Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:38 am

Good morning!

We've had light rain since last night. I've missed rain. It's nice! Can't wait to get out and walk in it later this morning! Summer ended here this weekend with a sudden lurch, all in one day. It's definitely fall now, with temps in the 60's. Last Friday was 80.

Our Seahawks won in a nailbiter. But it was a good game. So good that I didn't even pick up the label I was going to stitch. I had to keep my eyes on my team.

I finished the Big Recipe Box Clean-out. My stack of rejects was 5" high. My walking neighbor wants to go through them. And wouldn't you know it - I found a recipe last night for Gouda cheese sauce over grilled asparagus that sounded good so I've already started adding in new ones!

Bill is spending all day with his sister, visiting Ernie, Ernie's house, and going another 40 miles north to see Ernie's older brother, Uncle Jay (age 97). He won't be home until suppertime. I have chiro appt and no other plans for the day. A little paperwork, maybe sewing, or maybe sitting and cross-stitching that quilt label I never started last night while I 'read' an audio book.

IRISH, I would love your recipe for Shoofly cake (or pie? aren't there both?). I wonder if it's the same as my sister's. I don't have hers, either. She also makes "Funny Cake". Or is it pie? That seems like a regional dish, too. And she used to make Scrapple. Do you have that? Kind of like Spam . . . Our Scottie chases the vacuum and plays with it. Snickers ran out of the house if he even heard the closet door open where we kept the vac! lol! Cat goes high. and I so agree with you - even if she protests, there are some things Vicki's kids NEED to do. But they don't. My DB says his wife is now like a 3 yr old and you can't let a 3 yr old run things. I wish those kids felt that way.

BECCA - your twins continue to amaze me! I would never have guessed they would be doing this well. It's very common for feedings to advance then have to back off a bit. Takes time for tiny tummies and digestive systems to grow. And if Hadlee needs surgery to close her heart valve, it actually isn't an uncommon procedure and only takes about 30 minutes. Your day with the little ones sounds sweet, but tiring, I'm sure. Just being awake all day tires me! lol! I think a 7:15 - 4:00 is a VERY long day for a 5-yr-old to be suddenly vaulted into.

MARY ROSE - I'm assuming Morton and Emily are your purr-babies. They can be a lot of help! They hold down fabric so it doesn't blow away. You can see my Foxy doing just that in my avatar! You asked so I will share my prediction: I doubt anyone will ever do anything with Vicki. One day she will die at home and no one will know it until the kids stop by - perhaps several days later. Even though her house is only about 70 feet from ours, we can't see into it and we don't go over there because she hollers at us to get off her land. So, unless Scottie started acting funny, we wouldn't know. Her kids don't all visit, but usually one will stop by once a week for an hour or so. But we keep trying - for Vicki's sake as well as our own. I know I probably over-yak about her but she is a daily challenge in our lives and y'all are safe "vents" for me. Thanks for listening. Praying for good results for your medical tests this week. Has it been a year since you were in the hospital? Seems like only about 5 months ago.

TINA - did you see the new doctor for a second opinion or is that coming up this week? Let us know how it goes. How are you feeling?

CHICKIE - how are you, the Hooligans, and Mom doing? Last night on TV news someone referred to a rather nefarious character as a "son of a hooligan". I took umbrage for you!!

Again - supper is in the air. After a day in Seattle, dealing with Ernie, Bill will want comfort food. To him, that is soup. So that's what it will probably be. Maybe minestrone. He really likes that. A good wife would make biscuits for him, too. That's what a good wife would do. Bill probably doesn't have that good of a wife . . :lol:

What's going to be good at your house for supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 9

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:22 am

Good morning!

The fun is starting here. Aaron called and told me that the youngest sister of bridezilla is now engaged offically and getting married on November 23. This is the last of Kate's sisters, and the one with the least amount of brains. The voice of reason, besides our Kate, passed away, so the Mom is more of the bridezilla than the bride this time. So we will just sit back and enjoy the antics. Already, the other sister has stepped up and spoke her mind on several things - this was the previous bridezilla sister, who has mellowed and grown up alot. Thank goodness November isn't that far off!

