Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 am

Good morning!

BECCA - yesterday was your half-birthday! I celebrated by doing laundry and watching my Seahawks lose. I hope your day was better! And today is MY half-birthday! I hope things go better! :lol:

TINA - please don't push yourself to do so much. I'm sure the more you rest, the better you'll feel and heal more quickly. The body needs to rest when it's fighting an "intruder". Sounds like a good snake to be dead. But two tails?? Saw a 2-headed rattler on TV last week. Double Ick! Glad you are cooling down. We'll be camping in a week and wearing coats, huddled around the campfire, I'm sure!

JANA - so YOU"RE the one! It was your rooting that got our Seahawks tromped! Have to say, though, I bet that back-up QB, Bridgewater, is excited today! As to trees, I gotta have trees! When we travel, I used to be surprised at how much of the country seems bare to me. I love getting back into 'tree country'!

BECCA - I'm sorry your CA isn't feeling up to par these days. I have to say, creamed potatoes would tempt MY appetite! Mom used to make them with peas quite a bit. I never think of them. We have no snakes here except for little garter snakes. Non-poisonous. And I've only seen one of them in the last 20 years.

MARY ROSE - I like the way your think! You and Tina should definitely make a road trip here!!

Today I plan to put binding on my red/black/white queen quilt, work on my Elf gift, and bake cookies for tomorrow when we're going to meet Bill's sister and their cousin at Uncle Ernie's house and start the big clean-out. Almost everything is being donated to a battered women's shelter but Bill wants the rolling tool chest and his sister wants the washer/dryer for her DD who just had new baby. And if there's any garden tools I will take those. The rest goes. So I'm taking cookies, paper plates, a cooler of drinks, ibuprofen, and hand sanitizer, and I think we'll order pizza. At least that's MY plan! I doubt anyone else is thinking that far ahead.

For tonite, though, I'm planning either baked chicken in a mushroom sauce or little meatloaves I found in the freezer. with baked sweet potato and salad.

Happy Suppertime!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 23

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 am

Good morning!

I have a few extra minutes to myself right now. Michael went out to mow the lawns. They are quite shaggy, so it will take extra time.

Not much going on here. The chicken enchiladas didn't get made yesterday, so I will do them in a minute and dinner is ready.

Sarah is booked for sod deliveries into the first of November. A few thousand feet still available, so the phone message will be changed and she will be done with that part of her job. She still has other things, but they don't take much time. She borrowed my new FGV2 and bought fabric to start that quilt. I will probably by me a replacement copy, because I have no idea when it will come back. LOL! I bought one of Lori Holt's earlier books ghat I didn't already own and it arrived, so I do have plenty to keep me busy.

Mary - I keep track of the games on my tablet yesterday. I could check the scores. The BYU QB wasn't the starter, he played backup. My 9ers did worry me a bit. Cleaning out a house is a big chore. I know many places like Deseret Industries or Salvation Army will come and take the big stuff, if you call ahead. You might need to call said gold digger, if any of her stuff is there, just for legalities and give her a definite time frame to remove her stuff. She could cause hassles.

Well, I need to get started on some uglies,

Enjoy!
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 am

Good morning!
Mary, that's a big job you all are doing! Good thinking on your part, for snacks, drinks, pizza, hand sanitizer etc.
Jana, so far all I've done with my FGV2 is thumb through a few pages but it looks awesome!
MaryRose, I love your idea!
I need to do laundry today so I have small loads to carry, I didn't even think to do it yesterday so Frankie could carry it for me. I'll let Mr Gears vacuum for me today and I'll dust and do bathrooms. If I do everything before it gets where it actually needs it then it takes me half the time and I'll rest this afternoon. I already cleaned the porch.
I'm thinking chicken for supper, maybe in soup, I haven't decided yet for sure.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 am

Just got off the phone with Aaron. He was near a convenience store, next to the freeway, when he heard a loud ka-boom and saw a large black plume of smoke. He went immediately over - a semi didn't set his brakes correctly, the truck rolled about 300 feet, down a steep hill, hitting the gas pumps at the convenience store. Two people were pumping gas at the pumps the truck hit. Only one was injured, burned on his lower legs, second degree burns. So Aaron pulled that victim to safety and then put out the fire. He told me he is already playing the role of a firefighter! EMT's showed up and transported the injured victim to the burn unit at the U.

