Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Checking In

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
dsf618

Checking In

Post by dsf618 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi! I lurk and follow old timers (I dislike that term! LOL!) - those of us who have been here from the beginning on Facebook. If you are a recent, please feel free to friend me - Deb Skinner Kisly.

It has been rough. My health is deteriorating. The acute osteoporosis is killing me. I break easy. I fell in January and shattered my elbow and after being in cast from January 25 to May 19 it is still broke but no longer in a cast. Two frozen chicken breasts fell out of the freezer last month and hit my foot and it broke a bone which the doc could do nothing about! The Lupus is effecting my eyesight which bothers me the most. I am at a constant level of 8 pain wise but I work through it. I don't feel comfortable jining block swaps, etc because I don't want to send junk and I miss it.

I have a 5 year old grandson (Robbyn married a young man with a son). This little Sweet Pea is the love of my life and is honestly is what is keeping me alive! They just moved back in with me a week ago Saturday because of eviction. So I am supporting them and me on disability.

My first son I haven't heard from since February 4, 2012 and don't know if he is even alive. My second son lives a town below me with his fiancee who's birth name is Sarah but want to be called Adam (who knows, but they love each other are make a great couple and are happy so who am I to judge). He comes to help when he can.

I recently went back to church. I am still coming to terms as to why God took Bernie from me after being together just 2 years and 16 days but am working on it and church activities are keeping me busy.

I pray for you all and hope that all of you are good and your quilting projects are coming together. I will try to be more active here!!

Have a great day!

Deb :roll:

billizzy

Re: Checking In

Post by billizzy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 am

Deb it is soooo good to hear from you. I truly understand living in pain. I had a major accident which you may have read about on here, in Feb and suffer from nerve pain that just won't stop. Its difficult some days but I grin and bear it. I too have that sweet lil man who keeps me young and going :) My sewing too is affected by it all. I call my arms gimpy and halfwit, lol. :lol: My left side is limited and sometimes feeding the fabric is difficult.

Loss of a loved one is very difficult; loss of a spouse is the worst. I cannot even imagine the lonliness you feel. But know you are in my prayers. Its so good that you have found a church that is keeping you busy. Being around Godly people will keep you filled with love and joy:)

come into sew ins and post with us. We all miss you !!

Hugs and prayers
I will send you a friend request. It will come from June Quilter :)
🐐izzy

WeeOne

Re: Checking In

Post by WeeOne » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 am

Deb it's good to hear from you!
We all have questions for God. Your life would have been very different without those 2 yrs and 16 days. I hope there's good memories.

I hope your kids help out and can find employment. I'm sure your disability check can only stretch so much.

Glad you found a church. Sending you prayers.
Lyn

Return to “Chit Chat”