Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:40 am

Good morning,

I have to rush today. We're leaving early for Ernie's house to clear it out and get ready for the charity to come pick up stuff at a later date. Going to hire a service to clean it. But it will probably take a few more visits to it before we're done.

Yesterday I got my Elf gift ALMOST finished, not quite. I got my queen quilt trimmed but no binding on it yet. And I made a batch of peanut butter cookies when I got home from chiropractor. And I washed about 4 loads of fabric that my SIL gave me. All wool. Most of the pieces are 60" wide and 5 yds long.It all came out beautifully. Not sure what I'm going to do with it all, but at least it's clean and no longer smells musty from storage.

BECCA - Praying for Brodee. Shunts are actually not uncommon. But pretty scary when it's YOUR baby.

CHICKIE -My scraps are starting to get out of hand. I have an iris cart of 4 plastic drawers - darks, mediums, lights, and cream/white. Plus I have a small tote of squares of all sizes from 2" up to 6". Maybe I should mail them all to "someone" - you know, as a surprise!

JANA - so how does Aaron fit his wings inside his uniform every day?!?

TINA - a good plan - do a little bit each day when the uglies are small.

ROSEBUD - you lucked out with dinner! that sounds delish. And you get reruns!

Last night I found two little meatloaves left in the freezer instead of the chicken I was looking for so I cooked them and we split a baked sweet potato and had a salad. Tonite will be a surprise. I've made a plan for pizza while we're working at ernie's in Seattle but I'm not sure how long we'll be there or if we'll want supper at home tonite. Still debating on whether or not to take Scottie. He'll be a pain, but we're going to be gone a LONG time. I might ask Lori across the road if she'll come let him out about 2pm and give him half his supper . . . Scottie's having kibble. The same kibble he has had every night for 6 years. He likes 'leftovers'. :D

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 24

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 am

Good morning!
Dad is having an injection in his neck today, They found one side of his neck bones were crumbled....could be the reasons for such bad headaches. His new medicine for his cancer doesn't let him keep any foods down....well he did keep pizza down Sunday! I'm going to make homemade chicken noodle soup for supper, maybe that will be easy on him.
Mary, I hope your day doesn't get the better of you, pace yourself.
MaryRose, your supper sounded yummy!
Becca, praying for the babies.
Jana, ditto what Mary said.
I'm still puttering around with laundry today. I've been doing dabbles of sewing and adding to the fidget quilt. I'm also tracing Fatcat patterns on fusable today too.
I called my Dr's office, 1 phone goes straight to voicemail the other goes to a message, I left a message. They have cell phones for their office phones. I don't think the office staff are very good for my BP!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 am

Good morning!

Aaron was grateful that the woman injured was alone and didn't have a child strapped in a car seat. When he arrived about 30 seconds after it happened, he already had a plan in his brain for such a incident. Both injured people are in stable condition at the hospital. He told me that is why he has the big truck, he can push anything out of the way! No wings, he just does.

Dinner - something easy that Michael can heat and eat. Still feeling a bit punk today. I have things made ahead for just such occasions.

Finally got my head wrapped around those instructions for the turkey block. They are not written well, but I succeeded. I am putting on the borders and will quilt it today. Then another block of half square triangles, seven in a row, were too long - you made them from the leftover corners of the flying geese blocks. Which they didn't tell you to square up to a slightly smaller size. Fixed that too.

Mary - at least it is a small home. Love peanut butter cookies!

Tina - I have been saving my FatCat patterns till I have them all. I did get the background fabric for the chickens - chicken wire print. I am so tempted by a few other of their patterns too.

Becca - much prayers today for successes!

MaryRose - that really isn't much time to retire - the way time is flying, it will be here sooner than later.

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:45 am

Hello everyone,waiting isn’t easy.Hes in surgery now.
They are putting in a button & if he needs one later he will get a shunt.Denise & Mark got home yesterday from NY so they are with them.They live not far from the Children’s Hospital there.Thanks to all for your prayers and thoughts.They are much appreciated.

Maryz Hope it goes well for all of you.I too Stripped beds ,did laundry,walked,made lunch & must get back to it when I finish this.

Jana I too am thankful no child was involved.Good Aaron has wings.

Tina Hope you are feeling better.Did you ever get results from test? From your post I gather you have not.Hope they can keep your Dad at least comfortable.

Rosebud Your meal did sound good .Leftovers are good too.

We are having burgers & Baked beans.Thats all CA wants is burgers.He doesn’t eat much at all.thanks for remembering our little Brodee & Levi & Taylor & Hadlee Too.If he does well
They will go back to Asheville in a few days. Becca

Brodee is out of surgery.It went well.Thanks for your prayers.He is back in his room.Thanks for praying for all of us & I thank God for bringing him this far. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 am

Stopping back in to let you all know that Dad is out and doing really good!
Becca, prayers for Brodee!
Jana, I have all my Fatcat patterns downloaded to my computer but decided I really need to get some printed so I've been doing that this morning and putting them in a 3 ring binder. She's having 25% off right now, through Etsy it's already marked down but through her website you use PUMPKIN for the code. I bought a tree skirt yesterday because Kevin asked for one after last Christmas, I just decide which one I'll make, either the Fatcat one or the MSQC one, maybe both and let him choose? LOL or maybe I'll ask him first and make that one....decisions decisions....
I'm wanting to trace my snowmen and penguins today, I can't put them on fabric yet because I have to decide on my background fabric. Oh I bought the chicken wire fabric for my Hen Party too, I figured that when that came out I'd better get that background fabric in case it wasn't available when I get around to making them.
We're having a Fall day so far, it's nice and cool, overcast and breezy, love it! I have bunches of Windows open!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”