I will get a break on his escapades, they are going to St George to visit Kate's mom for the week. On second thought, that may not be such a good idea! LOL!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Good afternoon! We were rainy yesterday—3” of it as well as nice and cool—mid 70s! I stayed in my sewing room doing scrap management (strips and squares from my scraps) when I wasn’t getting interrupted by DH for food or dogs for pets. Tinker Bell is very needy in stormy weather, so she was never more than two feet away from me. I still have some more scraps to take care of, then I can put things away and start a new project… which one? Sew many projects, sew little time!!!

Tomorrow and Thursday will be Mom sitting, and we have appointments (dental cleaning, finance guy) on Wednesday. So… not much sewing will be accomplished for a few days. I’ll try to get there today, but I have a bunch of little things to get done first.

MaryZ—I think you have an excellent plan for tomorrow. It’s always nice to donate to people who will appreciate it! The ibuprofen will be needed, I’m sure! Good luck with the disposal!

Jana—Never a dull moment with your Aaron!!! That could have been so tragic! I know everyone involved is thankful he was there and alert and knew what to do. I know you will find ways to fill your time while your little guy is in St. George!!!
I’d call the Gold Digger’s leftovers “abandoned property”. We actually had a renter leave under cover of darkness, and DH didn’t clean the apartment out for six months, then the kid came around wanting his stuff. Like we were supposed to hold it for him for that long??? HA! No way!!!

Tina—I’ve been doing laundry today and hanging it out on the lines. Those big baskets sure get heavy! Hope you are getting a nap!

Becca—do hope CA is feeling better! Happy half birthday yesterday! I remember when being half a year older was a big deal… when we were under 12. LOL! Any vegetable creamed is awesome! Creamed peas were always special with DD and me.

MaryRose—Hope you can retire soon! I do not regret retiring early, although insurance was frightful and necessary. Good luck to you in planning!

First on my list this afternoon after paying a bill online (we have already walked Choc and Ava) will be planting some spring bulbs and changing the flowers on the porch wreath to fall. The calendar is telling me fall is here, but the temperatures still say SUMMER!

Dinner tonight—I think I’ll have a salad. DH will probably have some cat food. I made some brown butter carmelized bananas banana bread, and it’s delicious. That makes a nice “after”. I saw the recipe online, tried it, and surprised myself at how yummy it is. For me, it’s a little sweet, but DH loves it.

Bon appétit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello everyone,sunny here today but sun has gone now.We are hurting for rain.
TWINS UPDATE Brodee will have surgery in the morning to have a button for fluid to drain.After he reaches a certain weight they may install a stent.We are Praying it stops & that isn’t necessary.They are hoping he can go back to Asheville & join Hadlee in a few days if he does well.
Hadlee hasn’t had murmur in 2 days so they are Praying the valve closed on its own.They will do echo to find out.She just needs to gain Weight.
Thanks for your prayers & love. Becca

I went to Quilting.We had 6 so we got several completed.This Afternoon I cut off some of my flowers that are gone for the season.We too are still having Summer temps.

Maryz I have never remembered a 1/2 Birthday & had never heard of it until you mentioned it.Lol 😂 You Sure Have a great plan for your busy busy day.Sure hope it goes well.
And I would make sure if any of GFs belongings are there they would be trashed.

Chickie Sure hope Tinker Bell gets better.I had never heard of creamed peas.My Mom used to put rivlets in them which was a small dumpling Delicious.Your bread sounds good.Yum,

Jana Your Arron never gets bored for sure.Sarah has a built in shop.lol

Tina You need to relax more & rest.Take it from your Elders .Lol

Rosebud Do hope you can figure out a retirement plan sooner than later.

We had breakfast today for our Dinner meal. Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Supper tonight was a steak I found in the freezer and thawed, sweet potato, corn, and salad. There is enough to repeat tomorrow night.

Now I think I will read for a bit and wind down from my day before heading off to bed. Work tomorrow comes early.

Prayers all around, especially for Brodee and Hadlee.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”