Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Sept 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Sept 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:01 am

Good morning!

ahhh.... Saturday! I haven't worked in years, and even when I did, weekends meant nothing as nurses work weekends, too. But still - it's the best day of the week! I've got a few uglies to do, then we are having lunch with Lee & Lara! They moved back to Alexandria, VA in early July (I haven't seen them since May), but Lee is being sent by work to do some inspections at the submarine base here. They fly in this morning. :D :D

We got another surprise yesterday in Ernie's mail. An unpaid traffic ticket racked up by the 'girlfriend' while driving Ernie's truck. She blew past a schoolbus that had it's stop-sign out. It was a red-light camera that caught it so the ticket automatically goes to the registered owner of the pick-up. Bill left her a rather firm message asking her how soon she would be paying HER ticket. And a second message when we remembered there is a $500 deductible owed from when she wrecked his truck. We won't be seeing any $$, I'm sure, but it felt good to "let her have it"!

IRISH - that is so cool about Nick's assignment! In 2003 we were in England for a week and I was surprised at how beautiful it was - and how clean London was. And now you have someplace new to go visit! And Germany isn't that far away... and Ireland is closer! Oh, Baby Girl isn't going to like this!!

BECCA - such wonderful news about Brodee!! How your little ones can fight! A testament to the human spirit. Even tiny humans! Will keep praying!

MARY ROSE - If I worked as hard as you do, I'd be falling asleep on the couch every chance I got! How much longer until you can retire?

TINA - glad you have all those tests in the rear view mirror and we'll be praying for definitive answers and lots of good news on Monday! Glad you got some rain!

CHICKIE - alright - you've been such a wonderful daughter (and sister!) that I'm going to reward you with a free pass to raid your freezer of cat food all next week! See - not all rewards are in heaven! Your cow quilt and accessories are all so cute! They will be treasured, for sure!

JANA - I like T-storms, but not when the lightening is close! Glad Michael fetched Ethan. I wouldn't want to dirty up a kitchen I'd just worked so hard cleaning either! Yay for eating out!

We're eating lunch today at the local watering hole - The Tides Tavern - with Lee & Lara after their flight gets in. Not sure what time that will be, so it might be more like "lupper". which means no cooking! But if we do cook, it will be burgers and salad.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Sept 21

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 am

Good morning!

Mary - uggh! Maybe we will see you on Judge Judy! She loves cases like this. You have proof she drove the truck, the accident shows that and Uncle Ernie was in the hospital at the time of the ticket. I would turn her over to the courts so fast, it would make her head spin! As Judge Judy would call her, a hustler! What fun to have Lara back for a visit! Maybe there will be more assignments to send them home for visits.

Not much here, just cleaning up a once clean kitchen. Last night, Stu and Ethan needed dinner, as Sarah, was gone. Aaron learned I was feeding Stu and Ethan, and Kate was on duty. So a few more noodles in the pot and I fed them too. Being 17 months old, spaghetti doesn't always make it in the mouth. There are gravity hotspots under a highchair! LOL! I have most of the kitchen back in order, just need to redo the floor.

We have snow on the mountains again. A little lower than last time. A little colder as well. So after the floor, I am in the Batt Cave. Dinner - OUT!

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:14 am

Hello everyone,sunny here & 84.Still waiting for our cool down.

Maryz I am afraid I would be pursuing money from the person you call Girlfriend.She deserves any punishment you dole out.So Happy for you that DD is Visiting.Always nice to see your kids no matter their age.Bill & you both deserve a Looong Break.

Jana Sure Those Mtns are beautiful with the snow.I too hate Kitchen clean up.Love your eating plan for tonight Out.