Not much here. The last of the carpet cleaning, then a kitchen, and dancing with the laundry. Michael will vacuum the already washed areas of the carpet and shove the furniture over that area, leaving me a clear space to finish.

We have turned cold! 52 this morning. Always, it snows on Conference weekend, the first weekend of October. Doesn't stick, but does snow.

Mary - I too need to purge my recipes. Did that before we moved, and now should do it again. Many of mine are on my computer, so it shouldn't be too messy to hit the delete button. I want to assemble a small binder with the ones I use the most. That way I have a hard copy in my kitchen. There are angels in heaven, keeping a notebook of the good we do here. Your's and Bill's notebook is overflowing with all the notes and gold stars by your names! You are such a great example of love thy neighbor, that I take notes and try to do the same.

Becca - thanks for the updates and continued prayers for those precious bundles.

Irish - I will get that Ruby knew the way to something yummy!

Chickie - hope you are well and enjoying your time with mom.

Tina - happy to read you are searching out better answers!

Dinner - sesame chicken over rice. A new sauce I found at the store, so will try it out.

Enjoy!
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:37 am

Good morning Mary. It has only been about 5 months since my hospital visit. A year ago my hemoglobin had dropped to dangerous levels, but did not put me in the hospital. My primary Dr. sent me to the Oncologist for further tests, etc.. The oncologist said it would be best to have yearly checkups and CT scans to pre-act to any signs of cancer developing. This is the one year checkup from then. I will take in the paperwork from the hospital so he can review it.

I'm thinking tacos would be good for supper tonight. Question is do I thaw ground beef or ground elk. I'll decide that when I get back from my blood draw this morning.

Mary/Rosebud

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 am

Good afternoon from sunny and warm but only in the 70s...BUT, summer is returning and going to be in the mid to high 80s the rest of the week..I was thinking about putting away outside furniture but guess I'd better wait...Around here you just never know, we can almost have our 4 seasons in 1 day....

Mary, I didn't even have the TV on last night so I missed your game..AND so far today, don't even know what the Steelers did but then again, don't really care...I kind of go along with your prediction on Vicki but just think how sad...And I agree with Jana about you being the neighbor everyone should be honored to have...
If you like molasses, you'll like the shoofly cake...What I remember of the Amish making the pie, it was always "strong" where the cake is more cake like...Will be sure to send the recipe....

I'm not going to be able to stay and chat but just hoping everyone is having a great day....
I am so determined to get a lot accomplished today because the rest of the week looks like I'm running, most of it is "fun running".....
As far as dinner, I have fresh tomatoes, cheese and chipped ham and that might be my lunch also...Also got a pumpkin roll so I'm really set for afters.....

Happy eating.............

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:46 am

Hello everyone,been a busy morning here after my walk.
Got bed Stripped,Laundry done,vacuuming done & did couch too.And dusted.Also did chair cushions.And did Floors.And Cleaned Bathrooms upstairs.
Now hope to get apple pie made for neighbors.

Maryz I so agree about Kindergarten but that is state regulation.It would be easier if she only had a half day at least for 1/2 yr.When I taught they went 1/2 day.
Do hope all goes well for Bill & his sibling with Uncle Ernie.Thats not an easy task.
And for Vicky that’s a whole other bucket of worms to get into.

Rosebud.Praying you get good results on blood work.I had to see Ocologlist but it was nothing.All my BW was fine by then.

Jana Thats great to teach those boys how to sew.Will come in handy when they need pants hemmed or button missing.

Tina Prayers That you have got another opinion & are on the mend.

Irish I always get a chuckle from your post.

Wren & Tallulah facetimed us Yesterday.They hope to visit this week.Wren was thanking us for her card & Birthday money.Tallulah was just talking about visiting us.
Then Our DGS In WA facetimed & we saw DGD with her pink cast on.

We are having separate dinners today .CA gets burritos, Mine is Banned salad.Sugar cookies I made. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Well, laundry is done, dishes are done and the public area carpet is done! I have my feet up in my recliner taking a well earned break - in my book! I still have to put away the dishes, counters and sweep, so I am not quite done yet. The kitchen floor will get done tomorrow. Now the first husband to mess it up is in BIG Trouble! LOL!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”