Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:38 am

Good morning,

We had a nice little T-storm last night and there's still a light rain happening this morning. And my cat was outside somewhere. Unless he found a nice, safe cubby hole in the house or garage that he hasn't told us about. I called and called for him and he didn't answer. But when I woke up at midnight, he was on the bed, so all is well.

Ernie's first day on palliative care was a winner - of sorts, anyway. He actually ate about 1/3 of his breakfast, didn't pick at his surgical wound, and didn't try to get out of bed. Though he's still plucking daisies in left field. Bill has the only credit card that we've been able to find and as far as he can tell, there's been no activity for the past month. He has to keep it active so he can pay Ernie's expenses. But he's monitoring it. We've been through his entire house and wallet more than once and can find no record of any other cards.

Bill mowed yesterday and, after a week of quiet, as soon as the tractor started up, Vicki was out there, on the attack. We texted the incident to all of her kids but they no longer respond to us. We've been so occupied with Ernie and with our renovations that we let things slide with Vicki. So tomorrow we'll be filing our 7th report with APS. We will also be mentioning abuse of an elder by neglect (if that's a thing.) I'm not sure how legally responsible they are for her as she never gave them POA. But she is very neglected. We've been waiting for a witness letter to arrive but as soon as it does we'll take a day next week and go to the courthouse to file our petition for involuntary hospitalization. And the beat goes on . . . . At least we aren't bored here! lol!!

Yesterday I got the entire upstairs cleaned (kitchen, living, dining, bath, sewing) but I don't vacuum. Bill said he'll do that today. I also made progress on that big old recipe box. I'm down to cakes, misc desserts, and bars (like brownies) to sort through. Next I will turn my purging efforts to the linen closet in the hallway. I'll get through this sorting process just in time for Christmas and then I'll go through that stuff, too! It feels so good!

JANA - I bet Ethan had the time of his life on those roller coasters and other rides! Nice to have things finally turn up that have been given up for lost. Have fun hanging your pictures! I didn't know that Aaron was wanting for a new job. I wish him well (like he needs MY wishes for that!) in whatever endeavor he takes on.

IRISH - I will send you my recipe. (at least I know where it is now! lol!) Actually, I have a 2 or 3 of them, so I'll send them all! You can make them all and have a tasting, just like the wineries do!

MARY ROSE - Of course your supper tasted delicious! Forbidden things are always sweeter, aren't they??

Our Seattle Seahawks will be playing this afternoon so I'll start cross-stitching a couple of quilt labels in front of the TV then. Supper - Up in the air! You'd think, after just studying about a thousand recipes, I could come up with something. Guess I'm 'recipe'd out'! I think maybe frozen chicken burgers and a tomato/cucumber/onion salad? I'm out of lettuce.

What's your plan?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 8

Post by Irishgram » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:07 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm but not hot, SW. Pa...I probably should be outside, it think it's warmer out there than inside.....

Thank you Mary, I will be giving Kathy those recipes and we'll see what happens...You have me thinking about all those loose recipes I have and have decided, time to use or toss...Probably mostly toss...But, I do need to copy my Shoofly Cake for the gal who went to camp with us...Her DH loved it and ended up taking the couple leftover pieces home with him...It's kind of funny, when you know people who have lived in the area and have never tasted this cake or pie....
Maybe this time, you'll really get action with Vicki...I guess the kids are at wits end but I just can't imagine letting this go on and on...I don't care how much she protests, something has to be done....I'm just so grateful, I've never had to go through that, so sad.....
And, you'd better not be using the vacuum...Years ago, I had a rib out of place and my chiropractor told me, worst thing a woman can do is push a vacuum cleaner..I didn't have that problem in this house, Jim always wanted to vacuum and now, I'm trying to teach Baby Girl (just not getting the hang of it, runs and hides when I get it out)....

This is going to be a very lazy day..Did go out and sweep off the porches and watered the plants but that's about it....Since I don't watch pro football any longer, not sure what I'll have on TV if anything...Didn't sleep last night so Baby Girl and I might be taking a nap or at least going to bed at a decent hour....

For dinner, that's up in the air...I do have to run to the store and would be nice if Ruby makes a turn in Subway parking lot....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating...........

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Hello everyone,sunny and hot.Started Off Cooler but warmed up.
Our company left this afternoon.Enjoyed the little Grand.She is tiny tiny.Takes piano,dance lessons & gymnastics & softball.Shes in 1st grade.
Was tiring but fun.We took a hike & she went to Creek & caught tadpoles with a little boy there.They release them.

Twins are doing good.Brodee is not tolerating his feeding as well since they increased it.But Both weigh 2 lbs.They are Hoping he can come off ventilator in a couple days.Hadlee will need hers longer.They still try to get wires out.We are praying they can get them all off.

Maryz I think you & Bill Have Been very patient with Vicky’s condition.And with Uncle Ernie Sure Glad you got the GF stopped from getting any more.They tried to get Pallative Care for CA but he stopped them.I think when he goes back to Dr he will let her get it for him.
Tallulah didn’t go to pre-K.She is in Kindergarten & goes from 7:15 to 4:00 when she gets home.Way too long for her.Itsa private School & a travel time involved.

Irish Thats funny that Baby girl didn’t take to the vacuum.lol I only have 1 room with carpet & its a guest room so not much work involved.
We tried shofly pie when we were there .Didnt care for it.

Jana Sure your Family is busy.

Rosebud I missed you but always glad when you join us.

We had fresh green beans ,corn on cob,sliced tomatoes,broccoli salad, and BBQ chicken.
Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:43 pm

I finally decided to have chicken tonight. I picked up one of the rotisserie chickens at the store, and I will fix some green beans and a salad to go with it.

Maryz you make me more tired than I already am. By the time I work all week, I don't want to do anything more than the basics. Maybe when I get some vacation time approved I will be able to get some of my deep cleaning and purging done. Do you think they will ever do anything to help Vicky (even with protest)?

Irish I tried to teach Morton and Emily how to vacuum as well. They also ran away and hid. But they really enjoy helping in the sewing room.

Becca it is so, so good to hear the twins are doing better each day. Sounds like your other little one had lots of fun. It would have been a wonderful sight to see. I finally made it. Today was one of those really busy days with catching up with all the things that are a must to get done over my weekend. Plus tomorrow is blood draw at the Oncologist. Wednesday I go for annual CT scan, and Thursday back to Oncologist for results. All of this is follow up to ensure my hemoglobin levels are maintaining proper levels and my lungs are maintaining a good working condition since my last scan a year ago.

I finally got a chance to talk with Tina. She is hanging in waiting for her second opinion Dr.'s appointment.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”