DGS facetimed this morning.He was like us so grateful they didn’t do surgery on Brodee.He said Levi is amazing with the Drs.He does all the interactions with Drs & personel.
He said Adalyn got her cast off & we got to see her this morning.
CA is having a really rough day.He continues to get weaker & coughs so much.
We are having burgers & potatoes n onions. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 am

Good morning!
Mary, I think you need to take the girlfriend to court for sure, $1000 is a lot of money. Sorry about Uncle Ernie but I think as soon as he relaxed and was in a nice place he felt he could go and how sweet his mom came for him ❤
Chickie, your quilt and accessories are perfect! This is going to be the best accessorized baby ever! You are a great daughter and sister.
Jana, I'm the same way about my kitchen. When we eat out I make sure it's clean before we leave so I actually get the night off 😉
Becca, sorry CA isn't doing very well, I hope the cough passes, coughs can be draining! So happy little Brodee didn't need surgery! Prayers continue for sure ❤
MaryRose, I wish you can retire soon ❤
Yesterday I had my Echocardiagram, Carotid ultrasound and CT scan of my head done, even went grocery shopping, had my teeth cleaned and my 5 year xrays done then went to Cruces to visit with Kevin, Maria and Matthew and had supper with them, I was beyond exhausted! Today I already made breakfast, gave Frankie a haircut, feed my fish and turtles, made the dough for my stromboli and cleaned my kitchen! I'm making the stromboli for lunch and Dad is coming over and Holly and the kids are here too LOL I think my kitchen is like yours Jana's ..... always open LOL
I haven't thought about supper yet, is personally like soup.
Tina

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Oh, you all are so busy!!! My head is spinning as I read! Good afternoon from a drizzly prairie! We are cooler—75 with an index of 75! It’s lovely, but it will warm to upper 80s by Wednesday and pushing 90 into October. This is crazy!!! I know I’ll be crying for warm weather later, but this is really unseasonable!

Mary—I like Jana’s suggestion of Judge Judy! She would assess the gold digger for damages, rent on the truck, and everything else she could think of! If you never collected, it would be worth getting the judgment on her. Too bad you can’t garnishee her income from her next sugar daddy.

Becca—so sorry to hear CA is having more issues with his breathing. Hugs to you!!! Oh, I love fried potatoes with onions! What time should I arrive? Great news on the little ones—all of them!

Tina—you really went through the tests then the dental cleaning yesterday! Hope you get some answers and course of treatment to get you feeling better than par! Your family certainly eats well! I’m going to make Stromboli before long!

Jana—love your suggestion of Judge Judy! She is such a hoot, but everyone gets what they deserve from her. I bet your view is beautiful! Doesn’t spaghetti also end up in the hair at that age? My DD and the little guy her age I babysat turned their bowls of spaghetti over their heads. They were so funny, I laughed, took pictures and couldn’t get too upset at them. That’s why kitchen floors were linoleum!

Tinker Bell has a mass in her behind that is probably inoperable. She is now on prednisone and an antibiotic course. Hopefully the prednisone will shrink the tumor and she will be good for a long time. She is such a sweet dog. She’s putting up with all the poking, prodding and x-rays very well and is still her doggy smiling self. She is the first dog we have seen that prefers pets to treats. She’s also soft as silk—quite different from the terriers and labs in the family.

I’m on Choc duty till tomorrow sometime. (It started Thursday.) Of course, the Hooligans love it—extra walks and treats! When I go at night, I drive, but they still insist on going and look for treats. Odie and I went this morning on our way to town—coffee with my friend, then to my sister’s. I had lunch with Mom and visited until she was ready for her nap (one of several throughout her day).

Dinner tonight—cat food from our pond! Sorry, Mary! The power was off here for some reason, and DH didn’t have anything to do, so he dropped a line off the dock. We have A LOT of bass fillets now, so we will be eating on those for awhile. I think I’ll try to freeze some, but I’m really looking forward to dinner(s)! I think I’ll do cat food tacos one evening.

Bon appétit!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Mary and Tina, if I wait for full retirement, it will be two years and two months more to go. If I can figure out a way to be sure I can afford my basic bills sooner, I will sign up for early retirement.

Mary have a good visit with Lee and Lara.

Tina hopefully you will have some answers and course of action soon now.

Supper tonight is peach pancakes because they are easy and it is late (at least for me). I just got home from work (today being my late shift).

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”