags . Three were mostly plastic for recycling and 5 were actual garbage (ever seen petrified marshmellows?). Thinking on it later in the evening, there were no pans but one square griddle. I bet Ernie ruined all the pans trying to cook after Sherrie died. Bill was in another room going through papers. He didn't tell me until after I'd finished the kitchen that the new plan was to only go through, take anything we wanted, and leave the rest for a crew Cousin Fredd is engaging to empty and clean the house. Oh well. I'm now inspired to clean my own kitchen cabinets!!! All I found to bring home is 6 champagne flutes, 2 pretty glass serving dishes, a garden rake, and a magnifying glass. I think everything is now on Fredd, the executor, who sees attorney today. Besides the house we have two vehicles to sell.

So today I'm free to do what I want, I think. I SHOULD do some yard work - and I might. But I also plan to finish my SS gift and get binding sewn on at least one side of the queen red/black/white quilt. I'm not in a rush to do that because it's a housewarming gift for a new home that won't be finished until Halloween or later. But I do want it off my dining room table! Foxy thinks I put it there for his napping comfort!

TINA - I'm glad your dad is feeling better. Was the injection just to control pain or somehow initiate healing? You are having too much fun with your patterns and fabrics! I hope you get your test results today. Chicken noodle soup sounds so good!

JANA - I hope the victims in that incident where Aaron swooped in to save the day will be OK. Burns are the worst! I bet that truck driver doesn't have a job today! Sorry you are still feeling pukey. Wishing you a better day today.

BECCA - good to hear Brodee is doing so well. I hope he keeps up the good work! I'm sure his sister misses him. Have they ever determined just why the twins decided to come so early? I read you weren't feeling so well yourself. We can't have you down and out! You are the glue for your family!

CHICKIE - are you home today? Hope you're in your sewing room!

I miss IRISH but I know she's having a wonderful time with Tim & Kathy.

We got home yesterday earlier than we expected so we ordered a delivered pizza and enjoyed 'linner' at 3:00 out on the deck. Bill fell asleep on the couch and I worked on my SS gift. If I can get that finished and the binding on the R/W/B quilt maybe I'll turn my eyes onto my Christmas Swap blocks . . . I think supper will be chicken. Not sure if we'll grill it, bake it, crockpot it, or soup it. Tina's soup did sound yummy. Or maybe chicken and dumpling casserole? I've got some time to figure it all out.

Have you figured out something yummy yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 25th

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:32 am

Hello Maryz & all others.We too were in 50s this morning.Sunny here.

Maryz They said Taylor had an infection & that caused her Body to make them come Early to protect them.She Told Marty one day he was visiting & it was just her & Him.
I think it’s incredible with all they have been thru but There are so many praying for them.
Oh I got going & have accomplished a lot this morning.Washed bedspread & sheets.Cleaned Bathrooms,Did Some Floors & dusted.If that pain hadn’t stopped I was seriously considering going to ER But I knew that required movement & I was afraid to move because the pain was worse If you u even moved your Head at all.
Oh my My cabinets need attention & you had to bring it up.lol
Cannot imagine what you saw in The clean up job.

Jana Burns are so serious & slow healing.Hoping you are feeling better today.

Tina Im Hoping you have heard something by now.After Reading about your Dad I know he’s in a lot of pain.Prayers for him.

Irish We all Know you are painting the town.lol

Chickie Hoping you find some free time.Youre such a great Daughter.& many things to many people.

They are giving a Benefit for Taylor Levi & Babies in Mid November.I volunteered for cake & cookies but I’m wracking my brain for other things.They have spaghetti Dinner,cake walk,Baked goods sale & Auction.
We are having burritos. Becca
CA doesn’t eat much.He drinks Boost to help with energy.
Have a great day everyone.And thanks for praying & asking about our Babies.Hugs to all.All my friends on here mean so much to me.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi!
Mary, sounds like your day was yucky crazy yesterday. But I'm glad that Bill's cousin is having someone go clean it all out. When Mom passed it took Dad over a year to go through everything, she had my sister's hospital papers and bill from when she was 16 and had my first nephew....Dad couldn't believe it! I think he threw it away, I told him he should've sent it to Jerry (my nephew) because he knows nothing about his birth and he might've liked to have had it for a keepsake. Vicki sure keeps you on your toes over there, guess they aren't going to take her away 😢
Becca, I'm glad you're doing better, being under the weather is bad enough but when you're the one who takes care of others it knocks your socks off. (((((Hugs)))))
I've had an extremely stressful day today! After 5-6 phone calls, numerous messages left and talking to the office manager and reporting all the times the phones are turned off, messages not being returned, tests not being scheduled, appointments not being made and me crying, hurting and crazed with stress etc. etc. I have an appointment at 6:30am tomorrow for my results that have been there since Monday. I'm going to talk to the Dr tomorrow and see if a meeting was actually called between the office manager, my Dr and the Dr that owns the complex and actually hires all the office staff. .... It will probably determine if I keep seeing this Dr. We just don't have much choice here when it comes to Dr's, I think we have more Nurse Practitioners than Dr's and I've already been misdiagnosed by the one so I really don't have much faith in NP's.
Jana, I hope you're feeling better.
Chickie, I hope you're finding sewing fun time.
MaryRose, I hope your having easier days.
We have leftover chicken noodle soup for tonight, it sure was Yummilicious last night! For some reason I've only been wanting to eat soups lately.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:14 pm

I am slightly better. I am hoping to be well enough by Friday. We have been given special VIP tickets to a draft horse show in Mona. About a 90 minute drive south. It is being hosted by Young Living Essential Oils company at their lavendar farm. My friend who I help sew for is a COO for the company and learned I love those big draft horses. He has arranged for these special tickets and even a golf cart to drive us around the grounds. Young Living has several teams of what are called 6 horse hitches that they enter in competitions around the country.

Dinner - Michael is cooking - chicken soup for me and he has korean beef and rice.

Enjoy!
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:55 pm

For me it is more of the same stuff, different day.

Mary it is good that Fredd is having someone come in to take care of Uncle Ernie's house clean up/out. It can definitely be a tedious job. My sisters and I had to take care of all my mom's stuff. After that experience I don't ever want to have to do it again. I hope that I get all my stuff purged before I pass away so my kids don't have to deal with such a disaster.

Becca prayers continue for you, Taylor, Levi, and the twins. Our God is an awesome God. He has a plan, and we will take a day at a time, holding these little ones up before Him. May God continue to bless each of you, and wrap His arms around you with peace and comfort. Hugs

Tina, hang in there. I know it is difficult when the office staff is being so neglectful and incompetent. It seems that no one knows how to communicate if the means of communication isn't in the patient portal format. It took a visit to my cardiologist to see the results of my last two CT scans. I did get a call from the oncologist, but it was a two minute conversation to say everything looks good, no cancer, didn't show anything that could warrant the pain, there is a hiatal hernia in the esophagus, follow up with tests again in one year. The cardiologist actually spent two hours reviewing them with me Monday.

Supper tonight is grilled chicken, wild rice, and sautéed squash.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”