Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:47 am

Happy Sunday!

We have rain! A light but steady rain and I'm loving it! We have the door open and can hear it on the roof.

Yesterday we were back at the hospital, met the nurse who came to evaluate Ernie and loved her on sight. Her assessment was much the same as ours - on Ernie and on the care he's been getting (or not getting :( ). She feels he would do best in an adult care facility and turns out there are two of them within 2 miles of our house. We're going to tour them in the morning and make a decision. Bill's cousin, who has been on two vacations since this all started and who has the actual POA and controls Ernie's money finally decided maybe he needs to come home a few days early. So he should be here by Tuesday which should simplify things. We've been having to front the money for everything from our own account. We also have to go shopping later today to get some clothes for Ernie - sweats and simple pull-overs and slipper sox, I think. And we can arrange for PT to visit 2x/wk to see if we can get him up into a chair. Can't believe in almost 7 weeks they have yet to even sit him in a chair! Anyway, things seem to be resolving!

Ernie fidgets a lot with his hands so I've decided to make him a fidget quilt. I've been watching U-tube videos - some great ideas out there! I have a lot of stuff, but we'll be off to Michael's this afternoon to pick up a few more things. I plan to make one for my DSIL in Alaska, too.

Seahawks game is on at 10am (which is why all our shopping is going to be this afternoon!) and our team is in Pittsburgh! We're going to play Irish and her team! I'll be wearing my favorite Seahawk tee shirt and earrings, so we're sure to win, right?

MARY ROSE - thanks for all the sweet words! I think we're all vying to offer Jana's Sarah opportunities for extra credit! lol!

JANA - you've got an entire landscaping crew at your house! Glad you're getting rid of those light fixtures. We got trapped by those, too, but only in our downstairs - not the entire house. They are long gone to the dump.

IRISH - thank you! I think my boy is a handsome dude, too. But he looks so much like his dad - mannerisms, posture, and all. Though people say he and his sisters all look like me. So - game on!! Will it be blue or yellow that rules the field? Our last game was a squeaker.

BECCA - nice to hear the twins are progressing so well. It had to bring tears to Mommy and Daddy's eyes to hear that first cry!

Supper tonite will be - I believe - meatballs with pasta. probably marinara sauce, but Bill may prefer an alfredo. His wish, as always, is my command. :lol: :lol:

What are you wishing for tonite?
Go Hawks!!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 15

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:12 am

Good morning!
We had a downpour yesterday morning and then in the evening it started raining really good and stuck around for hours and hours! I loved it except for the fact that Kevin, Maria and Matthew had to travel bank home at 11 last night in it! Kevin said it rained all the way home on them too!
Holly brought KFC last night! She offered to bring food and silly me thought she meant food to cook 😛
We're going to go get roasted green chili this morning and put our chili up for the year! And tradition has it that we always make fresh chili rellenos when we put chili up, so that'll be our supper! Yummy!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:03 am

Good morning!

Mary - yea- progress for Uncle Ernie's care. I have seen those fidget quilts, they are great! One of the Activity Day girls I taught to make a quilt, is now making fidget quilts and weighed quilts for children. When she was first with me, she said that she couldn't sew and was not crafty - ha! Now look what she does, I smile that I had a small part in teaching her.

Tina - Rain! Told ya it was coming. Glad Kevin snd family got home safe. I am on my way to dinner tonight to your house, few things I love more than chili rellanos!

Dinner tonight - will be simple - cheese raviolas with marinara sauce.

I have some day lilies in my front planter that have overgrown that planter, so I will suggest, loudly, to Sarah that we take out several, most of them and move them to the back tulip bed, so there is something, when the tulips are not. She does want to add plants, so this will save a bit on the budget. I am getting more bulbs on Monday, when we go to Costco. Hopefully Sarah will not be so busy, as with the snow falling, sod season is closing down. Her boss is selling off the business here, that Sarah runs. He will work for the sod grower directly and Sarah will be the bookkeeper for the bigger company too. No more dealing with customers, which can be a royal pain! This last week, Sarah dealt with orders totaling over 800,000 square feet of sod. That was a lot, as minimum order is 2000 square feet, average is about 3500 square feet. That is a ton of grass!

Becca - oh what a joyful sound to hear that sweet baby's cry. Brodee will not be far behind in adding to the chorus.

Well, need to get ready for church,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Hello everyone,
Been a nice day.Marty & His Friend come to visit.Brought me a beautiful Mum.
We had a nice visit & lots of laughs.

Maryz Glad it’s working out for Uncle Ernie & glad he will be close to you & Bill.

Jana I could put Sarah to work here.when Mark & Denise come they do yard work.Sure helps.Yes Levi said that was a very touching moment for them.

Tina Glad Your kids all got home safe.Hope your project goes fast.

We have to go in the morning for CAs bloodwork,DG run & Lowes about weed eater.
We had beef over pasta with broccoli. Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:29 pm

It's already supper time and I still haven't decided what to eat. Crazy me...breakfast was frozen burritos.

Here it looks like rain, but no drops yet.

Mary, good news that you will be able to get Uncle Ernie within a couple miles of you.

Hi Becca, did I hear correctly that the twins are gearing up for their next hurdle? Prayers continue!

Tina, when is your next appt.?

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”